It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st French COV-19 case dates back to Nov 16 - predating 1st Chinese case by a day.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
First COVID-19 cases in France date back to November

Doctors at the Albert Schweitzer Hospital of Colmar in eastern France said they've found evidence that the earliest COVID-19 cases in the country can be traced back to November 16, according to a press release from the hospital on Thursday.

On 13 March 2020, an unverified report from the South China Morning Post suggested a case traced back to 17 November 2019 (a 55-year-old from Hubei) may have been the first person infected.
link

Just something to keep an eye on.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Definitely worth keeping an eye on. The moving timeline has big ramifications for all the early panic data. For example when testing began catching infections at alarming rates ("confirmed cases doubled in three days" headlines), was it simply catching up to current infection rates? Probably.

Did a similar thread here awhile back with similar information.

This obviously has big implications for the underlying assumptions that we've been using. Great find!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here is another article from earlier this week, already pushing it back to community spread in December in France.

A patient treated in a hospital near Paris on 27 December for suspected pneumonia actually had the coronavirus, his doctor has said.

This means the virus may have arrived in Europe almost a month earlier than previously thought.

Dr Yves Cohen said a swab taken at the time was recently tested, and came back positive for Covid-19.

The patient, who has since recovered, said he had no idea where he caught the virus as he had not travelled abroad.

+13 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think this just shows, China has been covering this up way longer.
Nothing coming out of China is reliable.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Hard to know where the truth lies, didn't a whole bunch of things like oil and paupau just test positive
edit on 9-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Either China's cover-up goes further back, or the Chinese had not recognised the emergence of the virus. Both are plausible explanations.

As the Chinese seem to be very prickly about everything around Covid-19 and have repressed research, coupled with their success in influencing the WHO, I think they knew all along what was going on.

By the time China confessed to the Covid-19 virus, they knew it had spread worldwide.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hard to know where the truth lies, didn't a whole bunch of things like oil and paupau just test positive

You don't think fruit is in danger?!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't forget the goats. Even more men staring at them now... And as I wrote in another thread:

I wouldn't be too surprised if the French case was published on Initiative of the French secret service to provoke and study Chinese reactions to it (both public and non-public). The case or at least that specific date may or may not be fictional... #TrustNo1 #TheTruthIsOutThere #IWantToBelieve...

@RadioRobert Hadn't seen your thread yet. Interesting S+F

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I forget where I saw it, but the Chinese doctor in Wuhan who died had referenced a strange pneumonia being reported in the region for a while. I remember October being referenced for sure. You would have to track down his original posts/concerns.

There is no way that they suddenly got concerned enough to have Xinhua News run an article about a single patient with SARS-like symptoms. I mean pneumonia happens every winter. Doctors aren't just testing to see if yours is "novel". There was some preceding concern for sure.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As I mentioned before, this virus could have come from anywhere and could have been around most of the winter.

It is relevant to say that there was another level 4 lab in Lyon doing the same kind of thing in France not that far away from where Comar is. Were there any Chinese visiting this lab or any people from this lab that went to china to visit the wuhan lab.

I do think that the Chinese should have been more open about how bad this was and do not condemn them for trying to retain supplies to help their people. We should have been making the medical supplies we need in America instead of buying them from another country. By the time all the middle men make their bucks, the cost of the masks is probably not much different if we made them here vs there.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It could also be used to test our reactions.

In fact if you think about it, almost every piece of the Covid-19 puzzle doesn't fit.

I wonder if this version of Covid has been around for 10 years lol. It could have went totally undetected by average doctor offices and hospitals especially by piggybacking on preexisting conditions, could've totally went under the radar.

They didn't even know to look for it, it is actually an innocuous disease, quite mild generally speaking.

Dude this whole thing could be a lie. Lol

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Alas poor China, I knew you well...NOT.

The free world is against them now, they have bullied australia for launching a probe into the virus, but when Pompeo wants to launch an investigation? china can't be the bully to the US, because they know the rest of the world will rally and rain fire and bring on WWIII.

Italy, France, Australia, UK...we will be awaiting further orders, because my friends doctor told him it was a bioweapon-that is yet to be proven but coming from a medico it's not implausible.

China needs to come clean-oh c'mon the chances of that is like someone trying to juggle 15 wrecking balls .

edit on 9-5-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm soooooo glad we shut everything down. When it turns out that huge swathes of the population have antibodies I'm going to punch a governor or two in the throat.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Its just how these types of tests work..

They were never meant for positive/negative results or diagnostic purposes, and their use in that way has been controversial for years.

Ive yet to hear a single mention of "amplification cycles" with regards to testing. And, if mistakes are made anywhere in the process.. Those will be.. Wait for it.. Amplified

They are completely unsuitable for this purpose, yet are at the core of so many things happening today.

Hell, maybe the markers for a "positive" are just a particularly wonky, but relatively common artifact of the amplification process.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Italy, France, Australia, UK...

Er, Italy and France are in the EU. The EU is frantically kowtowing to China over Covid-19. It seems the EU wants to be China's slave.

There are plenty of other sources around this letter

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The first link in the OP goes to CGTN, aka China Global Television Network, a state-run propoganda mill. I could find no mention of the CGTN claim in the wiki link. Fake news, imo

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The time difference between France and China is 6 hours, so the ,16th in France could conceivably be the 17th in China.

Kind of hints at mischief on the French part, or maybe the Covid came in from asteroid that passed both countries within moments.

I think this is an anti Trump move by the French, and it helps a future 'get well' trade deal along the way too.

Whodunit doesn't really matter tho now.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fomalhaut

Well here is a French sauce for you:

L'hôpital Schweitzer de Colmar évoque des cas de Covid dès novembre

Cette analyse « apporte de nombreux renseignements sur la propagation du coronavirus dans notre région et permet d’évoquer des cas "typiques COVID" dès le 16 novembre 2019 » en Alsace, indique le pôle de santé privé colmarien dans un communiqué publié ce jeudi.

Translation

This analysis "provides a lot of information on the spread of the coronavirus in our region and makes it possible to evoke" typical COVID "cases from November 16, 2019" in Alsace, the private health center in Colmar said in a press release published on Thursday.

DNA are the main newspaper of the Alsace region in France.

edit on 9-5-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm soooooo glad we shut everything down. When it turns out that huge swathes of the population have antibodies I'm going to punch a governor or two in the throat.

Just moving back patient zero has huge implications. We have a community spread case in December here with France. We have a community spread case in California from January.

All the "infections are doubling every two days!"-hysteria is bull#. We just weren't identifying the cases. Mostly because it is so mildly flulike for most.

Which doesn't mean, we shouldn't have taken some action to mitigate, but it's clear we completely overreacted.

I'm sure the "better safe than sorry" will be with us forever, even after (maybe "especially when") the science catches up.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Like you said tho there's no exit strategy here, it's like Iraq. Endless war economy lol.

So I expect masks and distancing will be here to stay. It isn't going away.

This PsyOp really struck a deep chord of fear in people. They actually got ppl to stop driving cars and quit their jobs lol. Think about that, it's intense.

They misrepresented everything and it worked...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join