It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hariri Reportedly Assassinated To Make Way For Large US Air Base In Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to high-level Lebanese intelligence sources-Christian and Muslim-former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri was reportedly assassinated in a sophisticated explosion-by-wire bombing authorized by the Bush administration and Ariel Sharon's Likud government in Israel.

There are also strong indications that the Hariri assassination was carried out by the same rogue Syrian intelligence agents used in the 2002 car bombing assassination of Lebanese Christian leader Elie Hobeika, who was prepared to testify against Sharon in a Brussels human rights court.

Washington and Jerusalem media experts spun Hariri's assassination as being the work of Syrian intelligence on orders from President Bashar Assad. However, a number of Middle East political observers in Washington claim that Hariri's assassination was not in the interests of Assad, but that the Bush and Sharon administrations had everything to gain from it, including the popular Lebanese uprising against the Syrian occupation.

Lebanese intelligence sources report that even without a formal agreement with Lebanon, the contract for the northern Lebanese air base has been let by the Pentagon to Jacobs Engineering Group of Pasadena, California. Other construction support will be provided by Bechtel Corporation.

The Lebanese air base is reportedly to be used as a transit and logistics hub for U.S. forces in Iraq and as a rest and relaxation location for U.S. troops in the region. In addition, the Lebanese base will be used to protect U.S. oil pipelines in the region (Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Mosul/Kirkuk-Ceyhan) as well as to destabilize the Assad government in Syria. The size of the planned air base reportedly is on the scale of the massive American Al Udeid air base in Qatar.

source:
rense.com

if you ask me, that is who did it.
a rouge syrian intelligence, sponsored by washington & jerusalem.
since nobody else in the region really DONT gain anything by killing this man.
why would offical syria want him dead?
hariri dealt comfortably with them for years!
i say it were the anti-syrian maronites (christians) rouge intelligence agency (which you will find many there),
with help by israel's mossad and maybe also the c.i.a.

related ATS threads:
Who killed Rafik Hariri?
Beirut blast kills Rafik Hariri
Hariri: Hizbullah has right to attack Israel
US engineers provocation following assassination in Lebanon
Alternative News, Why would Syria cut it nose to spite its face?
NEWS: Large Explosion Rocks Beirut Seafront

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Props my brothers for spreading light in vast seas of darkness.

This is just another of the latest series of Israeli and USA State Sponsorship of Terror!!

Thank you for bringing this out in the open for everyones attention. I will be there to back you up when the those in the darkness come to flame you with false light.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In this topic too I'll say, I find this theory rather hard to believe.

The US is reportedly "building permanent bases" in Iraq. Why would they need Lebanon? From Iraq, they can easily access any part of the middle east with their weapons.

Now on the other hand, I can believe that Hariri was assassinated to help instigate the current uprisal and situation in the country, whether done by the US, Israel or some other force, the reason I believe it was done was for "change" not "bases".

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't like Rense and I'm not 100% on this.

However, I would not put it past the US Government to stage an assassination in order to further their goals in the region.

A free Lebanon stops a northern front opening if the Arab world was to turn on Israel, limiting Syrias dominance in the region.

It's all a little convenient for me. Syria had everything to lose in this.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Covered here:
Hariri assassinated to make way for U.S. Base

What I am finding interesting here are the sources used.........

seekerof

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.onlinejournal.com...

Dont know if this is better than Rense but it apears to be thier source.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've been saying in other threads that the Syrian government had nothing to gain and everything to lose from the assassination and that the immediate pointing of fingers at Syria smacks of a set-up. And people respond with "Well, the article said that Syria did it!"

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
OOPs and Souljah,

That must be it, after all the USA and Israel are behind everything bad in the world. I had a puppy that died once, and now that I have been enlightened by you two, I now know its was a USA conspiracy.

It snowed the other day, USA's fault.

Tsunami, Israel did it.

Plane crash in northern Russia, Bush shot it down personally I hear.

Airport closed in Australia today due to a strange sickness, must have been a USA plot.

Israel broke up the Beatles, Yoko was a USA spy.

The USA started Aids and all cancers.

Israel invented taxes

Hillary Clinton planned the Spain train bombings

Bush meets with Satan once a week to plan new invasions (actually, this one may be true)

Israel actually perpetrated the holocaust!!

Sharon beats baby seals for fun.

Bush eats Iraqi babies. He invaded to get a never ending supply.

Man you guys are blinded by your hatred. I understand you like to oppose everything and try to “open” people’s eyes, but how can you do that when your own eyes are so clouded with hate?

Its OK to try to look beyond the obvious, and its OK to oppose the US government. But you guys take it way to the extreme. You are racist against Israelis and Americans, pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It snowed the other day, USA's fault.

They must've finally got H.A.A.R.P to work for once! Good for them.

Tsunami, Israel did it.

I think you'll find it was Enron.

Plane crash in northern Russia, Bush shot it down personally I hear.

Nope. He's too stoopid to learn how to use a missile.

Airport closed in Australia today due to a strange sickness, must have been a USA plot.

Yes, they want to control the world's supply of Kangaroos. The Kangaroo Peak is not a myth.

Israel broke up the Beatles, Yoko was a USA spy.

Illuminati spy, but you were close.

The USA started Aids and all cancers.

And don't forget Mad Cow, Mad Sheep, and Mad Lemming.

Israel invented taxes

Actually I did. MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Hillary Clinton planned the Spain train bombings.

She probably thought Lewinski was going to be on them.

Bush meets with Satan once a week to plan new invasions (actually, this one may be true)

I didn't think Bush and Cheney were that close.

Israel actually perpetrated the holocaust!!

Uhhh..I'm gonna skip that one. Shame on you. :shk:

Sharon beats baby seals for fun.

It is kinda fun actually. Looking into those big, dewy eyes and WHAM!! WHAM!! WHAM!!

Bush eats Iraqi babies. He invaded to get a never ending supply.

No, they don't taste so good with all the DU in their system.

Just kidding, but gee that was fun,

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm sure the Syrians have other, cheaper, methods of getting rid of any pesky opposition politico.

Plus taking out c. 30 citizens of a country with no army while you x 000 armed troops in that country seems very, very stupid. You're already in charge.

Yet another TV-friendly outrage to galvanise opinion to suit the neo-con Zionist agenda.

Is there a pattern developing here?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The Correct Headline: Propaganda Lapped Up As Truth By The Incurably Credulous

Is this story true?

Possibly. Hey, you never know.

Will people who adhere to the "Church of Bush is the Devil Of Latter Day Pawns" accept this as a gospel truth?

Definitely.

P.S. For those who may find my comments offensive, good. If you are the type of person who believes obvious propaganda like this as an article of faith, then I pray that I may insult you enough to inspire you to educate yourself and stop believing things you read simply because they support your false preconceptions.

The truth never matches the false preconceptions of any of us.

Meanwhile, brazen propaganda continues to flood ATS like a sea of sewage, and people continue to drink it up.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
lol i wouldn't be afraid of the CIA since they don't know how to assasinate. They can't even kill the leader of Cuba which is 90 miles away. I believe it was Syria who wants Hariri dead for turning against them.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
skippytjc

No, they USA is not behind EVERYTHING bad in this world.

And its not USA that is bad, but your current goverment, your current president and his legion of warmongers.

They are responsible for titles like this topic to come out. If its true or not, we will have to see in the future.

Your post is a joke and a provocation, but still I am answering to it.

If you dont like me or my opinion, that is your problem, and deal with it. Put me on ignore and you will not have this problem anymore.

If not, then please, comment the title of the topic and not the author.

Thank You Dear Sir.

Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

join