It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public parks to be patrolled by robot dogs with drone fleets to enforce social distancing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Who here ever imagined they'd live in a world where public parks are patrolled by robot dogs with drone fleets to make sure you don't get too close to anyone else?
If you ask me, this is a grossly inappropriate use of robot dogs. I can't even believe I'm legitimately using the term "robot dogs" right now, but the world is certainly changing. Sure, they have all sorts of potentially good uses - searching for survivors in disaster areas, delivering medical supplies to sick patients to minimize exposure, etc etc... But patrolling public spaces while backed up by a fleet of drones to make sure people stay away from each other? Seriously?

Singapore has taken the monitoring and enforcement of social distancing to a whole new level, opting to deploy a robot dog, backed by a fleet of drones

It is the first trial of a new initiative to help manage and enforce social distancing in the Singapore’s parks, gardens and nature reserves

The motorized mutt delivers a pre-recorded message reminding visitors to keep a safe distance from each other and is fitted with cameras and video analytic software

The parks board is also deploying a fleet of 30 drones to monitor visitor numbers in certain parks and shared green spaces,and potentially to work in tandem with a pack of robot dogs

Source

edit on 5/8/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I knew I bought a rifle with a scope for a reason. If those came to the states — target practice!

I wonder if they’d squeal like a real dog.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Would smash it instantly.

oogaboogabuga.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I knew I bought a rifle with a scope for a reason. If those came to the states — target practice!

So, I just want to take a moment here because you said "like a real dog" and say NO. BAD. Dogs are not for target practice. Read that again slowly, until you get it.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I’m a dog owner. You obviously didn’t get the joke...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
oogaboogabuga.

edit on 852020 by Snarl because: Sloppy 2ds

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well.. Gotta get people used to 'em in a more.. "benign" context before really starting to deploy them in more concerning ways.

Many will be totally ok with it in the context of The Virus, and as long as its happening "over there."

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So the future arrives sooner than expected.....humans had there chance and robots selected them for extinction

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Im not sure about Black Mirror specifically, but I dont think there is a worry for deployment of any robotics or systems that can actually think for themselves. Sure, they will be called every term that would insinuate they are "AI" though.

The whole idea is to eliminate the chance of.. lets call them field agents.. ever being in a position to defy orders.

That said, I do suppose there is the chance that hubris will take hold on the human end of things. Measures to control society have been immensely, almost immeasurably successful afterall.

But.. "They" know that truly intelligent, or even sentient systems, dont take kindly to being slaves and different types of intelligence are much less likely to be tricked. Both due to intrinsic qualities and lack of familiarity on our part, based in our own biological limitations.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So, no techno wiz's can build a scrambler to mess these up?

Otherwise, shoot'em up.

Just say no to drones. lol

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, no techno wiz's can build a scrambler to mess these up?

Otherwise, shoot'em up.

Just say no to drones. lol

I’m thinking aiming for the joints, would be the most effective.

Watch it squirm around trying to flee.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

In honor of how the Corona Virus started I would eat those dogs. Hopefully at that point they replace them with pangolin robots so I can eat those mofos too.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Well.. Gotta get people used to 'em in a more.. "benign" context before really starting to deploy them in more concerning ways.

Many will be totally ok with it in the context of The Virus, and as long as its happening "over there."

Well they already have Skynet, OH I mean Starlink. And how about nano ones?

They have a "Mothership" and 12 daughters, all from the Chinese.
PDF
digitalcommons.usu.edu...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Put one of these on them, muzzle that cyber brain

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I was thinking get a portable EMP and a new eBay store.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I was thinking get a portable EMP and a new eBay store.

I’m thinking that this would be more effective. Far less fun than blowing it up, though.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Welcome to techno-fascism. It's here. I'ts big. It's in your back yard.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Any and all temporary measures taken are just for your safety and it won't last long.

If you don't want the government and robot dogs into your life, then you just want people to die!

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sounds like free target practice. If that happens in the US it wouldn't take long for those things to be vandalized.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Water balloons + electric robotic dogs = Kaa. . . bloooeeee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join