It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake hits Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hi guys. An earthquake hit Fukushima this morning.
There was an earthquake in Fukushima prefecture, Ibaraki prefecture, and Chiba prefecture that observed seismic intensity 3 at around 8:58 am on the 11th. There are no worries about the tsunami caused by this earthquake.
The Japan Meteorological Agency announced an earthquake early warning saying that strong tremors were expected in various parts of the Kanto region and Fukushima Prefecture, but the maximum seismic intensity was 3, and no strong tremors with an intensity of less than 5 were observed.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
There was an earthquake in Fukushima prefecture, Ibaraki prefecture, and Chiba prefecture that observed seismic intensity 3 at around 8:58 am on the 11th. There are no worries about the tsunami caused by this earthquake.
The Japan Meteorological Agency announced an earthquake early warning saying that strong tremors were expected in various parts of the Kanto region and Fukushima Prefecture, but the maximum seismic intensity was 3, and no strong tremors with an intensity of less than 5 were observed.

Don't forget to post your source(s).

That said, it's always better to have less intense seismic activity than a single massive blow out. Although there's no guarantees.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Don't forget to post your source(s).

Sorry I'll post it now.

That said, it's always better to have less intense seismic activity than a single massive blow out. Although there's no guarantees.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Source of the news.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

its in Japanese, so use chrome and it will translate it for you. Or I can do now.

Fukushima Ibaraki Chiba seismic intensity 3
May 11, 2020 9:29

As for the seismic intensity of each region, we observed shaking of seismic intensity 3 in Koriyama City and Iwaki City in Fukushima Prefecture, Mito City and Hitachi City in Ibaraki Prefecture, and Asahi City and Katori City in Chiba Prefecture.

In addition, seismic intensities of 2 and 1 were observed in the Tohoku region, Kanto Koshinetsu, and part of the Tokai region.

According to observations by the Japan Meteorological Agency, the epicenter is off the coast of Ibaraki prefecture, the depth of the epicenter is 50 km, and the magnitude indicating the magnitude of the earthquake is estimated to be 5.5.

Japan Meteorological Agency "I want you to be alert to strong shaking when breaking news comes out."

The Japan Meteorological Agency said, "Earthquake Early Warning predicts shaking in a short time immediately after the earthquake, so errors may occur, but when the early warning comes out, please be wary of strong shaking."
edit on 0500000024142020-05-10T20:14:24-05:00142405pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
Relieving tensions in one location probably intensifies stresses elsewhere. May increase tensions enough for an 8 or better elsewhere.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: EternalShadow
Relieving tensions in one location probably intensifies stresses elsewhere. May increase tensions enough for an 8 or better elsewhere.

We have been getting warnings of future earthquakes for this year and it doesn't look good. I have to check or you guys can check whick nuclear power plants have failed inspections.

The major concern for a major quake starts around Fukushima and works itself past Tokyo, Osaka and down to Hiroshima.

If I post more about quake here in Japan, keep this post bookmarked. Thanks

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
I'm still interested in Fukushima. I followed it as best I could for quite a long time. I never see anything about it any more.

I guess everything there is just peachy there now. How many people ended up dying or disabled because of that? Are they still dumping into the Pacific? How much?

Poor Japanese, we bombed the nuclear sheat out of you and now your own government has bombed the nuclear sheat out of you.

edit on 10-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
S/F.I always consider you the ATS eye on Japan.Thank you.
edit on CDTSunpm0961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I work for a spin off of Sumitomo

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So, is it question of this latest event...which appears to have been relatively harmless, make the area somehow a super spot

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I'm still interested in Fukushima. I followed it as best I could for quite a long time. I never see anything about it any more.

I guess everything there is just peachy there now. How many people ended up dying or disabled because of that? Are they still dumping into the Pacific? How much?

Poor Japanese, we bombed the nuclear sheat out of you and now your own government has bombed the nuclear sheat out of you.

Due to a very short labor shortage ( sorry, I don't have proof of this, just rumors ), foreigners under contract with contractors have become necessary. ( Japanese street people were first to be hired, many with not so good of a background and were being paid cash and housing, got ripped off of pay). The word got out and very few Japanese that did go to work there also found out about the contractors cheating and hired attorneys. Labor was hard to get.
The ones building the containers I 'm quite sure they all are union workers so they get paid.
Sad to say, but this is one more of Japan's dirty secret on how the Japanese get shafted by their uncaring and disregard for its citizens. The other example is this: (read up on it and you'll see why the politicians don't give a flying fk, but the govt. workers do and they have all been silenced to speak out) en.wikipedia.org...

I would not recommend buying sea salt no more. It seems here (locally) it is not very salty these days and of course it is super cheap. I don't have access to American salt that is out in Utah I think.

Anyway, you got all sadistic politicians now in govt. Japanese people are fodder even the politicians are now fodder toward crimes against humanity.

We are going through a major work and money depression now. I think it is really weird that people in America and here to don't realize the severity of it. Its here to stay for a long time. My guess is 3 to 5 years of a "depressed and confuse" people of all nations. Although I live on an island, I recommend people to live on an island these days. An island that is self sustaining. That is the truth and shy away from modern man because " a hungry man is a dangerous man", in this regards it has to do with " evil power" your leaders NOW have. That is the truth.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Do you have access to their in house memos ? Might be all in Japanese, not that you probably can't speak and read it.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Do you have access to their in house memos ? Might be all in Japanese, not that you probably can't speak and read it.

No,
Im out on disability for carple tunnel right now

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

So, is it question of this latest event...which appears to have been relatively harmless, make the area somehow a super spot

Like I mention, on Japanese TV they are going full blown at times of earthquake prepareness .Even in our village we get monthly memos on what to have as the weather changes. I'll post a picture of my "get to go back". I'm actually updating it at the moment. Got to be prepared . The last tsunami that hit this area was 60 years ago caused by a quake. They told us this only after our loan was approved for our house and sadly its in a flood zone.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No,

Sorry to hear that. Can you still drive a car?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No,

Sorry to hear that. Can you still drive a car?

Yeah, but I likely need an operation in both wrists soon

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hopefully it is not a pre-quake of a much larger earthquake in the near future. That is all Japan needs, another major quake.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hopefully it is not a pre-quake of a much larger earthquake in the near future. That is all Japan needs, another major quake.

We've had some late snow and the extra weight with sudden weather changes, in my opinion , along with others will state that it is possible due to the weight on the ground this late in the season. Weird times we are in.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
seems there where 2 if they are the same as these are recorded on the 10th

RSOE Alertmap

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
High time to go bury those backup generators and build some nuclear powerplants on a fault line then!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join