It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Deaths Jan-March 2018, 2019, 2020 - Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I am going to hold off on this thread for another 30 days. I need to make sure the preliminary numbers for 2020 are accurate.

edit on 12-5-2020 by Buvvy because: Concerned about lags in 2020 reporting due to skeleton crew staffing at hospitals.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thus the importance of doing one's own research in order to "trust but verify".
2nd line

ganjoa

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Someone very scared will be here soon to tell you just how dangerous the Coronavirus is. Facts don’t matter to these people. They’re only concerned with their politics rather than the millions of lives they’ve destroyed with their fear mongering.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

I wonder what this looks like in say, NY.

Just curious bc that's what the msm seems to care about. That and California.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's just hard for people to accept there is nothing that can be done. They hoard TP, hide in their homes and really believe these things are viable solutions and are really going to work.

It's not working. There was never a shortage of TP and the lockdown was never going to slow down the virus. People are going to die and eventually it will run it's course. Maybe a vaccine is created but odds are there won't be one anytime soon if at all. Can't even cure the common wart which is also a virus but somehow we are going to figure this out. Highly unlikely.

The media, local dufus politicians and TV commercials keep throwing fire on this thing like it can really be beaten. It can't. Time to start dealing with reality. Can't stay in the bomb shelter forever. Even the "bomb shelter in place" is not working. Might as well get out of it right now.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Why should Texas shut down and quarantine because of NY?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Why should Texas shut down and quarantine because of NY?

Lol who even said anything remotely as that?!?

I'll rephrase... I wonder how different the numbers are for NY than in previous years based on the cdc info.

Better?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The numbers for 1st QTR of 2020 might not be complete yet. I am going to give it a bit more time and then I will do an updated post.

At initial glance the total deaths for Jan, Feb and March Texas in 2020 look to be less than in 2018 and not significantly greater than in 2019.

I need to drill down the data a bit. We were in quarantine which would have reduced motor vehicle deaths and workplace deaths - the decline in those deaths would compensate for an uptick in COVID-19 related deaths. We also didn’t have any elective procedures - so surgical deaths would be down too.

Will post the data again next month - by then the March 2020 numbers should be more accurate.

This article appears to support what I was seeing in the CDC data:

www.thinkadvisor.com...

“The death count totals for the weeks ending April 4 and April 11 are still incomplete. The CDC death count tables for earlier weeks show that, from the week ending Feb. 1 through the week ending March 28, the average number of deaths was about 6% below the three-year average.”

a reply to: jjkenobi

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Confirmed cases
Deaths
That's about 28 deaths for every 1000 cases.
It is much more dangerous to drive to the grocery store.
edit on 12-5-2020 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's just hard for people to accept there is nothing that can be done. They hoard TP, hide in their homes and really believe these things are viable solutions and are really going to work.

It's not working. There was never a shortage of TP and the lockdown was never going to slow down the virus. People are going to die and eventually it will run it's course. Maybe a vaccine is created but odds are there won't be one anytime soon if at all. Can't even cure the common wart which is also a virus but somehow we are going to figure this out. Highly unlikely.

The media, local dufus politicians and TV commercials keep throwing fire on this thing like it can really be beaten. It can't. Time to start dealing with reality. Can't stay in the bomb shelter forever. Even the "bomb shelter in place" is not working. Might as well get out of it right now.

But...But....I feel secure with my four twelve packs of toilet paper we now have in stock. Don't be busting my bubble.

We also bought four packages of spare ribs and put them into the freezer, so the wife and I can have a BBQ when ever we want to. What is the use of living if you cannot enjoy life, I would rather have a bbq than go get takeout from a restaurant.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
Confirmed cases
Deaths
That's about 28 deaths for every 1000 cases.
It is much more dangerous to drive to the grocery store.

Good Lord, where's your grocery store?! Remind me to stay off those roads! Wow!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If it looks like Michigan's, we should be excited and hopeful for the future as cancer, heart disease and stroke all were down double digit percentages!!

top topics

join