It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY and NJ share of U.S. covid19 deaths is dropping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
On April 17 I started a thread about the increasing number of covid19 deaths in NY and NJ, which reached what I think was a peak of 56.6 percent of all U.S. deaths on April 16.

I’ve noticed a reverse trend over the last couple of weeks. The two states now account for 44.6 percent of total deaths so far. I thought it only fair to point this out since I’ve been criticizing the Democratic leadership of both states pretty hard for more than a month.

The two states also had 48 percent of all known cases on March 30. Today, they have only 35.3 percent of all known infections.

I don’t know if NY/NJ’s decreasing share of deaths and infections is because they’re getting a better handle on the virus, or because the other states are starting to catch up with them. Is it a sign that
things are improving or worsening? I don’t know.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I think it may have burned through the majority of the citizens in those states.

Only after we have everyone antibody tested will we know for sure, but my guess is that the mortality rate is much lower than was originally forecast. It will end up being less than .05% and then everyone will see what a farce this lockdown has been.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Lies , All LIES ............

tv.infowars.com...

www.bitchute.com...
edit on 11-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NY and NJ do not have 35.3% of the US population they still are making up a disproportionate amount of deaths and cases.

Georgia reopened first, 3 weeks ago this Friday. There has been a slight uptick in cases, but not majorly so. Traffic this weekend was as close to normal as I've seen since March. I guess we'll know soon how good of an idea that was.

I tend to think that returns to normal should probably be done on a county by county basis rather than a statewide basis. Most states have a at least one and sometimes several densely populated urban areas with the rest of the state mid sized city or rural. It makes no sense to keep rural areas that have few infections closed down. The urban areas may need to be careful a bit longer, but with some notable exceptions (like what happened in Albany,GA)the burdens of the pandemic have been pretty light on rural areas.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This article may be one reason:
www.usatoday.com...

"Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."
edit on 11-5-2020 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
According to them they social distancing and the shutdowns are working.

It's logical that it would work. The problem is the follow-up and whether it can be maintained.

The conundrum of economic damage versus health damage is a great challenge.

I think its a disaster that this has become a political partisan football and will only cause more misery.

We can disagree with what methodology we think will work but once it becomes a partisan battle then we've lost the battle.

new topics

top topics

join