It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump can't face this question and walks out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
link

He was asked , " why are you so bothered about competition when there's so many lives at stake " ??

As in , why are you so desperate to reopen when there will be a second spike in Corona cases ?

He calls the question nasty and walks out .

He doesn't want to answer that so here's an answer:

It's because the way things are set , an exploitative capitalist environment effectively , does not cater for pandemics or any serious compromise to society at large.

Now we re left needing the economy working to offset the problems that come with pandemics , like food security . Meltdown will occur if it's not reopened. He has to trade off deaths from the virus with both profit loss and the spectre of starvation.

Compounding that is the economy as is , is not fit to deal with it.

Companies have been exploiting the fact that there wasn't a pandemic . Taking advantage of a public that had no clue before this. Busy making everyone reliant on systems controlled by fewer and fewer heads .

It's made everyone soft . It's made society weak..

Soft , easily squashed , pathetic and vulnerable . Unable to cope without Walmart's and the banks they keep their money in.

Planners haven't taken the potential of serious compromises into account .
Companies have banked on continued profit , in ignorance of realities they'd prefer not to face up to.

Now we re relying on corporations to get us out of it and inadequately prepared healthcare to mitigate it.

It's been a gravy train for greedy men before now. And we re left relying on the old system to deal with new problems .

That's why he's so bothered about opening again , despite the inevitable deaths . There is no plan b . Nothing set aside for emergencies.
The American public would soon starve to death if they don't go back to work .

Now reality is here , kicking us in the face .

That's why , and that's why he doesn't want to admit it : soft as # , that's what we are , in general. Made that way to exploit us. Educated in nothing more useful than sitting at desks letting managers control our lives .
Pointing reality out with a direct question is now
" nasty ". That's trumps way of getting out of it , of explaining the reality . If he told how much of a problem this dilemma is , you d all want to change economic reality to something more suitable pdq .

It's perhaps THE major flaw in the current system . It's crap in a crisis . And it's plain obvious.
That's why

edit on 12-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhh. Cut the guy a little slack here OK? His staff is coming down with it and now they say Ivanka has it too. Has to give a conference every day and his experts are self quarentining. And don''t forget those uppity women asking him questions like that. Simple questions like ''please explain why something you said that isn't true, is true.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah ok , it's Obama's fault , his legacy . Wasn't it Bush that said ( of a proper pandemic ) , it's a matter of when , not if .

+33 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

It was a stupid question to begin with... "Why does it matter, People are dying !!!" ...and when that didn't work the reporter tried to spin it all about race...

+16 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Not Trumps fault people are too dumb to understand what "flatten the curve" means.

You do realise that the inside of your lungs is in constant contact with the environment just like the surface of the skin on the rest of the body. Which is why they'll never be a vaccine for any covid/sars.

+39 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Wrong.
Again.

He answered the question.

“Why does that matter?” she queried. “Why is this a global competition to you if every day Americans are still losing their lives and we are still seeing more cases every day?”

Trump retorted: “Well, they are losing their lives everywhere in the world. Maybe that is a question you should ask China. Don’t ask me. Ask China that question. When you ask China that question you may get a very unusual answer.”

The reporter, who just happens to be Asian then asked

“Sir, why are you saying that to me, specifically?”

He then replied

“I am not saying it specifically to anybody. I am saying it to anybody who would ask a nasty question like that.”

He walked out,, because he knew the Trump Haters were going to do exactly what they always do. Turn everything they hear into a claim of …. well read for yourself.

Tara Setmayer, a political commentator, tweeted: “Another disgraceful, racist, temper tantrum by Trump b/c he was asked a pointed question by @weijia… Trump can’t handle smart, assertive women.”

Oh...that's right. You already read it and applied your brand of spin.

+5 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You

Now we re relying on corporations to get us out of it and inadequately prepared healthcare to mitigate it.

Really?

So? We don’t have better technology and better life saving technology vs the years the Spanish Flu devastated the population?

And how do you really prepare for an act of god? Like an earthquake, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, an erupting volcano?

With those events, they are usually local. And areas not effected can lend support. Kind of different for a world wide pandemic who’s overall mortality rate is over hyped. And individuals are restricted by mandatory lockdowns.

I see it differently. I see a world in disbelief that an act of god can effect everyday life. I see a world so obsessed with individual preservation over an event 98 percent of the population was going to survive in the worst of cases paralyzed with fear. I see it as a power play by control freak politicians. I see the effort by liberals using the lockdowns to purposely destroy income, the economy, and wanting to push universal income from a treasury heavily in dept. I see lockdowns resulting in no change in the curve of infection rates or death rates on charts.

Want to talk about not being prepared, and no discipline. Let’s talk about decades of reckless spending. Let’s talk about the politicians voted in office on empty promises fueled by huge deficits and borrowing from countries like China. Let’s talk about the average consumer valuing price over labor so whole industries were moved to China.

Let’s talk about the burden of debt being passed on to our nations children as we kick the can down the road.
edit on 12-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 12-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It was a question that could have been asked differently and Trump would have given a polite answer. But since she is American Asian, she feels she's got to speak for all Asian. Does she realize that Asian restaurants are all but closed around the Nation. Did this white man close them down because he's white and doesn't like Asian food.

+7 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Life has to go on despite the paranoid sheep.
Hide in fear if you want, but please stop spreading your bs fear campaign stating your ignorant opinions as fact.
Your "second wave deaths" msm talking points are ridiculous.
The first wave hasn't even been confirmed as legit.

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
David64 is exactly right. This thread OP is as spinny as the question asked to Trump, which I saw live, and is being misrepresented just like they do in the MSM.

It's too bad the pressers are scheduled, it gives these idiots 24 hours to come up with new loaded questions, if the pressers were called at random I bet they wouldn't have nearly as many 'zingers' ready to fire off.
edit on 12-5-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
David64 is exactly right. This thread OP is as spinny as the question asked to Trump, which I saw live, and is being misrepresented just like they do in the MSM.

It's too bad the pressers are scheduled, it gives these idiots 24 hours to come up with new loaded questions, if the pressers were called at random I bet they wouldn't have nearly as many 'zingers' ready to fire off.
By that same notion, the People clearly see what is going on, remember, the loudest ones online are the progressive leftist liberals running the few vestiges of our media, no water off our back.

Trumps never been ratioed in a social media context, he can't, despite the liberal medias War against our President and subsequent lying to our Nation via emotional spin.

I literally laugh at media now, its ridiculous and only serves as comical material.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ahhhhhhh. Cut the guy a little slack here OK? His staff is coming down with it and now they say Ivanka has it too. Has to give a conference every day and his experts are self quarentining. And don''t forget those uppity women asking him questions like that. Simple questions like ''please explain why something you said that isn't true, is true.

I can't be true if a fake pandemic.

#[email protected]...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Not seeing what the outrage is about. The question is stupid. It's like asking why NASCAR and INDY drivers race since it's so dangerous. People could die. Maybe because they like driving and want to assume the risk and mitigate them best they can.

If people want to open their business, people want to go out odds are they will not die. Extremely high odds nothing is going to happen. Some will crash and burn. Especially if their body (race car) is a piece of junk and they don't wear a helmet or seatbelt...meh.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh what silliness. It's fairly obvious that Trump was irritated by the question and he is the kind of muppet to make things into a competition until he's "losing" and he'll deflect.

He's a weak leader who cannot handle scrutiny or so called "nasty" questions.

What's Asian restaurants got to do with it anyways? Seems somewhat racist to imply that Asians only run restaurants/takeaways.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I do not support these predatory Traitor Reporters or Press or whatever they are called...if they are credentialed than those credentials need to be legally challenged by the White House without Trumps asking for it...these are not unbiased Professionals asking these questions ...these are Word Warriors attacking POTUS....what right do they have to be there when none of the hundreds of millions of equally vetted online Anons can be there asking questions.

On 2nd thought don't challenge the MSM in public....just hamstring them as has been done and let time do the work.

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh what silliness. It's fairly obvious that Trump was irritated by the question and he is the kind of muppet to make things into a competition until he's "losing" and he'll deflect.

He's a weak leader who cannot handle scrutiny or so called "nasty" questions.

What's Asian restaurants got to do with it anyways? Seems somewhat racist to imply that Asians only run restaurants/takeaways.

He handled it exactly how he should. The country is ready to get back to work and assume the risks. People are dying and not much can be done about it. Most people will not get sick or die. Not everyone can be saved. Nobody wants people to die but they will. Doctors practice medicine. They practiced advising quarantining people and it failed.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Let’s talk about the burden of debt being passed on to our nations children as we kick the can down the road.

The US was never escaping it's debt, Trump is equally responsible for your latest rounds of borrowing.

And yeah I've been vocal about slave labour around the world, I agreed with the US confronting China albeit in a very weak manner. Use this crisis as an opportunity.

I've just watched 20+ people get infected recently because they flaunted lockdowns (we're heavily infected here in terms of population) I have no sympathy for them. I live within walking distance of 3 care homes with a population of around 300 between them. One of these retards work for one of these homes.

You should ask me in a couple of weeks how useful lockdowns are. Most people are not too big on allowing people to die. It seems your opinion is it's 2% of the population and so what?

Well? For the humane it's already 2% too much. Also I'm sorry to say again on ATS that the world economy, your economy is broken. Can't blame that on viruses or lefties.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm sorry but Trump dropped the ball on quarantine. He also talked a lot of nonsense when people genuinely need a leader.

He cannot handle scrutiny, he walked off the stage. I can't respect that from a leader. There's no leadership qualities on display.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You

The US was never escaping it's debt, Trump is equally responsible for your latest rounds of borrowing.

Do you want Trump to shutdown the government and refuse to sign budgets sent to him by elected officials.

How should Trump handle the budgets sent to him?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It is intresting that most Obamas staff are geting it.
even Ivanka.
Now he can say (look even my people are getting it now!)

I think thats so he can use that to keep every thing lock't down!
dont you think its odd only now thay are all geting it?
A sympathy ploy.
if he needs more sympathy he will get it him self.

Why? why would he want this?

edit on 12-5-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join