It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words from a LEADER that have inspired me today, and give hope to the future....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's only 8 minutes, worth the listen. Not like you got anything else going on right now.

His name is William Addo Dankwa "Nana" Akufo-Addo, and his words should inspire the people of the continent of Africa. And since it is connected to the world we live on and share, it should inspire us all.

These are the words of LEADER. Not words of division and hate, which seem to tweet their way into our consciousness on the daily.

Education
In September 2017, the president launched the Free High School Education (SHS) policy, which will make secondary high school free for students in Ghana. The president states it is a "necessary investment in the nation's future workforce"

en.wikipedia.org...

This right here....free higher education for all is not 'free money'.
It is an INVESTMENT in the future of your country and global community. If we can't figure out our problems of today, maybe an educated population will.

Do you believe in your country enough to invest in it's future, knowing it not you who will reap the rewards but your children and your children's children? I would gladly bear the burden today for the hope of a better tomorrow.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

This right here....free higher education for all is not 'free money'. It is an INVESTMENT in the future of your country and global community. If we can't figure out our problems of today, maybe an educated population will.

Education is the enemy of the prevailing political wind of ATS. And I think we all know which end of the body that comes from.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

An uneducated populace is easy to deceive and control.

Thats why education was the purview of the church long ago (and still is in some countries, to the detriment of all).

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
a reply to: underwerks

An uneducated populace is easy to deceive and control.

Thats why education was the purview of the church long ago (and still is in some countries, to the detriment of all).

That's why currently education is under the control of the federal government. Primarily liberals. If you think a political ideology is any different than a religious ideology you are naive...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ummm...hasn’t dude ever read the old Chinese folk tale...”Tikkitikkitembonosarembocharibariuchipicparipembo“...?

What if someone needed to borrow a way to rescue their brother from the well...from the...”old man with the ladder”

And all out of breath had to stammer to that old man...”old man with the ladder”...WilliamAddoDankwaNanaAkufoAddo...has fallen into the well...

Ole William would surely drown...by the time his bro got that word salad out...

Right...?

YouSir

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

This right here....free higher education for all is not 'free money'. It is an INVESTMENT in the future of your country and global community. If we can't figure out our problems of today, maybe an educated population will.

Education is the enemy of the prevailing political wind of ATS. And I think we all know which end of the body that comes from.

Yeah, everybody that disagrees with you is uneducated.

That's a very educated opinion.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It’s hard to take someone calling themselves educated seriously when they fall victim to political party propaganda.

Education stops that.

Which is why the current party in power is trying to destroy the education system under whatever guise their followers (and I mean follower in every sense of the word) will accept.

Maybe you all should be angry at the people fooling you instead of the people pointing it out.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

And it appears some folks avoid it at all cost.
(pardon the pun)

edit on 5/9/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It’s hard to take someone calling themselves educated seriously when they fall victim to political party propaganda.

Education stops that.

Which is why the current party in power is trying to destroy the education system under whatever guise their followers (and I mean follower in every sense of the word) will accept.

Maybe you all should be angry at the people fooling you instead of the people pointing it out.

Maybe you should be angry with your liberal professors for convincing you that agreeing with them made you educated instead of angry at me for pointing out that it sounds uneducated.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Education stops that.

Maybe you should be angry with your liberal professors for convincing you that agreeing with them made you educated instead of angry at me for pointing out that it sounds uneducated.

Do you not know that there are many politically conservative professors? But, they are all of them, educated.

I wouldn't be too proud of being ignorant, it sounds sort of...

edit on 9/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Education stops that.

Do you not know that there are many politically conservative professors? But, they are all of them, educated.

With few exceptions you're wrong. My wife had a few because she has an MD and the higher levels have some conservatives. Undergrad degree? I had one for a general ed econ class but that's it.

How many conservative professors did you have?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

That's why currently education is under the control of the federal government. Primarily liberals.
a reply to: JAY1980

Primarily liberals? You must have come out of a 3 and a half year coma, so sorry. In 2016, there was an election.....the winners were primarily CONSERVATIVE. They are the office of the president and the US senate. They are 'primarily' in control of the Federal government, not liberals.

If you think a political ideology is any different than a religious ideology you are naive...

In fact, todays conservative political ideology is more of cult, than a religion. If you believe otherwise, you are naive.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Or, you could just say...

'Willies in the well!'.

I think they would know who you were talking about.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Some text from the speech....

“We can no longer continue to make policy for ourselves, in our country, in our region, in our continent on the basis of whatever support that the western world or France, or the European Union can give us. It will not work. It has not worked and it will not work”, he stressed.

“We have to get away from this mindset of dependency. This mindset about ‘what can France do for us?’ France will do whatever it wants to do for its own sake, and when those coincide with ours, ‘tant mieux’ [so much better] as the French people say…Our concern should be what do we need to do in this 21st century to move Africa away from being cap in hand and begging for aid, for charity, for handouts. The African continent when you look at its resources, should be giving monies to other places…We need to have a mindset that says we can do it…and once we have that mindset we’ll see there’s a liberating factor for ourselves,” his rising tone and demeanor demonstrating his passion for this subject.

qz.com...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Education stops that.

With few exceptions you're wrong. My wife had a few because she has an MD and the higher levels have some conservatives. Undergrad degree? I had one for a general ed econ class but that's it.

How many conservative professors did you have?

I don't 'have' any professors at the moment. Back when I was a student at university, I studied under a number of professors of Astronomy, Physics Mathematics and Theology, but cannot recall any of them them expressing any political opinion at all. Two of them were born in Russia, but you'd only be able to tell because of their accent and their names.

I do currently have a small circle of friends from academia and know about five professors that are highly conservative.

I'd say, from my experience, the majority of academics are apolitical and are instead most heavily concerned with their field of expertise. The only time they get political is when the grant money gets withheld (which I suppose shows a strong affinity for capitalism).

edit on 10/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

join