It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There Is A God...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seriously, If there is this great almighty power referred to as God by most, then they must be one sadistic SOB. I mean who really is pulling the strings in this theory? Okay, God, if you really do exist, then strike me down as I speak, smite me all mighty smiter, as Bruce would say. Man, the hits just keep coming, where do you plan to strike next, hey how about another round of "Let's play 10 plagues". And what have they won Johnny? Corona Virus, come on down, to the Price is Right, no the Price is WRONG, take that Happy Gilmore.

If you want the world to be different God, couldn't you just snap your fingers, you did create us in 7 days, or so it is told? Just do a quick flip, fixer upper, tear it down and just rebuild, real estate is cheap right now, you can buy us all for a song. We will even throw in some dead animals just for the hell of it, Satan don't mind.

I don't get the need to torture us, unless you just like the screaming and crying and drama queens running rampant. The sky is falling and soon tears will flood the Earth for 40 days and 40 nights. I hope you have Noah standing by at the ready to institute Maritime Law. Sheesh, this simulation is getting way out of hand, reboot already.

Easy Peasy. Just go over to the hard drive and start over, don't forget to download that Virus Protection this time, those suckers can do a crap load of damage on the software.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

the god of this world ain't your friend...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Be careful what you wish for ... I've read the end of the book when He does come back 'round, and you won't be happy. Ain't no one gonna be happy.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why do you think God did this it is the deprive actions of the human race.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'd be careful before issuing a challenge to the one who gave you eyes to see, a mouth to taste and ears to hear.

The one who made the Earth the perfect home for us, until we corrupted it. Mankind is so desperately wicked it isn't even funny. You levy this accusation against God, and not the people who made this world what it is with their freedom to choose. They'll be judged, just like you will be. We all need to work out our own salvation with God. Stop blaming others.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is a frustrating conundrum when framed in the context of religion, no doubt. One solution is to stop separating oneself from God or Creator, and consider that God isnt an individual sitting in an ethereal location pulling strings, but rather the summation of everything. Certain concepts from religion seem to hold relevance regardless, such as the Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy spirit are not separate but all one and the same.

I think it must be up to each individual to intuit and discover what this means and where it leads. Seems to not have any effect whatsoever when it is just dictated.

Just offering you another perspective is all, not claiming you are wrong or I am right. We can skin this cat many different ways.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

We walked away from God right from the the start. He gave us the freedom to make that choice. If the world isn't perfect, it's because that's how we chose for it to be. We decided to choose what we wanted, and that isn't always what we need, and it isn't always what's right, too.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Why do you think God must fit your paradigm?

What if "life" is like a game... and you knew the rules and you accepted those conditions before you started playing the game... and you knew there would be no divine intervention if/when the going got rough... and now you're just full of sour grapes because it didn't work out like you thought it would.

Including the coronavirus. Including death.

What if you're just trying to cheat???

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
no worries, we are caught in the devils bargain....the ruler of this world is temporarily the evil one.....God is still sovergn but they are fighting over us

mankind will judge the angels and lucifer is pissed

devils bargain almost over......i read the book....basic instructions

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
How do you teach?

How does a person grow?

Everything can't be handed to us or we won't grow, spiritually.

Like standardize tests, the test givers won't reveal the answer until afterwards.

This plague. It's a test. Multiple Choice.

A) Choose fear.
You can live afraid of your fellow man which will leave you angry at the world.

B) Choose love.
Love everyone as if they were yourself. Help whenever you can.

Sacrifice and unconditional love are divine qualities that are accessible to mankind.

If you feel lost, you are not alone.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I think it must be up to each individual to intuit and discover what this means and where it leads.

Totally agree. We are all individual fractals of whatever this is.

Seems to not have any effect whatsoever when it is just dictated.

That depends on how much shame is delivered and with how heavy a hammer while one is blindfolded. Dictation doesn't work unless it's repeated often enough to obliterate free thought.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I'd be careful before issuing a challenge to the one who gave you eyes to see, a mouth to taste and ears to hear.

You mean Mother Nature?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm fairly sure that the true God feels our pain, experiences our fears, and at the same time is distant from us. We are the way God experiences creation.

I'm also fairly sure God is pained to watch us do all sorts of things to ourselves as we learn and grow, but God doesn't intervene because that would take our personal sovereignty away.

People put God into a box because that feels like God is something that is under control. It gives us a false sense of capability and identity against the vastness and capricious amorality of existence.

But God has plans and purposes for us. We are the seed that is yet to break ground, flower, and fruit. There is more...

edit on 11/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You do know this virus was probably created as a weapon sponsored by the US in a Chinese laboratory to control and kill people by humans, not God?

edit on 11-5-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In the 80s red dwarf had some news.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hmm after reviewing the Jesus H Christ Manga, I've come to conclude

God is a sadomasochist.

edit on 11-5-2020 by Lysergic because: and his friend Buddha.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Okay, I give...who is it?

originally posted by: Akragon

the god of this world ain't your friend...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Demiurge

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Be careful what you wish for ... I've read the end of the book when He does come back 'round, and you won't be happy. Ain't no one gonna be happy.

I can't take the suspense anymore, just give a spoiler alert to those who haven't read the book or seen the movie, but are you so sure there is or will not be happy entities somewhere?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join