It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you're done, you're done...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think alot of people pretend they are done or think they've reached the point.

It's like quiting smoking, everyone has done it dozens of times, but when you "do" it most know it isn't real.

But when you actually do it, you know, it's done, for real. I'm punching my ticket, I'm done......

Don't get weird, this isn't some morbid post, It's just the last flicker of a dying flame of care.

I, literally, don't care much about dick anymore.

Ironically enough, that's actually freeing. It's freedom, true freedom. Very few here will get what I'm actually talking about.
edit on 11-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

So is Dicky going to marry the lefty or the righty?

Asking for a friend of course.

Do we get wedding invites.

P

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sounds to me you just need a new thing to do, I can recommend metal detecting.
Good for the soul and body.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I only just begun.
HooHaa

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
RE: all of you, nothing helpfull.

Thanks though....

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Yep! Its like dieting .

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm about that myself. People mostly want to be slaves.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

So what did Richard do to you for you not to care anymore ...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I quit drinking because I drank past my privilege to drink. You know the guy... ya, that was me.
After I stopped I began to realize why it was I drank in the first place. Man life is just painful a lot of the time. People suck, jobs suck, bills suck, women turn from angels to well you know...

I was in constant pain. Too freaking sensitive for the world, cared too much.

I realized I had to quit caring. Easy to say, harder to do. Life helpled me out with that.
My woman relapsed on hero-in, disappeared and left me in a world of financial and emotional crap, the a few weeks later I got fired from my job, and lost everything I'd worked for.

That helped me. I lost everything, bounced back and now I don't give a rat's azz. She wants to go? Bye. Take all my money, turn off the electricity, no food? Been there done that. Freedom is not giving an f word because it's all going to go how it goes, and generally speaking... we humans suck. Can't rely on most of us.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Sounds to me you just need a new thing to do, I can recommend metal detecting.
Good for the soul and body.

Wise advice😀👍

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am actually trying to care more. I am very detached from people and the world. I would like to experience some normal human emotions some times.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I, literally, don't care much about dick anymore.

I never cared much about anyone's other than my own.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Vague posting in the wee hours of the morning or eat cookies.
For me I choose to eat the cookies!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You will notice, when you make a deceleration of personal freedom.....that's when the emotionally and intellectually constipated haters come out!!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Gonna need more information. And pictures.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
major personal paradigm shift is God's hello

you ....op have graduated, and now know about others failing us, but now you have Jesus right beside you.....you, op....are heading to the top of the roster....batting order...God puts you in the 4th batter up.....

you op, will certainly give it a big knock....baby....big knock sir.... starting today or yesterday actually....batter up....pay ball....
edit on 11-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

move the tassle to the other side of the mortarboard
edit on 11-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am actually trying to care more. I am very detached from people and the world. I would like to experience some normal human emotions some times.

Watch the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain", it's from 2019.

It's from the perspective of a dog whose owner is a racing driver. More human than most humans.

The Art Of Racing In The Rain
edit on 11/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
sorry you're having a dark time.
most of us analytical types go through this, often more than once.

please don't let the world get to you. please don't let negative people get to you.
one of the worse things in life is these people that seem to need to make others feel bad. its like they're not happy unless they can make someone else unhappy.

I believe in God. I was in a Bible study once and the teacher asked 'how many of you are still alive' and most of us raised our hands (some weren't paying attention). teacher said, if you're still alive, its for a reason. God has a plan for EACH of us.
it may not always be fun and easy but it's good to be part of the plan.

remember the scene in the Indiana Jones movie where they go to the cockpit of the plane and nobody's flying? that's how too many people see the world.
in reality there IS a pilot. life DOES have a purpose.

hang in there. it will get better.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

That's pretty good advice. I add that I've pretty well learned not to worry too much about things I cannot directly control until they start to directly impact me and I can make decisions about it. Until that point, worry just does not good.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My friends and I moved out of the big city to a more rural location last year.

We knew the approximate area we wanted to live but risked everything and moved into a hotel to scout homes.

4 Texas sized adults in a 1 bedroom hotel with a cat, a dog and a lizard for a month...

My one buddy, who honestly is high maintenance, would everyday say he was going crazy or about to go crazy or say he was losing his mind and was about to snap.

I'd feel more empathetic if it weren't for the fact that he just went through a divorce and we all had to put up with such talk prior to moving.

It takes alot to make someone break and truly say f*** it.

During my teenage years, I was institutionalized, so I already had experience with small confined spaces, without windows no less. You have to harden your mind and use your imagination so it doesn't get to you. I imagine it's the same for astronauts in space.

One day, I told him point blank, "$#!+ or get off the pot. You've been talking about losing it for so long that I don't think you will, people who lose it don't hype it up, it's just gone.

There is a freedom to not giving a floop.

After you say f*** it, your problems and worries, sometimes even your fears are just funny in hindsight.

"Sorry, I was taking life seriously."
-Bill Hicks-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join