It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Navy ufo video nothing more than a bird?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I know nothing about the military or technology for that matter but I feel like it would be very dangerous for the pilots if their targeting systems were locking into birds instead of enemy fighters. Take it for what it’s worth but I’m pretty confident that they can’t lock into birds

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Can someone confirm on here that the object was tracked by radar?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Christopher K. Mellon on Twitter regarding Mick West theories (several tweets combined here):

On "GO FAST":

I think the speed is modest but also not the issue. How does something without wings or exhaust stay aloft at any speed and fly straight and true? If it were lighter than air, it would be buffeted by the wind rather than flying such a perfectly straight path.
However, the UAP case does not depend on this or any other video. We know from the Nimitz aviators and Princeton crew that a 50ft long white object achieved hypersonic speed from a near hover in seconds after being observed descending from extreme altitudes and hovering.

On all three videos:

The issue is no longer TTSA’s analysis but that of DoD. DoD pilots & analysts have rejected these explanations for a variety of reasons:

Gimbal, the aircraft would be visible, not just the heat of the exhaust; a jet could not move in that manner and retain lift;
same with FLIR.
In terms of Go Fast, it does not behave like a lighter than air object.

See:

A Forensic Analysis of CSG 11 Encounter with a AAV
edit on 13-5-2020 by SacredLore because: added missing tweet information

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

it would be buffeted by the wind rather than flying such a perfectly straight path.

The "straight path" is an illusion created by parallax, the movement of the camera itself.

What exactly do you think is meant by "buffeting", btw? The Goodyear blimp is a lighter than air vehicle. Do you often see it "buffeted?"

edit on 5/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: Forensick

I know nothing about the military or technology for that matter but I feel like it would be very dangerous for the pilots if their targeting systems were locking into birds instead of enemy fighters. Take it for what it’s worth but I’m pretty confident that they can’t lock into birds

No they aren't locking on to birds. But that it locked on to something might be the whole point of this.

Why do you think it happened on a *Navy* training area? What is the Navy presently very concerned about?

Chinese missiles.

Wouldn't it be nice if they locked onto flying "tictacs" that had infrared and radar returns instead of F-18s or the really easy to shoot down P-8's and KC-135s?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I agree.

Heck, I even had to look up "to buffet". The best definition I found for this context:
"to drive, force, move, or attack by or as if by repeated blows "
Even birds can fly fairly straight with a bit of wind.

The main point for me is that all these videos do not show a clear picture that would allow one to distinguish details of the objects in question. GO FAST could be a bird from my unexperienced point of view. "Plausible deniability" is the keyword: Let's see what happens and if we don't like the reaction we will explain it all away.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The latest article on CNN is saying they are believed to be drones. Kind of a bummer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join