It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me some spots to check out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Near there i came accross the dreaded......quiet and then odd whistles like from a bird but soon the sounds went viral. Filling the valley for a mile. Never heard nuthin like that.....and im an outdoorsman.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Although Virginia could start easing coronavirus restrictions this week there might not be a lot of places open for business or accessible, so wherever you are planning on visiting its probably best to call ahead and check what's open and what's closed.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
If you ever are in my neck of the woods (western Massachusetts) there are tons of places. Especially the Hoosac Tunnel, do a few searches on that its really weird, a LOT of death there when it was built and reports of many hauntings.
But Virginia I got nothing

I will put that in my notebook. Thanks! I'll definitely plan for it.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Hmm! Very interesting. That location will be among the top choices to visit in the future. Thank you very much.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not worried about it.

I'm not going there for fun or business. In fact I wouldn't be going back to Virginia if I could avoid it. I loathe going to Virginia to be honest.

Don't get me wrong the land is beautiful, but the state is corrupt.
edit on 852020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well anyhoo stay safe and enjoy your trip, not much in this world thats uncorrupted in this day of age all the same.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll be having a friend of mine tag along with me, so at least I won't be alone.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Alright yall. I've been checking out the spots y'all have told me about and I've been trying to check out some other spots, but Google keeps giving me the same results.

A lot of these things are events that take place at night it seems, and while I have some good gear, a nice digital camera, a nice film camera, and a drone, I don't have a good means to capture video at night. I don't have a night vision or thermal camera. So, I may need to look into purchasing one of those.

I'll do my best with the lighting I have available, but now that I've actually started making plans I've realized how I'm not actually as prepared as I thought I was.

There are a couple of locations that have activity at dusk so I may try to catch one of those.

The timeframe I'm looking at only allows me to check out one or two locations.

I've got a buddy tagging along with me, and while he's excited to check out some paranormal stuff with me I don't know if he'll be willing to trek all over the place.

My time frame for travel is basically a day and night towards my destination in Virginia, and day and night back to Tennessee.

I'm still trying to decide the best times for efficiency.

I hope I can capture something interesting though. I'm beginning to doubt that I will be able to though. Regardless, I will still be sharing whatever happens.
edit on 852020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow!

I don't know of any places for you to check out but I just wanted to let you know I have enjoyed reading all of the experiences you've shared here. Easy reading and extremely interesting and honestly somewhat deeply relatable.

I got my one third eye on you.

Also you should still come to the next ATS meeting! Would love to explore any haunted place with you and exchange stories.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Hey, thanks!

Did the date change for the meet up, or are we meeting up next year?

I'm open to sharing my stories any time. It's just that I don't remember them all.

I have a theory that due to the nature of my life I tend not to think about the weird occurences that have happened in my past. For instance let's say I saw a ghost today. Tomorrow I'd be back to worrying about regular life stuff. I'm just weird like that.

Whenever, I experience something odd it doesn't really seem like it's that out of place. It doesn't stick in my mind. Most of the times I can remember I'm just like huh, well that's odd, and continue on with my daily activities.

I kid you not. A UFO could come down right in front of my house, and aliens could come out and abduct a cow or something and the next day I would be waking up to go to work like nothing ever happened.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not. lol

I swear Jesus himself could show up and say that the end of the world is next week, and I'd be like well have fun with that.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ellwood Manor...

I spent many a night there recording evps.....you can record very clear evp's along with some other interesting phenomena.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Go to Ong's Hat in the Nj pine barrens. They have time machine there. And is Indrid Cold still in W. Virginia?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Okay cool. Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hi there,
I thought i would mention "Civil War forts, area of battles and cemetery, some do tend to have paranormal activity:-
www.army.mil...
www.amazon.co.uk...
www.virginiahauntedhouses.com...
www.fxva.com...
That should keep you busy, LOL!
You may want to contact or look at Virginia Paranormal Investigations on Facebook, they may be able to point you in the right direction:-
www.facebook.com...
edit on 9-5-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding info.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I will look into this. Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

Thank you for the links. I will check them out, and try to contact them.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Came across something about an old asylum/mental institution in Virginia that ran from the 1920s to 1995 on one of the Youtube channels that may be of interest to you.

Called the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, which might tick your paranormal tour box part of the trip.
edit on 9-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Definitely relating.

Even though I have held onto some things, I think in general I have always had that ability to move on when it's not super relevant to immediate survival. Sometimes I get mixed up about what is important/immediate, a little mindfulness helps with that.

I think it's a choice that we make depending on how pertinent it is to our survival. If you owned a ranch and the repeated UFO encounters seemed to positively correlate with strange and unexplained cattle death, I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy to ignore/move on from. But for me, even then, I might just sell the ranch, move away, and become something new and forget about the ranch, lol.

Yesterday or the day before somebody mentioned a thing that was said on Midnight Gospel, about how some comedians joke that maybe they wouldn't be funny anymore if they fixed their anxiety (in episode 2).

And I said that I'm not afraid to lose my identity for a chance at a better life. If I think that losing my self might open up even the slightest possibility that life could get better, like a life with less anxiety... then f-ck it I'm losing myself all the way.

But I think most people would hold onto their identities; the cattle rancher, the comedian, the artist, what and who would they be if they weren't those things?

And in a way those identities can get mixed up with survival as well, like how the comedian makes people laugh for a living so being funny is literally part of their survival. Therefore it's just a survival instinct to hold onto their anxiety if they think it's part of what makes them funny.

I do think there's something really cold about being able to let go and move on quickly, psychotic almost. It's more alien and less human, it opens you up to being able to do things that others would not be able to do. You can do a horrible thing and not think about it afterwards. Like Walter in Breaking Bad, where Jesse was always the more human character.

But there's also the danger of being taken advantage of too- now people can do anything to you knowing you'll just move on... specially if what they're doing is out of the norm and bizarre and not exactly pertinent to immediate survival, it'll be easier for you to ignore and move on from. Almost like forgiving an abusive partner over and over again- because you just keep forgiving and forgetting. As long as the bizarre incidents are not frequent, it won't force you to look at it too deeply and it'll all just slip in-between the cracks unseen and unacknowledged.

Have I said too much?

As for the next meet up, I'm not sure when that will be. I'll def reach out to you when I know more.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, bad news everyone. I'm not heading to Virginia this weekend. Can't make it. Kinda irritated about it, but whatever. That's life.

Maybe I'll take this as an opportunity to upgrade some of my gear, get new gear, probably a new computer finally, and make a solid plan.

Sorry. But stay tuned in. I fully intend to stay committed to investigating or at least documenting my adventures.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Alright, so next week I have three days off in a row. Which is even better than just two days.

Next week will definitely be the week. Even if I have to fly to Virginia and then take my time coming back.

I'll see if I can find a cheap computer. That will make uploading pictures and videos a lot easier.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join