It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many deaths for a great depression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe I am very uncaring, but it seems to me a lockdown of this magnitude wouldn't have been worth the upcoming economic calamity even if it were 9 times higher than it is now. I dont think we should shutdown the country for anything less than 1% I mean come on. Let people that are worried isolate themselves, this is crazy how can anyone, left right or center think this is still a good idea. I personally thought it made since at first because I thought the rate was going to be 4% that made sense to take the hit....

+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

Let's be honest here, either Rights and prosperity matter always or they don't matter at all. There's no point in trying to peg this horsecrap to a specific percentage of Americans dying because that threshold is different for every one of us. Instead, we should have held fast to what the Founders intended and recognized the Constitution's intent was to prevent this crap from every happening. The Tyranny of the Majority is on full display and it has lead us to this point, the rise of fascism in the USA, accompanied by the full blessing of the majority of imbeciles within the nation.

Never should have been allowed to happen, EVER. In addition to utterly destroying the nation's economy, we've given rise to a very, very large swath of Americans who can never again cite the Constitution, Rights, or freedom in their arguments again without opening themselves up to well deserved ridicule and mockery for how little the Constitution, Rights, and freedom meant to them when they were afraid.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The pandemic/plandemic response is not, and never was, about saving human lives. It is about taking down western civilization, the biggest bulwark against the NWO. It is to reduce the population as the Georgia guidestones state. Even money and power are secondary. The vaccine, which is even now, waiting in the wings, will kill even more people. By the time the 'merican people fully wake up, Bill Gates will be long gone...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

People Die Every Day , Cest Le Vie , but How they Lived and How they Died after Passing On to the Other Side of this Existence is what Really Matters . Every Human Life is Precious to SOME of Us , but to others they are Sadly just Mathematical Statistics to Calculate .........

edit on 11-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

There hasn't been a coordinated lockdown in the US.

The guy at the top, who is supposed to coordinate the various state governments, isn't.

There are states that have it contained but are locking down anyway. There are states with it out of control, who aren't locking down, or who are opening up again too early, not based upon getting things sorted but 'because'.

And there is clearly the unequal distribution of resources required to combat this.

Also, the progression of the virus is over in most people, in about 17 days. This is (or rather, it should be) temporary.

For most of the people losing their jobs over this, it is because of greed. The employers got government payouts to help get them through this and they are still letting go of their staff at the first opportunity. Talk about disloyalty.

edit on 11/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
People will always glom onto a cause when its backed by a large group of people who can then all crow about how much they've done. Who cares about the people in the background dying, its inconsequential until they can all clique out and make it about them. This whole thing is a fu@%ing farcical joke.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Aside from not being able to go to the beach for a while and some stores that were closed nothing changed here. I went where I wanted to go, said what I wanted to say, talked to whoever I wanted to talk to. I didn't see any tyranny.

Maybe your states were different.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

For most of the people losing their jobs over this, it is because of greed. The employers got government payouts to help get them through this and they are still letting go of their staff at the first opportunity. Talk about disloyalty.

That is not true, in fact it is at best misinformation.
Or at worst, an outright lie.

Employers MUST account for all the money they were
loaned and if they do not use it for payroll expense it
it must be repaid with interest.

The biggest problem is lazy a** free loaders who
would rather take the UE dole and not go back
to work even if their state opens up.

And since you live outside the U.S. how the
bleep snip would you know snip.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

That is not true, in fact it is at best misinformation.
Or at worst, an outright lie.

Employers MUST account for all the money they were
loaned and if they do not use it for payroll expense it
it must be repaid with interest.

The biggest problem is lazy a** free loaders who
would rather take the UE dole and not go back
to work even if their state opens up.

And since you live outside the U.S. how the
bleep snip would you know snip.

Because it is the 21st Century and the US has been broadcasting itself to the world for decades.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Oh yeah you are reading fake news and think
your informed. Haha. LOL.

Enjoy your slavery.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Oh yeah you are reading fake news and think
your informed. Haha. LOL.

Enjoy your slavery.

Honestly, I have a freedom that exceeds those in the country that has the highest number of incarcerated citizens per capita and in total, than ANY other country in the world.

A country that NEVER had legal slavery and is about as old as the USA.

A country where we don't have to have special rules about media ethnic numbers, due to reaction against the rampant racism of earlier years.

We also don't have civics classes where children are mandatorily taught (indoctrinated?) about only one political system.

And our standard of living far exceeds that of the America we see in the news and in the media. There are international ratings on the Internet that consistently place us close to the top.

edit on 11/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

A dodge and a miss.
You provided no proof of your false claim
about US employers.

We all know of your delusional disdain for the U.S.

Your glad you don't live here, and so are we.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The shutdown is offset by the spur of consumer spending for the pandemic in my opinion. The bigger factor and blow to the economy is the oil crash brought on by a worldwide decrease in demand. A healthy business with good leaders can handle the setback. Small businesses maybe not so much, but if they cant survive 2 months without improvision the yeah they were not all that healthy either. Where I am at the smaller restaurants are surviving and some are thriving with the customers ordering delivery etc. Essential companies have been begging for workers. In my area I have received cold calls asking if I knew anyone that needed to work.

The oil, on the other hand, will have dire implications, many small farms and businesses rely on the few barrels a day they can sell. In addition, entire nations already seemingly ready to fight now have lost most hope in moving their major commodities and when people starve governments have to feed the masses or else. As long as oil continues to be at such lows look for instabilities throughout the middle east as well into Russia. By the end of summer if oil demand has not risen I suspect the powder keg to start getting really hot.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

A dodge and a miss.
about US employers.

In the first month of shutdown - 22 million applied for unemployment.

A full 16% of the workforce.

Are you suggesting that they all wanted to be unemployed and living on a pittance? Nope, it is mostly because their employers have "let them go".

edit on 12/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that they all wanted to be unemployed and living on a pittance? Nope, it is mostly because their employers have "let them go".

Oh, but your still not giving that "fact" reply on
how the "Employers" are just keeping the money.

Which I figured you wouldn't, because it is not
true or factual, so you can not back it up.

Keep the change.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

A dodge and a miss.
about US employers.

www.thedailybeast.com...

You applied for small business loans and unemployment, and you did receive some aid from the government,” co-host Sunny Hostin noted. “You received $18,000 from the government.”

“I didn’t want to put myself in deeper debt by spending it the wrong way, you know, and also having to close the salon,” Luther said. “So until I got further instruction on that, I didn’t want to spend it.” “And giving me $18,000 to spend when my stylists aren’t actual employees of mine, they’re actually subleasing,” she concluded. “So I wasn’t sure if I was even able to give them any of that money as employees because I don’t pay them.”

I don’t know if she was being honest, but I doubt it. That money was so small businesses could keep paying Employees, seems pretty darn clear she knew she had NONE.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Oh, but your still not giving that "fact" reply on
how the "Employers" are just keeping the money.

Which I figured you wouldn't, because it is not
true or factual, so you can not back it up.

Keep the change.

Eff ect of Employee Salary and Headcount Reductions When Calculating PPP Loan Forgiveness - Law Firm Alliance

Please take note of point 2.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

And just how does a small business that has zero income suppose to keep paying their employees regular checks, and all their other benefits?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
CNN is giddy over the news that John Hopkins is predicting 70,000 additional deaths from people being depressed over losing their jobs, and being locked in the house. Drinking...suicides..murders

top topics

join