It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Supremes overturn Unconstitutional case

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Finally some news worth of Lady Justice.

The salon owner trying to feed her kids is the winner. The Texas Supreme Court overturns ruling on Shelly Luther. Clearly, a line was crossed of the right to the pursuit of happiness if no other with the CV 19. People are suffering a fate of destitution over this mess.

noqreport.com...
JUSTICE!

With the DOJ dropping the charges on Flynn, we are off to the races!

Next up, how about some arrests of the perps involved with the conspiracy. The whole damn world sees we have some people like Schiff dead to rights, a Biden who has been getting paid for a political favor to his criminal dad and the Obama administration sweating bullets. Comey for Gitmo!

We needed this day. CV 19 fear and lock down is being proven largely to be based on a hoax and it is time to throw off the shackles.

edit on 7-5-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thankfully they did what was right here.
Seriously messed up justice system right now,
where she could be in jail, but someone who
commited a crime against her might be out free
because of a Covid 19 virus!

Glad to see it!

edit on 7-5-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Finally... Texans can stop looking like hippies!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Yeah I'm getting really shaggy myself.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I'm happy to see people fighting back and at least some courts supporting those fighting back.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Glad to see it!

lolz

Prisons are releasing rapists so the don't catch the covid, but are putting people in prison who go outside who might catch the covid.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: burntheships

Glad to see it!

lolz

Prisons are releasing rapists so the don't catch the covid, but are putting people in prison who go outside who might catch the covid.

Woe unto those who call evil good.

Releasing rapists says someone called them good enough to be released. The quickness of some of the criminal acts after release will be our clue as to whom is responsible. No excusing the criminals but the Judges who decided this should be brought up on charges for aiding and abetting Felonious activity.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Your Governor did sound like he wasn't putting up with this but needs to go further I think.

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Yeah I'm getting really shaggy myself.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This case made my day, today, I am very happy for the lady, she is a true hero, stood by her believes and now she goes free. A good day for the America worker.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
She was jailed for contempt of court, not keeping her shop open.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude

Huh?

You can’t be jailed for contempt of court if you haven’t already been brought to court as a defendant or subpoenaed to testify. Sort of like how you can’t be jailed for violation of probation if you weren’t already serving probation for another crime.

So then, if she was jailed for contempt of court then would you mind telling us what case and in what division of which court she was jailed in contempt of?

Booking video of Dallas salon owner Shelly Luther, who was fined and sentenced to seven days in jail for intentionally violating an order to shutter her business during the COVID-19 outbreak.

edit on 5/8/2020 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Thank you for the value added information Coldwisdom.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no law or sentencing guidelines for keeping a shop closed? and while the gov. has ordered it, it is by no mean a law. I can't speak for the laws in texas, but the superior judge I sleep with every night said while contempt is not a easy process, it is within the courts rights to do so, and was most likely the response for not apologizing?
There is a handful of places you do not be disrespectful...people who cook and serve your food, a hospital that you are a patient in, the DMV, a cop , and in court. I'm sure there are many others, but the above are golden.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

The eyes of Texas behold a Judge being disrespectful of the law.

The defendant was neither sorry for "being selfish" (fact not in evidence) nor was she going to close her shop.
In this case, any admission to the contrary would've been a lie (under oath) -
an insincere apology could be cause for a charge of Aggravated Perjury.

ganjoa

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude

Perhaps that court that has an obvious power tripping judge whose ego is so fragile they jail anyone who doesn't kiss "your honor's" ass shouldn't be so contemptible. I mean that, this country's judges are out of control and out of line all over the nation. They deserve contempt and, in more than few cases, outright hostility.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Judge got mad because she wouldn't apologize for being selfish. She told him she didn't think feeding her kids and giving her stylists the chance to make a few bucks when they were going hungry so their kids wouldn't was all that selfish, so she refused to apologize. He threw whatever he could at her for saying that.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What kind of subjective BS kangaroo court doles out justice by compelling a defendant to apologize to it or face jail time? Ether a crime was committed requiring punitive action or it wasn't; if an apology is all it takes to get off I'm guessing a crime worth prosecuting wasn't committed.

Sounds like some of these judges experience a mad power trip when they put on the robe.

top topics

join