It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterpart - does it predict covid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There is a term - that I know someone on ATS knows and I can’t find it on line anywhere... but it is for when a movie or tv show predicts or leaves clues to a major event...

What is that called? And have you seen Tv show Counterpart? The entire other world Other Berlin? is in masks and getting shots tested and decontaminating like crazy... and season 1 is 2017?

en.m.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

edit on 5/11/2020 by trusername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: trusername

I think it's called predictive programming.

Some is probably just coincidental but some seem highly suspicious. IMO.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Can't think of what it's called either but counterpart is a damn good show. Saw seasons 1 and 2 but want to rewatch.
J.K. Simmons is a great actor and kicks ass!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Prophetic?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Foreshadowing.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Pareidolia

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There are some people in Hollywood with good foresight. They can see what is happening and predict what might happen in the coming year or too. It happens more than you may think, lots of predictions are included in movies, but the vast majority of them do not pan out.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Novelist Mary Shelly ( author of Frankenstein ) wrote a later novel in 1826 titled " The Last Man "

The Last Man is an apocalyptic, dystopian science fiction novel by Mary Shelley, which was first published in 1826. The book describes a future Earth at the time of the late 21st Century, ravaged by an unknown pandemic which quickly sweeps across the world

The Last Man was severely suppressed in the time of re-emerging Christianity who believed it to be a frightening prophecy for the future.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-5-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: trusername
There is a term - that I know someone on ATS knows and I can’t find it on line anywhere... but it is for when a movie or tv show predicts or leaves clues to a major event...

What is that called? And have you seen Tv show Counterpart? The entire other world Other Berlin? is in masks and getting shots tested and decontaminating like crazy... and season 1 is 2017?

A highly doubt it, but it was a good show

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I’m not sure what the term is but I find this scene kinda eerie…

This is the opening scence from the “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” movie...

Freaky…

- JC

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I think it's called predictive programming.

Some is probably just coincidental but some seem highly suspicious. IMO.

Thanks! Maybe that’s it. I seem to remember seeing a 1word term - like a newly created mix of words - here on ATS.

But I could be remembering wrong.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
Can't think of what it's called either but counterpart is a damn good show. Saw seasons 1 and 2 but want to rewatch.
J.K. Simmons is a great actor and kicks ass!

Yes rewatching now will be with the 2020 vision as they say. Gulp

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Prophetic?

Yes like that and with media in it - a new made up word.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Foreshadowing.

Yes love that word. - it’s like that but about the genre of these movies with hints about our future. I think of Foreshadowing as a character warning the audience within the movie about the movie. But could be about real life to come.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Pareidolia

Hee hee had to look that one up! Ah clouds
))

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are some people in Hollywood with good foresight. They can see what is happening and predict what might happen in the coming year or too. It happens more than you may think, lots of predictions are included in movies, but the vast majority of them do not pan out.

True and with the incredible number of shows coming out of Netflix and the like - I suppose the odds are they will hit actual scenarios on the head with one of them. Let’s hope the entire scenario from this show doesn’t pan out.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Novelist Mary Shelly ( author of Frankenstein ) wrote a later novel in 1826 titled " The Last Man "

The Last Man is an apocalyptic, dystopian science fiction novel by Mary Shelley, which was first published in 1826. The book describes a future Earth at the time of the late 21st Century, ravaged by an unknown pandemic which quickly sweeps across the world

The Last Man was severely suppressed in the time of re-emerging Christianity who believed it to be a frightening prophecy for the future.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for this! I can’t believe I never heard of it. Will order now. Wow she was ahead of her time with cosmetic surgery, EKGs, zombie genre, advocacy re testing on patients...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: trusername

A highly doubt it, but it was a good show

It really is - so seamlessly done.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

I’m not sure what the term is but I find this scene kinda eerie…

This is the opening scence from the “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” movie...

Freaky…

- JC

OMG ripped from the headlines! It’s like that gates John Hopkins cdc pandemic Trial mock run through in oct 2019 mock news report

youtu.be...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My sister worked on that show on location in Germany...now ive got to ask her about this..interesting.a reply to: trusername

top topics

<<   2 >>

join