It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump can't face this question and walks out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: JIMC5499

It's pointless. The subject matter experts and leaders

The subject matter "experts" and "leaders" are bureaucrats that want more people and funding to enlarge their fiefdoms. The opinion of these agencies has already been determined. Anybody who goes against that opinion no matter how right they are, is shoved under the bus.

We should have learned that from NASA's involvement with global warming.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ok - I'm one of the few left leaning people on ATS and I actually left for awhile because it seemed to only be a pro-Trump board but this was a silly question.

Beyond silly,

Of course countries will look at other countries to bench mark their progress. If American was last in testing, I'm sure the reporter would have brought that up.

Trump's answer almost seemed like he knew something, I wonder what that unusual answer would have been.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
trump is a talentless, fragile narcissist with ZERO people skills. the lengths to which his cultists will bend to accomodate and excuse his towering ineptitude is truly breathtaking. at least admit he's being an ass when it's patently obvious to all but the true trump cultist that he is being one. sad to see such brainwashed slavish devotion to a cretin.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Maybe the media should try asking honest, serious questions instead of shilling for the Democrat party, which is all they're doing and everyone knows it.

They want to be taken so seriously. They're the "defenders of democracy" etc. etc. They have such an important function. If they really believed that, they wouldn't be constantly destroying their credibility and ability to do their job by displaying blatant partisanship on a daily basis.

They can't "speak truth to power" if no one believes them. Everyone knows they're Democrat shills, so they simply can't serve the function they're designed to serve.

We have no free press anymore. The press destroyed it.

The hilarious part is they are actually helping Trump get re-elected, and people like the OP are aiding them in this.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It's fairly obvious that Trump was irritated by the question

Yes, he seemed irritated. Sort of like someone asking you "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" would probably irritate you. Worse, these "gotcha" questions are being thrown around at a time when he's got some pretty big things on his shoulders... like trying to keep people from dying, be it by WuFlu, poverty, or lack of medical care for anything besides WuFlu.

I'd be irritated too. Actually, I'd have been in a fist fight with some of these reporters long before now had it been me. They should be grateful Trump has a more even temper than I do.

What's Asian restaurants got to do with it anyways? Seems somewhat racist to imply that Asians only run restaurants/takeaways.

He didn't say that. He specified Asian restaurants because this reporter had already asked a question that implied Trump was targeting her because she was Asian. You are trying to twist words around to suit your own intellectually dishonest narrative.

This ain't Facebook or Twitter.

The US was never escaping it's debt, Trump is equally responsible for your latest rounds of borrowing.

Yes, he is. He is reimbursing people for what the government took from them. It sounds to me like you are suggesting that everyone be locked in their homes without any assistance and allowed to starve to stop WuFlu deaths.

US Eminent Domain law says that people whose property is confiscated by the government for public use are to be compensated for such seizure. In this case, the government has seized people's source of income. Should they not be compensated? At all? As it is, the compensation is literally pennies on the dollar.

For the humane it's already 2% too much.

That is a disingenuous argument and you know it. People die every day. People have died since the beginning of time. Neither you nor I nor Trump nor anyone else can stop that. Yes, it's sad; yes, I would gladly stop everyone from dying if I could; yes, I want people to live. That doesn't change one damn thing.

I'm sorry but Trump dropped the ball on quarantine.

There is no quarantine.

Quarantine is a situation when a person is completely isolated from all contact with anyone who has not been contaminated. Quarantine is a sealed area where there is zero contact between the infected and the uninfected. Is that what you want? You expect everyone to be placed in quarantine? Fine... that means nothing changes. If we're all in quarantine, we are all then separated from... no one! Because we have assumed no one is uninfected.

What we have, instead, is some sort of piece-meal usurpation of liberties and property and livelihoods. In other words, Nazism. This is exactly how Adolph Hitler seized power in Germany: Germany passed the Enabling Act which allowed Hitler to seize unlimited power on a "temporary" basis to confront a "national emergency." Trump has not seized any powers, but the various Governors here have seized power over all businesses and commerce and all religious services. And you apparently think we need more of that? From the Federal government as well as the states? What kind of warmonger are you?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Fine. Stay inside your home.

Let those of us who can and will go out and take the risks. If we're headed for herd immunity, then it needs to happen.

I'm not going to any care home. I have no contact with any care home, and I'm not seeing my parents until this has passed us. But in the meantime I have life and the sanity of my son to think of. He's convinced that everyone he knows is going to die while we're stuck in the house and cries himself to sleep some nights over it all. So we take him back to his regular life as soon as we can ... in fact, we've already started.

You're worried strangers will die. I worry about my son's sanity the longer this goes on and he's aware of the people he's not seeing and why he's not allowed to see them.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Trump is an idiot scumbag.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This post is way over the heads of the people you're trying to educate.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Trump is an idiot scumbag.

Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It matters because the news is saying Americans can't get tested and he is a total failure. Total nonsense. Most can get tested but why would anyone not sick get tested. Leave the house to expose yourself to someone testing people. That is fairly stupid. Getting tested is a waste of time. If one is sick go to the doctor. If one is not sick and is positive and never shows signs then what. Make them wear hotpink leggins. It's dumb.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Aw...boochit....get offa Trump ....and come get ya some of big ole me.....sucker

He stepped away from the rowdy unthinking crowd....as would the normals.....

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

I've just watched 20+ people get infected recently because they flaunted lockdowns (we're heavily infected here in terms of population) I have no sympathy for them. I live within walking distance of 3 care homes with a population of around 300 between them. One of these retards work for one of these homes.

Please by all means point to on the graphs country to country showing where the lockdowns changed the slope of infection and mortality rates.

Thats easy: Here

Just compare for example Sweden's graph to Germany, "New confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Sweden and Germany", per million people and what do you see?

The question was:
Please by all means point to on the graphs country to country showing where the lockdowns changed the slope of infection and mortality rates.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Maybe the media should try asking honest, serious questions instead of shilling for the Democrat party, which is all they're doing and everyone knows it.

That's asking too much from someone that identifies as an asian american(Chinese).

Instead of just another 'murican.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A few weeks ago the media was criticizing the administration because we hadn't tested enough people.

Now that we've tested more per capita than anyone else, they're complaining that we're "competing."

The people here shilling for the media and acting like they're in any way seriously trying to cover the news are just pathetic.

EVERYONE knows they are just batting for the Democrats, and people are sick of it. They are hurting their chances of defeating Trump in November.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Donald Trump abruptly halted a press conference on Monday after being challenged by an Asian American reporter whom he told: “Don’t ask me. Ask China.”

But during a question and answer session,Weijia Jiang,White House correspondent of CBS News, asked why the president constantly emphasises that the US is doing better than any other country when it comes to testing.

Expect anything less?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Most can get tested but why would anyone not sick get tested.

So that they can visit their mothers, knowing that they won't infect her.

For the same reason that Trump requires people who enter his circle to have been testing before doing so. So that if they go to work, their customers can feel confident they won't be infecting them.

And no, most can't get tested.

edit on 12-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yes, he seemed irritated. Sort of like someone asking you "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" would probably irritate you.

Yep, because asking why Trump keeps making this pandemic some kind of global competition is just like being accused of beating your wife!

/sarc

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It is a competition when their (China) is hacking their victims for the cure.

edit on 12-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yes, he seemed irritated. Sort of like someone asking you "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" would probably irritate you.

Yep, because asking why Trump keeps making this pandemic some kind of global competition is just like being accused of beating your wife!

/sarc

Can you link me to your posts criticizing the media for making it a global competition when they were asking the President why we weren't #1 in testing?

I'll wait.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

We should be #1 in testing. We sure are #1 is CV deaths! What are we not?

There are more new CV cases in the White House than there are in the entire country of New Zealand.

edit on 12-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join