It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump can't face this question and walks out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: RAY1990

Every world leader did. None of them look like champions because nobody knew what to do. He also never said to quarantine which now we know was dumb and didn't work. That one act of stupidity is going to end up killing more than the virus.

Some nations have done extremely well, seems those nations locked down fast. Seems Vietnam and New Zealand did just fine.

Anyways this virus is just one of many natural disasters that could destroy economic activity. We as nations and we as a species were wholly unprepared.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, he seemed irritated. Sort of like someone asking you "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" would probably irritate you. Worse, these "gotcha" questions are being thrown around at a time when he's got some pretty big things on his shoulders... like trying to keep people from dying, be it by WuFlu, poverty, or lack of medical care for anything besides WuFlu.

I'd be irritated too. Actually, I'd have been in a fist fight with some of these reporters long before now had it been me. They should be grateful Trump has a more even temper than I do.

That's why you are not a leader. Leaders stand up to scrutiny. Also if Trump had a history of spouse abuse he should aim to get it managed in a legal fashion like leaders do and also learn to handle a bit heckling and verbal abuse.

Or beat them up? Lmao the man couldn't beat an egg. He should be grateful for his team that do their best to keep him away from scrutiny.

He didn't say that. He specified Asian restaurants because this reporter had already asked a question that implied Trump was targeting her because she was Asian. You are trying to twist words around to suit your own intellectually dishonest narrative.

This ain't Facebook or Twitter.

I know it's ATS, I know it's a US right wing strong hold full of propaganda. I also believe you're calling the kettle black on behalf of the pot. It is what it is.

Yes, he is. He is reimbursing people for what the government took from them. It sounds to me like you are suggesting that everyone be locked in their homes without any assistance and allowed to starve to stop WuFlu deaths.

US Eminent Domain law says that people whose property is confiscated by the government for public use are to be compensated for such seizure. In this case, the government has seized people's source of income. Should they not be compensated? At all? As it is, the compensation is literally pennies on the dollar.

Is there anything new in the information you're giving me? All the debt Trump accumulated before 2020, was that pennies on the dollar for the average American? Yes, I know that's not stimulating a broken economy incapable of providing for it's people due to a disaster. So what was it? Good economics?

I guess the dems, the states and everyone but the executive branch are responsible for this financial collapse right?

Oh and this isn't reimbursement. This is debt. You know it and I know it.

That is a disingenuous argument and you know it. People die every day. People have died since the beginning of time. Neither you nor I nor Trump nor anyone else can stop that. Yes, it's sad; yes, I would gladly stop everyone from dying if I could; yes, I want people to live. That doesn't change one damn thing.

So you're just going to be woefully ignorant of a disease that is still fairly unknown to us? People still die of rabies in the western world but it doesn't mean it was any less preventable. It's a disease spread by human contact, it's as preventable as any other disease that's wrecked our sensibilities in regards of human activity.

So that goes to your "quarantine" comments, yes their was no technical quarantine and that was a huge problem. I guess we'll all just blame China and WHO. But it's ok Trump stopped most of it with his well timed stopping of Chinese flights to the US.

What we have, instead, is some sort of piece-meal usurpation of liberties and property and livelihoods. In other words, Nazism. This is exactly how Adolph Hitler seized power in Germany: Germany passed the Enabling Act which allowed Hitler to seize unlimited power on a "temporary" basis to confront a "national emergency." Trump has not seized any powers, but the various Governors here have seized power over all businesses and commerce and all religious services. And you apparently think we need more of that? From the Federal government as well as the states? What kind of warmonger are you?

It should have always came down from the top. The same principle as the division of labour. Instead you got states doing effectively what they want.

Anyways fascism and seizing of power is impossible in the US, I've read it all the time, especially on ATS the days before political satire.

I'm no warmonger. I don't own a gun either.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I feel for your son's dispair.

Comfort him, educate him. Ban those crappy channels the US have that they call news.

This isn't going to kill everyone, it might have massive side effects, people with unresolved or undiagnosed issues might have serious side effects and in very rare cases it seemingly ruins the health of people in "safe demographics".

Genuine sympathies, I've been helping a few people out who are suffering mentally from this. It's my opinion that our situations are enhancing/manifesting underlying mental health conditions and issues. So keep an eye on that would be my advice, again I'm being genuine here.

The world doesn't matter when we start to lose the one's we love.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yeah, tell your kids that it's a hoax so that they fall asleep dreaming about fighting the powers that be instead.
Let them fall asleep listening to Infowars.
This be their lullaby
Alex Jones metal
It's a nasty thread. [leaving]

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's why you are not a leader.

Leaders also do not roll over and beg for mercy when confronted by ignorance.

BTW, there is no way in Hades that I would even consider running for public office. I have better sense than to subject myself to that kind of torture. I can lead those who wish to follow right here.

I know it's ATS, I know it's a US right wing strong hold full of propaganda. I also believe you're calling the kettle black on behalf of the pot. It is what it is.

I believe you have no idea what the difference is, or that you understand what that metaphor means.

Is there anything new in the information you're giving me? All the debt Trump accumulated before 2020...
...was accumulated by the US Congress, not by Donald Trump. Obama didn't accumulate debt either... the US Congress did. No President can borrow money on behalf of the US. Only Congress has that authority.

I guess the dems, the states and everyone but the executive branch are responsible for this financial collapse right?

Who gave the executive orders to shut down the economy? The governors. By themselves, with no legislative involvement and no Federal involvement. It had nothing to do with Trump, Congress, Democrats, or Republicans. I keep forgetting that some are simply unable to make the connect between cause and effect.

Oh and this isn't reimbursement. This is debt.

One cannot go into debt now over reimbursing someone? Hmmm, must be some new standard. Too bad it's new; I have known quite a few people in my life who went into debt because they were paying someone what they owed.

So you're just going to be woefully ignorant of a disease that is still fairly unknown to us?

Hahaha, that would be you, good sir. I am watching this disease and listening to researchers. Were I any good at medical research, I might be one of the researchers; alas, I'm better with silicon and copper than flesh.

It's a disease spread by human contact, it's as preventable as any other disease that's wrecked our sensibilities in regards of human activity.

And you know this, how? What is your source of data? Where is your research? I don't need a link, just a name and general statement will do. for someone who just stated this disease is still fairly unknown, you seem to know a lot about it now.

The truth is, you are probably correct... but you do not know. About all we know is it seems to affect elderly and infirm much worse than the younger/healthier, and the first known cases were in Wuhan China. Uncertainty increases from there. Yet you seem to have a major problem with someone stating one of the two facts we are most certain of. I wonder why...

yes their was no technical quarantine and that was a huge problem.

What prevented you from going into a complete quarantine? You can lock yourself away from all other contact with humanity any time you want. I doubt it would be a pleasant experience, but you could then claim you were really quarantined.

But it's ok Trump stopped most of it with his well timed stopping of Chinese flights to the US.

Some of it, yes, I believe he likely did. It was the same thing that China did... China stopped all domestic flights from Wuhan.

I know that was sarcasm, so I then ask you: was China in the wrong for stopping their domestic flights?

It should have always came down from the top. The same principle as the division of labour. Instead you got states doing effectively what they want.

Anyways fascism and seizing of power is impossible in the US, I've read it all the time, especially on ATS the days before political satire.

You seem to have no idea how the US government works. The Federal government does not just tell the states what to do. Each has certain areas they operate in. Each has certain responsibilities.

And I don't remember fascism and power seizing being said to be impossible in the US. We do have restrictions in place to help prevent such, but they are by no means infallible. If they were, no one would be worried about people seizing power and there would be little need for court review of laws.

It sounds to me that, just like other posters before you have done and just like other posters after you will do, you despise the USA. You'd love to watch it crash and burn. Well, haus, it ain't gonna happen without a fight. Sorry to disappoint you. If we do fall, btw, you fall too. You'd do well to remember that lest you find yourself on the street suffering from leprosy and begging for scraps in a tin cup with holes in the bottom.

I'm no warmonger. I don't own a gun either.

We have a saying over here: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Leaders also do not roll over and beg for mercy when confronted by ignorance.

So there's only extremes?

It's either punch em in the face (be aggressive) or bend over and touch your toes? I'm sorry but that's as ignorant as thinking the whole press hates Trump and all Americans love him.

I believe you have no idea what the difference is, or that you understand what that metaphor means.

I think you're being biased in regards to propaganda. I also know what the metaphor means though I don't feel like trolling through musicismagic's posts to prove a point. I could say you're being biased in that regard too...

...was accumulated by the US Congress, not by Donald Trump. Obama didn't accumulate debt either... the US Congress did. No President can borrow money on behalf of the US. Only Congress has that authority.

I couldn't care less personally. I know ATS membership seemingly does though. It did with Obama in the past too. I'll take a guess that it's not the Englishman you need to be educating on the workings of US politics.

Who gave the executive orders to shut down the economy? The governors. By themselves, with no legislative involvement and no Federal involvement. It had nothing to do with Trump, Congress, Democrats, or Republicans. I keep forgetting that some are simply unable to make the connect between cause and effect.

You should probably make a thread or five to educate our fellow ATS membership on this then. Educate them on how to create a consensus and work towards reigning in those terrible fascist governors.

One cannot go into debt now over reimbursing someone? Hmmm, must be some new standard. Too bad it's new; I have known quite a few people in my life who went into debt because they were paying someone what they owed.

Was the money printed?

I think... I think I've been overcomplicating taxes and national budgets too long. I didn't know it was all a pay in/ pay back scheme. Or is this just an American thing?

I never heard anything about tax reimbursements, I don't think you can reimburse non tax payers... Unless you're being semantic?

Hahaha, that would be you, good sir. I am watching this disease and listening to researchers. Were I any good at medical research, I might be one of the researchers; alas, I'm better with silicon and copper than flesh.

So you know it's highly infectious?

You know that people are generally unhygienic?

Seems hilarious to me that you'd personally punch a reporter... I'd hate to see what you'd do to someone who ignorantly put a loved one on a death bed.

I actually don't find much humour in people being incapable of controlling themselves. Humans are fallible though.

What prevented you from going into a complete quarantine? You can lock yourself away from all other contact with humanity any time you want. I doubt it would be a pleasant experience, but you could then claim you were really quarantined.

What's personal quarantine have to do with stopping an infectious virus from overwhelming medical services and needlessly getting people killed?

I'm not into the game of trusting strangers with the lives of those I love and essentially that's what it is for me and millions of others.

I guess things would be ok if I guarded my grandad's house with a gun? That'll teach them viruses!

Some of it, yes, I believe he likely did. It was the same thing that China did... China stopped all domestic flights from Wuhan.

I know that was sarcasm, so I then ask you: was China in the wrong for stopping their domestic flights?

Obviously they were right, just like it was right for neighbouring countries to close land borders with them. It's a virus spread by humans. stop the spread of people stop the spread of virus. Simple really.

It sounds to me that, just like other posters before you have done and just like other posters after you will do, you despise the USA. You'd love to watch it crash and burn. Well, haus, it ain't gonna happen without a fight. Sorry to disappoint you. If we do fall, btw, you fall too. You'd do well to remember that lest you find yourself on the street suffering from leprosy and begging for scraps in a tin cup with holes in the bottom.

If the free world falls the planet falls.

Think about that before you go all redneck on me or start yelling get off my lawn, because I have.

I haven't got a thing against US citizens, I consider many of them amongst personal loved ones. I do however hold an issue with extremism and you good sir are being extreme.

If your government is genuinely coming for your freedoms and fascism truly is rearing it's ugly head then I'm afraid its adiós amigo. I don't think that's happening though.

However if it is you'll see me on the front line with you but not a day before, you'll see your brothers and sisters across the world fight with you too because despite all the bs we might see and read there's still more than enough people who have a clue what human history is all about. They won't kill us all.

We've always been fighting the same characters to manifest the same dreams. There's nothing new under the sun.

We have a saying over here: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

We have one too: You're talking #e

Who have I threatened? What aggressions have I supported?
edit on 18-5-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

yeh the USA is amazing at death tolls , home and away !

USA , USA , USA

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

So there's only extremes?

Yeah, seems that way. I'd call 3 years plus of unfounded accusations pretty extreme. Donald Trump implements a travel ban; he's racist. Donald Trump doesn't implement a travel ban; he's delaying. Donald Trump assembles a task force to deal with a virus; he's showboating. Donald Trump sends New York a freakin' Navy hospital ship; he's wasting money. Donald Trump wants to re-open the country; he's selfish. Donald Trump appoints the leading infectious disease expert to the task force; he's covering his butt. Donald Trump doesn't do exactly what this expert in one thing suggests; he's denying science. Donald Trump doesn't know everything about a novel coronavirus; he's incompetent. Donald Trump states a known fact about a coronavirus; he's picking on a reporter.

Yeah, there's only extremes now. And I really wish your heroes would freakin'

I think you're being biased in regards to propaganda.

I know I'm biased. I'm biased against unfair treatment of others, including lying about what was said and what was responded to. I'm also biased toward appreciating and defending my country, my culture, and my people. I freely admit that.

Now, what are your biases? I already know one is that Trump is bad no matter what. Any more?

I couldn't care less personally. I know ATS membership seemingly does though. It did with Obama in the past too. I'll take a guess that it's not the Englishman you need to be educating on the workings of US politics.

Oh, you care; don't even try to give me that hogwash. If you didn't care, why did you bring it up?

Oh, and just for future reference: what people think does not move ink particles on paper. The Constitution says what it says whether someone wants to say different or not.

You should probably make a thread or five to educate our fellow ATS membership on this then. Educate them on how to create a consensus and work towards reigning in those terrible fascist governors.

Why? So you can spout some more lies? I think anyone with enough neural activity to sneeze knows who has implemented executive orders... some just refuse to acknowledge it.

Was the money printed?

No, it wasn't. It was created in a computer. What, you think they're sending out Federal Reserve notes?

I never heard anything about tax reimbursements,

I'm not surprised. CNN probably doesn't talk about that.

I didn't say people were reimbursed for paying taxes. I said people were reimbursed for the government-created economic woes. A very poor reimbursement to be sure, pennies on the dollar, but still a reimbursement for lost time, higher prices, lost wages, lost income, etc.

If you can't get that concept, maybe you need to quit undercomplicating things... overcomplication does not seem to be your issue.

So you know it's highly infectious?

Yep. So is a cold.

You know that people are generally unhygienic?

Depends on the people, I suppose.

Seems hilarious to me that you'd personally punch a reporter.

Why? My ancestors kicked your ancestors out of here at the end of a musket. For something quite similar, I do believe.

What's personal quarantine have to do with stopping an infectious virus from overwhelming medical services and needlessly getting people killed?

If personal quarantine doesn't work, then quarantine doesn't work. All quarantine is personal.

I'm not into the game of trusting strangers with the lives of those I love and essentially that's what it is for me and millions of others.

So you know all 50 governors personally? Another lie... that is exactly what you are doing.

I guess things would be ok if I guarded my grandad's house with a gun? That'll teach them viruses!

How about just keeping people from visiting him? You need a gun to do that? People just barge their way into his house for no good reason? Quite the country you have there.

I think I like our way better. We get to say who enters our home and who doesn't.

Obviously they were right, just like it was right for neighbouring countries to close land borders with them. It's a virus spread by humans. stop the spread of people stop the spread of virus. Simple really.

Oh, yeah, I forgot... China's emperor is named Xi. Had he been named Trump it would have all been different.

If the free world falls the planet falls.

So you want it to fall? This is how the free world falls: people lay down and accept tyranny.

I haven't got a thing against US citizens, I consider many of them amongst personal loved ones. I do however hold an issue with extremism and you good sir are being extreme.

You have a very unique way of showing it.

If your government is genuinely coming for your freedoms and fascism truly is rearing it's ugly head then I'm afraid its adiós amigo. I don't think that's happening though.

I doubt CNN will inform you about such things.

However if it is you'll see me on the front line with you but not a day before

Please, don't bother yourself. Freedoms are being usurped right before your very eyes and you sit there being partisan. I really don't need any help from anyone who can't see... I don't have the inclination to keep you safe.

Who have I threatened? What aggressions have I supported?

Forget what you posted earlier?

Fine... not gonna keep reminding you just so you can forget again. Enjoy your ignorance.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why? My ancestors kicked your ancestors out of here at the end of a musket. For something quite similar, I do believe.

Still coming out with this sort of #e at every opportunity I see.

It really is getting very, very embarrassing.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You're projecting whilst making so called enemies out of people.

More extremism and a whole lot of crap. What is really sad is that this is the state of ATS, this is the nature of the political discord for right wing nut jobs and the rest of the world.

Have fun with that and your weird ass projection on others.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm guessing all of this is fake news too.

Sent to me by a gun loving republican, yeah that's fake news too. It's all fake news!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Hey, call it a personality flaw. When someone comes at me with a chip on their shoulder the size of Wisconsin, I have this terrible urge to knock it off.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

So, how does someone pointing out something about your instinct to punch a reporter - very similar to my instincts but that's not really the point here - have anything whatsoever to do with your War of Independence?
Exactly where is the relevance?

I'll see your 'chip on the shoulder' and raise you 'paranoid obsession'.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What he really meant was , our ancestors kicked our ancestors out of the Americas since none of them were american at the time anyway and they are all mostly descended from europeans

edit on 20-5-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join