It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman and The Day The Earth Stood Still (Disclosure?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Okay let's just jump right into it or Fly, what could Superman and The Day The Earth Stood Still possibly have in common with the topic of Aliens and UFO's? It's obvious to me but what about to you. At least, I have a theory about why they were introduced into our culture when they were. I think it was disclosure being offered to us as fiction or sci-fi. Superman came from a different atmosphere than Earth, so here he had powers beyond any human known. The Day The Earth Stood Still suggested AI technology and Flying Saucers were a very real possibility in the future and that if an Alien (someone else's word for) were to land on this planet how a certain attitude would permeate.

Superman defies gravity forces, his molecular structure is such that he can withstand bullets, he has super x-ray vision, he can hear like no other, he is the ultimate weapon for peace, and even he has a dark side. We are of the thought in this reality that any form of intelligent life would have to share the same characteristics as us and be from the same type of atmosphere in order to be possible. Superman was the example that they could look like us and be much stronger than us. Was he smarter? Maybe. He had more power than us. He still had the same morality issues to deal with as we do.

He adapted into a "normal" life on Earth and blended in, much the same way we can imagine an Alien would do. He used his powers when it was necessary, sometimes in plain view for all to see and sometimes behind the scene, perhaps like an Alien would. Disabled nukes and put the bad guys behind bars.

The Day The Earth Stood Still offered similar attributes to the characters involved, but told from a different perspective. The robot was indestructible like Superman, but also had a "blind spot" or Kryptonite. The Alien was very smart and convincing, believable, he adapted to Earth, too. The message was we are not alone and that if we continued the course of action then we would be dealt with severely. Earth has a choice to make. Believe or Not believe.

Both stories are fictional accounts and yet they wring true somehow, they resonate, why? Because sometimes disclosure is sublime and necessary. There has to be accounts that have truth, but seem fictional. Full disclosure from direct sources would not be handled very well, as seen in the Day The Earth Stood Still, so the public needed a hero to believe in, Superman to the rescue. Fictional, but much more fun than The Day The Earth Stood Still. Also, fictional, but elicited a true response from society, worldwide.

There have been other fictional accounts presented from ET to MIB, all of them portray the possibility of Aliens and UFO's, disclosure to some degree that we are not alone and that Aliens exist from far far away and right under our very noses. Hiding in plain site. Hollywood has long been rumored to be involved with the conspiracy and cover up of Aliens and UFO's. What better place to hide, what better place to connive and contrive, edit and splice, give a glimpse of the truth wrapped in a smidgen of reality, surrounded by fantasy?

Any disclosure is approved by those that want to disclose at the rate they feel comfortable releasing additional information. Basically, on a need to know basis, warning shots over the bow, dribble dribble, pow and then we will all know. Until then, we will just get the bits and pieces we need to remind us, we are in fact NOT alone.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

You need to go back further. The Year 1898. The Novel " War Of The Worlds " by H.G. Wells.

Aliens from Mars attack The Earth, with their far superior technology. What more disclosure do you want ?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You need to go back further. The Year 1898. The Novel " War Of The Worlds " by H.G. Wells.

Aliens from Mars attack The Earth, with their far superior technology. What more disclosure do you want ?

I know there were other references that could be pointed out, but these were the 2 that resonated with me, I have no doubt others will chime in with other "disclosure" accounts of their own and yet none can be proven to be true and are considered fictional, the message is still the same.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
'The Day the Earth Stood Still' had very strong links back to the CIA.

Darryl Zanuck–the movie mogulwho oversaw the film’s production–was a CIA asset.

Zanuck was considered a “friend” of the US government who could be “relied upon” to subtly “insert ideas” into his productions.

Zanuck helped shape the script for The Day the Earth Stood Still and wanted audiences to “completely accept” that open ET contact could happen “in the not too distant future.”

See : The CIA, the Movie Mogul, and‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’

Edmund H. North, the scriptwriter was a Major in the US Army Signal Corps. He had created various military training films and also the war-time movei Sink The Bismark!. Darryl Zanuck, the producer had also served in the Army Signal Corps with a unit that made documentary films.

What the motive really was remains unclear. No other nation on the planet has intelligence agencies that overtly introduce false "alien visitation" narratives into the wider world like the US. Whilst also covertly infiltrating UFO groups.

edit on 10/5/2020 by mirageman because: typo

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Day The Earth Stood Still is one of my all time top science fiction films. Pretty solid film. The Remake was okay but didn't capture the same feeling as the original. What is it about the classic scifi films of that era that makes them so great?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So you agree with me that it could be a veiled attempt to disclose?

originally posted by: mirageman
'The Day the Earth Stood Still' had very strong links back to the CIA.

Darryl Zanuck–the movie mogulwho oversaw the film’s production–was a CIA asset.

Zanuck was considered a “friend” of the US government who could be “relied upon” to subtly “insert ideas” into his productions.

Zanuck helped shape the script for The Day the Earth Stood Still and wanted audiences to “completely accept” that open ET contact could happen “in the not too distant future.”

See : The CIA, the Movie Mogul, and‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’

Edmund H. North, the scriptwriter was a Major in the US Army Signal Corps. He had created various military training films and also the war-time movei Sink The Bismark!. Darryl Zanuck, the producer had also served in the Army Signal Corps with a unit that made documentary films.

What the motive really was remains unclear. No other nation on the planet has intelligence agencies that overtly introduce false "alien visitation" narratives into the wider world like the US. Whilst also covertly infiltrating UFO groups.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The remake did not capture the romance of it all, those old flicks could tap into the emotion.

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Day The Earth Stood Still is one of my all time top science fiction films. Pretty solid film. The Remake was okay but didn't capture the same feeling as the original. What is it about the classic scifi films of that era that makes them so great?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
What is it about the classic scifi films of that era that makes them so great?

The secret ingredient is Cold War paranoia.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So you agree with me that it could be a veiled attempt to disclose?

It depends what you think they had to 'disclose'.

I would think the hidden influence over movies is more about testing how domestic and foreign audiences react, manipulating public opinion and gauging the success of these techniques.

America exports its culture through TV and movies. So the media provides a useful tool to further its social and political influence. Operation Mockingbird comes to mind.

The UFO sub-culture makes a good test tube to see how ideas and information flows within in it. Especially as those outside of it tend to ignore it and give it scant attention.

As for the Day the Earth Stood Still itself. There's no doubt its a classic sci-fi movie. There seems to be an allegorical Christian theme running through it too. Which may well be another influence added for a purpose. Maybe not?

The truth is that science fiction heavily influences UFO people and how they think. Whether it is intentional or not.

edit on 10/5/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Old movies didn't have the special effects like they do now. They had to rely on the acting and the story.
edit on 10-5-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Even though 1951's "Day the Earth Stood Still" helped enlighten me about the possibility of flying saucer alien technology; when I was a kid --- back in the 50's --- It is still somewhat fascist in nature...what with the alien humanoid - Klaatu - threatening the human race on Earth with total annihilation, if we did not conform to his idea of what we should be like.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Was there a rumour that Spielberg had a heads up in making Close Encounters? Something about the incident being real and an alphabet agency giving Spielberg certain story lines.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Even though 1951's "Day the Earth Stood Still" helped enlighten me about the possibility of flying saucer alien technology; when I was a kid --- back in the 50's --- It is still somewhat fascist in nature...what with the alien humanoid - Klaatu - threatening the human race on Earth with total annihilation, if we did not conform to his idea of what we should be like.

Yeah, in retrospect it's a weird moral. "We like you. We think you have promise. But in the grand scheme of things you're potentially dangerous to the Plan. So submit or die.". In the original unreleased ending, Earth tells Klatuu to shove it, and we get destroyed.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Now, let’s put this into a slightly different perspective:

The US, having won WWII with its Allies, and demonstrated its new superpower status, was alone in the ability to rain down Atomic annihilation in any nation which crossed it.

Until the USSR detonated their own A-bomb in 1949.

As the realization dawns across the world, Two superpowers, opposed, each with the means to destroy All,

The Earth Stands Still...

US cinema as propaganda?

“People of the Earth embrace (our benevolent) Peace, or face total (ie.: Totalitarian/USSR) annihilation!”

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The CIA has strong links to nearly every significant motion picture produced in Hollywood. Any movie of substance has a social engineering agenda orchestrated by the CIA.

new topics

top topics

join