It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tries to calm ‘nationalist fever’ as calls for invasion of Taiwan grow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if things are worse in China than we have been lead to believe, just had a major outbreak lots of dead lost jobs etc... so lets whip up a nice little war we know we can eventually win?

Wouldn't be the first time its happened in modern history...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If we let China take Taiwan they will be in Hawaii next.

That seems unlikely. As I recall, North Korea nuked Hawaii last June because we didn't attack them. I don't think China would want a radioactive island.

But then, Hawaii had already been taken over by the communists decades ago because we didn't stop them in Vietnam. They took Hawaii right after Australia and just before Mexico.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: 727Sky

What do these idiots think they will gain by invading Taiwan?

Is there anything of massive value on the island?

What will it cost them to take it.... War with the West?

After they are left in smoking ruins and the world has even less trust for them, how is that going to work out for them going forward?

They are not going to invade Taiwan. Most of it is dead mongering western BS! Why on earth would they do that, just to start a war they cannot win?

It's not going to happen, but I know there is a few armchair soldiers on here who would love this to happen!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

The only good that's come from the world giving china it's economy on a platter

Sigh! Yeah, it's not like investment in China has made economies florist!

Works both ways!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I refuse to believe that China is overwhelmed by 'Nationalist Fever' over Taiwan.

The Chinese Communist Party have turned the Chinese population into robots through decades of repression and state control. They can turn nationalism on and off at the whim of some state propagandist. A couple of years ago they were pushing quite a bit of anti-Japanese sentiment and the South China Sea belongs to China myth.

Most people are bloody robots, conditioned by patrioism! How the hell do governments get away with doing horrible things? Stop being so gullible!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Most people are bloody robots, conditioned by patrioism! How the hell do governments get away with doing horrible things? Stop being so gullible!

The point I made was that the Chinese dictatorship has evolved a largely passive and controlled population. Such a population is easily manipulated and cowed, especially around nationalism. Not sure how gullibility comes into this - is it your new word?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Jay-morris

The point I made was that the Chinese dictatorship has evolved a largely passive and controlled population. Such a population is easily manipulated and cowed, especially around nationalism. Not sure how gullibility comes into this - is it your new word?

And my point is you can easily manipulate a population through patrioism. It's the same thing!

edit on 12-5-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"but observers say the authorities do not want to be rushed "
So they Do plan to invade.
remember Tibet. that is a lot of land.
they Dont need more!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
"but observers say the authorities do not want to be rushed "
So they Do plan to invade.
remember Tibet. that is a lot of land.
they Dont need more!

They do not want to invade! It's BS western media that's all. There is absolutly o reason for China to invade. They would be basically throwing everything away. Being the oldest civilization in the world, they are not going to do something as stupid as that and start a war they cannot win!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join