It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last three bags of sugar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I like sugar to be as dark as possible , putting molasses sugar on my cereal , if I can get it.

So I went shopping today with my mask on , sanitiser and card in the trolley .

Sugar is on the list along with the things you're not going to be getting much of soon , if at all.

So I roll up to the sugar section , and a muffled "oh f**£ " emanates from my face .

A shop stocker comes round and she's looking at the empty shelves , up and down , same as me .

I say " are you going to be getting some soon ? " , giving her a wink. But she looks back , worried .

"I don't know" she says .

A famine is on its way . There was hardly any rice .

I took the last three bags of muesli

I took the last three bags of sugar

There were nuts . Thankfully .

I had to reach right under for dried fruit .

There was one bag of salt left .

I took it . And three box of rock salt .

Sh'e ite is hitting the fan .

But all some want to do is reopen or argue left and right . Still saying , " bring the fear " as if reality was some kind of scare tactic .

You've lost the plot here and you're going to lose the game of life. You're going to starve if you're not more careful .

The last three bags of sugar , not the white there was some of that , but it's good for nothing . Don't want them , don't need them . Useless weight.

They were soft brown , and I took them with me .
All three .

edit on 7-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The supermarkets around me are nearly full with everything- minus toilet paper and major brand-hand sanitizer & surface wipes.

A food shortage of some kind is approaching, especially for 3rd world countries.. but you sir are fear mongering

edit on 7-5-2020 by Shadys321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, if you know a farmer, ask them if they are going to have beef for sale.
I have a 1/2 coming in September, so between that, and what I grow in the garden this year, my shelves will be full.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I see your Silicon Valley ? That might explain it some.

Where I am, you can get almost everything..... even PEZ refills

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I too am fond of molasses

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Damn, we are down to two bags of sugar in reserve, I guess I need to go buy some before it is hard to find. What good is having ten bags of chocolate chips in stock if you have not got any sugar to use to make cookies. We bought a lot of chocolate chips before christmas, they were on sale and had a coupon too, they cost a buck and a quarter a bag. Now...WOW..Two fifty a bag on sale. I should go stock up on sugar, I have cherry freezer jam to make in the end of July, and in the end of June I will be using up about six bags to make strawberry freezer jam. Then there is the blueberries and blackberries we go into the woods to pick, all of those need sugar to make pies out of.....we probably should get ten four pound bags of pure cane sugar.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Grow some sugar beets and make your own.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So was the store running low on any real food or just brown sugar? Was there any white sugar perhaps? I didn’t know not getting our preference in empty calories was indicative a famine.

a reply to: DoctorBluechip

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You know. It's ironic that this was the kind of thing that was totally predictable for decades. I can remember hearing educated people warn of a serious pandemic in the flippin 80s. Our nanny state government absolutely never came out and told us to prep. For anything. Not only did they not even bother trying to prepare for a pandemic themselves. They also did not level with us and say "Look. If bad stuff happens, we're all screwed so you better stock up and stay stocked up"

What were they doing instead? Fighting with Arabs mostly. Catering to the whims of Wall Street. Fighting the drug epidemic that came out of the fact that life in this country is so flippin miserable that you almost have to drug yourself into a stupor to enjoy anything.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I’m not sure where you are, but where I’m at, there aren’t those kinds of shortages. In my neck of the woods, it depends on what store you go to. My favorite store is the cheapest and has the best selection of stuff, but half the time I go there now, they are out of random stuff. So this week, I did my grocery shopping at the nice store that is always stocked, but is considerably more expensive. I didn’t need that much anyway, so I went there. They even had a lot of meat, which was a nice surprise. The only thing they were out of were wipes. They had everything else though, including plenty of sugar. I’m making homemade chocolate chip cookies, so I got some brown sugar and other stuff for the cookies. If I really need anything from now on, I’ll just go to the expensive store that is really clean and is seldom out of stock.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You are indeed fearmongering.

Anyone with any sense would have bought bags and bags of sugar many weeks ago and have a good stock. Same for flour, pasta etc.

I did so I can make lots of jam when the fruit in my garden is ready. I cannot eat it all in one go so jam jam jam.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This must be a very regional thing. Went to Costco today. It was absolutely filled to the brim with everything, including meat. The meat section was hilarious. They had a limit of three packages of fresh meat. Now here’s the kicker, Costco packages of meat are bulk sized to begin with. Well, these packages of meat were the largest I’ve ever seen. They were basically filling the meat trays as full as possible, literally double it’s normal size, which is huge to begin with. All the dairy was super cheap. Something struck me as vey odd. They had lots of bulk rice, and it seemed very cheap, much cheaper than normal.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Ummm...I’ve got a large bag of coconut blossom nectar...it’s an unrefined organic brown sugar replacement...and very tasty...

I picked it up at a Sams Club...next time I’m there to shop Ima pick me up some more...if they have any in stock...

If you haven’t tried it yet...it’s really good...

YouSir

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I never buy sugar anyways 🤷‍♂️

There's more than enough in every sweetened product on the market. Gobs of it, an unhealthy amount.

Hell, I switched to low carb a while back and even make my rum n cokes with diet soda. Grapefruit juice for some natural sugar if im being bougie and can afford it because it's $3-$4 a carton versus $1 for a 2-liter, which is some amount more fluid.

I eat mostly meat and cheese with some pasta, bread or rice thrown in a few times a week. The way they recommend eating red meat? That's how I eat carbs.

Anyways, I'm sure coffee and tea drinkers need sugar for their preferred delicacy, but I'd hardly consider it essential to be able to purchase it by itself. Grab a bag of chocolates, some ice cream or something.

Edit: Speaking of coffee, when I used to drink it everyday, I preferred to sweeten it with chocolate syrup versus sugar anyways. My palette has changed drasticly with age and when I hit my mid 30s, I just don't like it so much anymore. That's how you know your body doesn't want it. It tastes.. almost sickly, like gross.
edit on 8-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Some slight shortages of some brand names here in the hinterlands of North East England but can get more or less what I want every time I go shopping - which I do frequently for my myslef, my wife who is supposd to be in lockdown for 12 weeks, my daughter who is a nurse, my 9 year old grandson, my parents who are both in their 70's and my disabled and handicapped younger brother who my parents are full time carers for.

I think there's potential for more shortages later in the year if crops aren't harvested and international trade doesn't increase but I doubt on the magnitude that your usual scaremongering implies.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

So you do not cook or bake yourself it seems.

Your perceived freedom from sugar is just relying on someone else to put it in your food.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
no one has made any comment on the anti social fooknuttery of the OP - and his panic / hoader buying

is this the new normal ?

1 kg of sugar [ std bag ] - last me over 2 months

top topics

join