It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement Agencies Refusing to Enforce Unconstitutional Lockdown Orders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So many do not understand the constitution. It would help to read it, at least once.

Browse the Constitution Annotated
Article I
Section 9
Clause 2
The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

ArtI.S9.C2.1 Writ of Habeas Corpu

constitution.congress.gov...

Your rights can be suspended in an emergency. Yours, mine, even the snowflake sheriffs.

Really, this guys should be terminated immediately, as they took an oath to uphold the constitution. Kinda hard to do if you don't even know whats in it. These are the bad apples that would trample over your constitutional rights to, say, record them in public.

These are the bad cops that get good cops killed, and they hide behind their thin blue line like cowards.
edit on 9-5-2020 by ErEhWoN because: added a thought

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

To Protect And To Serve ..........

Good to see some Men Embrace HONOR .

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sheriff Chad Bianco in Riverside county California has decided to hell with Governor Newsome and his unattainable and ever changing goal post. Bianco made an eloquent appeal to the county supervisors about the infringement of citizens rights and asked them to vote to reopen. The board voted unanimously to reopen, thumbing there collective nose at the governor.
The governor said recently that we'll need to see 14 days without a covid death before resturants and salons can reopen. He also claimed the first community spread in CA was through a nail salon. There is a huge Vietnamese population in California and they own the majority of the 8000 nail salons and many of the hair salons. Well, their association called his possible bluff today and they want PROOF!
Newsome is going a fine job! The dictator is flipping a lot of orange county voters back to red every day. He really flipped my wife, though she didn't vote for him, she won't be voting democrat after the fiasco democratic governors are perpetrating in their states. They've accomplished in 2 months what I've been attempting for 13 years with her.
We're off to our third protest weekend in a row tomorrow. Last weekend there was at least 5000 of us, I hope more tomorrow.
edit on 202091202000000031 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Here in Tennessee at least in my neck of the woods it's been like that since the beginning. The Sherriff's department from the get go had no intention of enforcing s lock down. Even when Governor Lee officially locked the state down they didn't crack down on anyone. Hell, Lee didn't even want to lockdown to begin with. He only did so because he was pressured into doing so, because optics and the risk of if things actually went south.

The TWRA bugged a few people, but they are basically super cops, and can do whatever they want anyways.

The city police have been kind of a pain in the ass, but I think thag it's just because they had nothing to do when all the Covidiots were staying inside and actual criminal activities had decreased.

The state police/highway patrol surprisingly weren't very active during the lockdown. People were actually hauling ass and racing in the highways and didn't hear of anyone getting busted.

But it's Tennessee. Even though we have cities that are liberal no one knows how, but it's most likely due to corporate influence. Everyone is mostly conservative or consider themselves middle of the road. Even the Democrats here are mostly conservative.

There aren't that many screeching lefties here. The ones I know are all miserable, because no one wants to associate with them.
edit on 952020 by AutomateThis1 because: Added info

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

We'll have to agree to disagree...

First, there was no "invasion" or "rebellion" and our safety does not require it.

Second, these violations of our Constitutional rights are being imposed by the state governors, not the Feds. States' rights do not supersede the enumerated powers in the Constitution.

Third, whether these LEOs are the good guys or the bad guys. I am obviously saying they are the good guys, serving and protecting the public from domestic tyranny.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: odd1out
Sheriff Chad Bianco in Riverside county California has decided to hell with Governor Newsome and his unattainable and ever changing goal post. Bianco made an eloquent appeal to the county supervisors about the infringement of citizens rights and asked them to vote to reopen. The board voted unanimously to reopen, thumbing there collective nose at the governor.

That's pretty darn awesome to hear! I'm impressed -- by the sheriff and the board. That should be a wake up call to Newsome that he only has as much power as the people consent to give him. And they can take it back when misused.

The governor said recently that we'll need to see 14 days without a covid death before resturants and salons can reopen. He also claimed the first community spread in CA was through a nail salon. There is a huge Vietnamese population in California and they own the majority of the 8000 nail salons and many of the hair salons. Well, their association called his possible bluff today and they want PROOF!

Good for them! I heard about the nail salon being the start of the spread, and I questioned it immediately. Is he possibly trying to put the blame on the Vietnamese and take it off the Chinese? More campaign donations from the Chinese and their birth tourism? Not cool regardless.

Newsome is going a fine job! The dictator is flipping a lot of orange county voters back to red every day. He really flipped my wife, though she didn't vote for him, she won't be voting democrat after the fiasco democratic governors are perpetrating in their states. They've accomplished in 2 months what I've been attempting for 13 years with her.

The Dems are on a roll... they flipped me to a Trump voter with their faux impeachment. I've never seen such a blatant abuse of power and authority for their own personal gain. Until CoVid. I wasn't about to vote Dem anyway, but they made sure I'm voting Trump this election.

We're off to our third protest weekend in a row tomorrow. Last weekend there was at least 5000 of us, I hope more tomorrow.

Beers on me for both of you!!!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Similar to here in Arizona. I don't think Ducey wanted to do it at all, but he did. And I know it was considered by some to be a wimpy "shutdown" anyway. There has been little enforcement (if any). My husband was given a card to carry declaring him an "Essential Worker," but he's never been asked for it. Virtually no police presence anywhere that I've been.

People have been pretty cool about it -- although we all seem to be lousy social distancers! A few people seem to really want their six-foot cushion, but for the most part people are just doing what they do, and are a little extra courteous about personal space.

We certainly haven't had the curtain twitchers and moaners here -- thank goodness!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This is the most sensible thing i (as a European who like a lot of others is horrified by what is happening in the States) have seen coming out of someones mouth over there.

Now I want I want to remind you that regardless where you stand on the coronavirus, we don't have the authority to do those things to people just because a mayor or a governor tells you otherwise. Uh I don't care if it's your sergeant or chief of police, we don't get to violate people's Constitutional rights because somebody in our chain of command tells us otherwise. It's not how this country works."

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I very much appreciated that statement as well. Especially that he used the proper word "authority," and not "rights." There is a very big difference. Governments and their agents (such as police officers), only have the powers and authority that we grant them. They do not have rights, which are absolute and inalienable, and belong to people.

This difference is being increasingly muddled by those tyrants who want absolute power and absolute authority over people in violation of our rights.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
So many do not understand the constitution. It would help to read it, at least once.

Browse the Constitution Annotated
Article I
Section 9
Clause 2
The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

ArtI.S9.C2.1 Writ of Habeas Corpu

constitution.congress.gov...

Your rights can be suspended in an emergency. Yours, mine, even the snowflake sheriffs.

Really, this guys should be terminated immediately, as they took an oath to uphold the constitution. Kinda hard to do if you don't even know whats in it. These are the bad apples that would trample over your constitutional rights to, say, record them in public.

These are the bad cops that get good cops killed, and they hide behind their thin blue line like cowards.

While your doling out homework assignments, here's one for you:

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
www.justice.gov...

These police officers and sheriff's are acting under color of law and depriving citizens of their rights.

These "orders" are not orders for you and I as citizens, they are directives handed down from the President and or Governors to their states agencies. NO public official has the authority to order anyone to do anything without legislation, i.e. DUE PROCESS short of declaring Martial Law. Marital Law has not been declared, therefore the full power and enforcement of the US Constitution is still in force.

Look up the difference between laws, decrees, proclaimations and orders.

The governors have given orders and authority to State Health Officers to direct law enforcement to do pretty much whatever the health officer deems necessary in their opinion.

That violates 18 USC Title §.242, and 241 depending on how far some officers have gone with this.

Here's a breakdown of §.242 :

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.
www.justice.gov...

These officers and sheriff's are probably WELL aware of 242 and 241. They can be sued into oblivion not only in their public capacity, but in their PRIVATE capacity as well!

Here in California, the Governor and the county health officers overstepped their bounds by quarantining ENTIRE counties when the policy/law clearly only allows for quarantining on an INDIVIDUAL bases. Not to mention, the health agency is supposed to come out and pre inspect the house to be quarantined, and once the quarantine has been lifted, a final inspection is performed where it could be determined that the house be deemed contaminated and destroyed.

By quarantining the entire state no less, the Governor, the state health officers and any law enforcement use to enforce that policy are in violation for deprivation of rights under color of law.

It was noted that citizens should HEED the directives and policies of state health officers as outlined in the Governors executive orders. No one is MANDATED to do anything and if they are, that's another violation/charge.

Arresting and ticketing citizens for something they should take under advisement is horrendously overreaching and the lawsuits are being filed, I ASSURE you they are.💯
edit on 5/9/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Bravo!!!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Seeing as there is no Rebellion or Invasion... your obviously reading it wrong lol

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The legislatures dont much fear voters anymore, glad to see Sheriffs step up to the plate.

In almost every case it is a Democrat Governor doing this on their own. The majority of State Constitutions allow the Governor to act for a limited time. None of these closures has been voted upon by a State Legislature. That's a large part of the problem.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

In almost every case it is a Democrat Governor doing this on their own.

In our case, it's a Republican Governor, and I'm increasingly thinking he did it more to get it on the Federal $$ than any real concern for the people. We're just starting to reopen now. Some businesses rebelled and opened early. Enforcement has been minimal though -- if any.

The majority of State Constitutions allow the Governor to act for a limited time. None of these closures has been voted upon by a State Legislature. That's a large part of the problem.

When Ducey extended the order on April 30, our state legislatures did introduce a resolution to end the shutdown. I don't think it was voted on though -- at the Senate President's suggestion that we would lose those federal funding $$.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Queen Ivey here, a Republican (although I never judge by party outside of DC), decreed her "Stay at Home Order" in early April, extending to April 30. It effectively shut down the state, making church services as well as many other businesses illegal and requiring those that were allowed to open to drop building occupancy by 50%. To accomplish that, it required all businesses to post someone at every entrance to keep a running count of how many people were in the building... a requirement that drove most small businesses to simply close their doors.

That order actually caused me to collapse trying to get out of one store... I have PAD and cannot walk far any more. I have to use the pharmacy curbside service at Walmart, because the only entrance that can be used is on the other end of the store.

It also declared that anyone who had tested positive for the WuFlu was unable to leave their home for any reason except a medical emergency... she actually had to issue an exception when the spring storms came through to allow people to seek shelter!

A few days before it expired, our illustrious Queen came out with a new order, dubbed "Safer at Home" that ran through this coming Friday. It opened most businesses but still not churches, allowed for medical procedures, and it removed the mandate on individuals.

Then a day or two ago, apparently because Her Majesty discovered we have rednecks in Alabama, she amended it to allow for more individual freedoms (barber shops, salons, tattoo parlors can now re-open). As far as I am concerned, it's not enough. She'll be wanting re-elected at some point, and as far as I am concerned she is no different than Hitler. I wouldn't vote for him, either. From what I am hearing, I am far from alone in that.

When the protests come to Alabama, it's time to pay attention.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this! Glad to see real patriot police officers staying loyal to their oath to uphold the Constitution. These are the real role models for their peers or society as a whole.

Star & flag.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I did say almost

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I did say almost

Yes, you did! And you're right too.

I just thought it would be more than a little intellectually dishonest on my part if I didn't 'fess up...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Yes - you included.

The quoted clause didn't say 'emergency', it said 'cases of rebellion or invasion'.

I know you want it to read 'emergency', but it doesn't.

This is just laughable, since you got it completely bass-ackwards.

These are the guys that are standing between you and tyranny.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, we all knew this was a possibility... and now it's the reality. The officer in the video I posted in the OP has been fired.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join