It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Militias?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Before the Oklahoma bombing, US militias were fear fodder for liberal media. Post-Mcveigh they have fallen under the radar? Why?

1.) Were they strong-armed by the Government to dis-band?

2.) Subsidized by the Government to stay low?

3.) In hiding?

4.) All of the above?

(some quasi-militias may be patroling the borders. Any input to this?)

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I would say they're just keeping a VERY low profile right now, though not being an American this is just an educated guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think they are staying low since now they arent militia, they are terrorists of course. And we all know that you dont want to be a terrorist. Murderer, rapist or child abuser is fine, but terrorist is a big no no.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbreid
Before the Oklahoma bombing, US militias were fear fodder for liberal media. Post-Mcveigh they have fallen under the radar? Why?

I'd dare say that the more dangerous ones were taken out and that the rest figured it was better to be less vocal. Either that, or they really weren't that big of a deal in the first place.
To be certain tho, there are still issues stemming from that overall movement, which is particularly allied with the Christian Identity movement. So these paramilitaries are mixing with racists and skinheads in some quarters. I expect that many of them are 'apocalyptic' christians and aren't going to do anything for the foreseable future, in short of volunteering to fight at Meggido should a global war break out.

(some quasi-militias may be patroling the borders. Any input to this?)

There's only one doing this as far as I know and they aren't infact a militia. They're an advocacy group that calls themselves the 'minutemen' and exist only to harras people crossing the us/mexican border.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
There's only one doing this as far as I know and they aren't infact a militia. They're an advocacy group that calls themselves the 'minutemen' and exist only to harras people crossing the us/mexican border.

That's coincidental that they call themselves the 'minutemen'. The original Minutemen were a militia in Lexington, Mass. prior, and during the American Revolution. I wonder if there is any group(s) operating on the northern border? Especially in Maine, where Al-Qaeda is thought to have slipped in......

top topics

join