It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal government rejects 8 million N95 masks from single distributor

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's been a very long time since I started a thread, so hopefully I remembered the rules by using the articles title for the subject. (Mods, if I got it wrong, let me know)

www.cbc.ca...

Today this hit the headlines here in Canada. 8 million "N95" masks imported from China didn't pass the mustard. It got me thinking, how many more of these masks have been supplied to other countries, who either don't test or don't have the ability to test, and have passed through their systems?

It's starting to look like China is digging themselves into a deeper hole, day by day.

And what exactly does this mean?

Early this week, the Chinese Embassy in Ottawa said one million faulty N95 masks that arrived in Canada from China last month were the result of a "contractual" issue that had since been resolved

edit on 9-5-2020 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There are videos all over the internet of these masks being made in very bad conditions. A lot of the masks are subpar at best, dangerous at worse.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm pretty sure the Canadian government isn't buying sweat shop masks. (although interesting video, thanks for posting) These are through a distributor in Montreal, coming through China. If you're buying millions of masks, that are purported to be of N95 quality, they should be. Obviously they weren't, and testing showed that.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good, I don't mind continueing the stigma of cheap chinese products, to include their Military, sorry Anzha and Zaphod, it is what it is, CHEAP.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think they did end up accepting the masks but did not pay full price.

a reply to: TortoiseKweek

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Our company is large and worldwide. On our monthly meeting last week the CEO said we will be bringing work back into the US because the margins are small enough it's the right thing to do. And he's from Germany!!

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
shoddy Chinese merchandise
I'm shocked
NOT!

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I will bet the substandard mask will be dumped to people in the US by internet sales.

The Chinese never lose money they just take a product that is rejected and sell it to someone else.

new topics

top topics

join