It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
People in grocery stores and Targets with out masks look like dumb asses. All the people who don’t wear masks should go shopping on Saturday, and call it “Let’s disrespect each other and spread Covid 19 by exposing ourselves to the virus day.” Fourteen days later they will all be sick, and so will their families, friends, employers, co workers, and pets. Not wearing a mask is a death sentence. Last Saturday, at a gas station in SC, I could hear a chronic pneumonia cough from thirty feet away. I looked.... it was an African American guy in his 60s not wearing a mask. I left immediately. I thought OMG! Out in public some disrespectful sick person spreading their germs. At the gas station people. Who is going to use that pump next after him? A hand sanitizer hand bath is what everyone needs to do after touching anything in public.
edit on 9-5-2020 by frugal because: Sp

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I think you make a very good point. There are more factors than just that more people in Japan tend to wear masks. That has been going on a long time.

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in Yokosuka Japan for a couple of years, 1985-1987. I noticed especially during flu season in the winter, many Japanese would wear masks. It is common in many Asian countries for people to wear masks for that reason, if they think they have a cold, or allergies. Most Asian countries are very densely populated, and it is much easier for something to get airborne and cause havoc.

Another thing I noticed when I lived in Japan is that there are very few obese people there. Think about the U.S. Something like 1/3 or more of the population is obese, and that is one of the factors in getting COVID-19 and having more severe symptoms and dying. People in Japan tend to have a much healthier diet than Americans do. They eat a lot of fish. Red meat is very expensive in Japan. Fish is plentiful there, and most local restaurants have all kinds of fish on their menu.

Just my two cents on this. I don’t know anything. I’m working on my diet and exercising more often. I think if most people had a better diet and exercised a little more, there wouldn’t be so much illness and hospitalizations.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
It was probably in your hair. You went to bed without bathing, it got on your pillow, and went through a membrane on your face. Wash towels and sheets and dish rags more often. Even if were on your elbow, you would touch it and then touch your face. Shower after returning from public, change your clothes, leave Public outside shoes at the door.
edit on 9-5-2020 by frugal because: So

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

You have to wonder how safe their fish supplies are after the likes of Fukushima all the same.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Vitamin D is now trending for a defense..a reply to: rickymouse

I am not sure if it is the calcidiol or the calcitriol that is effective at protecting against this. I did research and could not figure what metabolite actually helped the most.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Your two cents makes a lot of sense.

Beyond the Sumo wrestlers, the Japanese are fairly healthy and in good shape.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

when will you all quit it. masks dont stop YOU getting it, they help you stop spreading it if youre sick.

man oh man. why do surgeons wear them?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insalinity

when will you all quit it. masks dont stop YOU getting it, they help you stop spreading it if youre sick.

To stop large droplets. But neither surgical masks or other cloth masks stop viral particles or smaller aerosol droplets. From leaving or entering.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Isn't stopping large droplets a good thing?

I'm happy to discuss how this is a 1984 plot to remove human interaction by removing faces.

But arguing whether masks help or not is pointless isn't it?

edit on 10-5-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

To stop large droplets. But neither surgical masks or other cloth masks stop viral particles or smaller aerosol droplets. From leaving or entering.

I know, but they will never prevent you from touching your face, scratching your nose, heck I saw a photo of one guy wearing a mask, half pulled away, as he pulled one glove off with his teeth.

people keep going on about them keeping THEM safe, they wont. But they do something towards keeping your own particulate from flying across the air.

Surgeons don't wear them to keep safe from an infected body they are opening up. It's to keep the body protected from them.

*bumps elbows*

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says

...and if more people were tested , mortailty rates would drop

correlation causation

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Japanese people eat lots of salt. Salt protects people from the cytokine storm of covid19. But only if you are deficient. That is important to state.

They also consume a lot of iodine, that’s the key right there in my opinion, iodine.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If everyone wore masks ?

Made in the same place that started this god damn snip?

No effing thanks.

In 50 years I've never see people so effing stupid.

They didn't even lose there snip over ebola to this degree.

A far deadlier disease.
edit on 10-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Gee... and what happened about 2 months ago... these same experts said dont buy masks, dont wear masks they dont do anything.

Seriously I am about done listening to the "experts" they cant make up their minds, same with the models numbers all over the place and they keep trying to influence policy with an every changing set of rules.

Fauci said there's no need for Americans to wear masks back in early March. His bad advice likely killed thousands. The truth is masks do help keep the droplets in your breath from spreading too far. But nobody ever suggested wearing masks when the flu season is in full swing and hundreds of thousands of people get it every year with thousands of deaths. The only real difference I see between this and any other respiratory disease is the rate that it spreads when people aren't showing symptoms. That's the scary part. If some politicians, "scientists" and the media hadn't poo-pooed the use of z-pak and chloroquines think of how many people would still be alive today. THAT is the part that really pisses me off.

I hate wearing the mask because my glasses fog up and I'm not using soap or shaving cream on my lenses, that's just dumb. If I wanted blurry vision I'd just take them off. Since I have been exposed to whatever is out there via my wife, who is an essential worker, and co-workers that were sick as dogs in late February and early March. I would be shocked if I didn't have anti-bodies for it already. But since I can't afford the fine and shopping options are limited, I'm wearing one in the stores for now. I shouldn't have to go back to WalMart for a month after yesterday's trip. All we'll need until June are milk and eggs.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: toastyr

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Japanese people eat lots of salt. Salt protects people from the cytokine storm of covid19. But only if you are deficient. That is important to state.

They also consume a lot of iodine, that’s the key right there in my opinion, iodine.

Yes, that is a good point too.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I know, but they will never prevent you from touching your face, scratching your nose, heck I saw a photo of one guy wearing a mask, half pulled away, as he pulled one glove off with his teeth.

people keep going on about them keeping THEM safe, they wont. But they do something towards keeping your own particulate from flying across the air.

How will it keep others safe if it stops only a negligible amount of particulates?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
With people cheering because it's in the White House getting certain people to wear mask just isn't going to happen. I can't imagine what Walmart would be like but I haven't been there in years anyway. Local store says to wear mask and probably half don't so what do you do.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Exactly! We actually want younger and healthy middle aged to be infected. Yes, this is herd immunity. Let's keep it simple, this is like managing a forest. If you let a lot of dead wood to build up, when a fire comes it spreads with a vengeance. If you have controlled burns on occasion, you protect large portions of the forest. By letting the population build up an immunity to the virus, the likelihood of protecting other vulnerable people is enhanced. Anyone that believes hiding from this virus will work hasn't paid attention to the last 3000 years of humanity and its ability to deal with plagues. We really can't blame these people as they haven't consistently utilized critical thinking.

a reply to: Halfswede

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
People need to not forget the end-game here. The goal was to 'flatten the curve'. That doesn't mean people won't get it. It means the timeline of people getting it is spread out.

this x1000

not only are they moving the goal posts, its like people forget where they were to begin with

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sure your superman and in denial. Typical...

Just like the fox news denial brigade

edit on 10-5-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join