It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add another to the COV death count, Journalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We have all seen the steady ramp up of fake news, opinion journalism, the political and personal tit for tat from those who wear the title of “journalist”. Long lost is the integrity that comes with providing the people with JUST the facts. Journalism now only offers opinions. The outcome of what information means is provided along with the facts. We are not given the choice to come to our own concussions, they are told to us.

COV has taken another, this time journalism to the grave. Was it ever perfect? Of course not. However, we now live in an age where the news which we use to make informed decisions about how we handle our lives can manipulate all information to reach a desired outcome. We have been forced into two camps, those who simply believe what they are told, and those who are forced to question everything. It’s not a philosophical debate, or an interpretation of facts. It’s simply control and indoctrination into the opinion set of your choice l, but you will never be given the facts.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
........We are not given the choice to come to our own concussions, they are told to us.

Eh?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I was pissed at Don Lemon and maybe someone can call me out and say no wait DOn Lemon did do a report on the Georgia shooting incident. I dont know but I turned his show on last night. and Guess what I saw more corona virus coverage.

As one of the main black jounralist/achors on national television I think you have a responsibility to talk about this story. and not your mandated corona virus coverage

again I didnt watch his whole program. so maybe he did.

Sorry But i have a rant about a specific journalist.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Every story has a bit of hyperbole to it, people see the worst. It's just the 'sell' they need that their thinking or printing. In a year from now when this is all but a memory and everyone on earth is in rebound mode, we Americans will demand things as they WERE basically. And will not stand for otherwise .....

This is not the end of the 'something-something' it will pass, it isn't permanent. Look at the 70's gas crisis, look at 911, each mass shooting.... yea things went sideways, but then recovered, not much different than before..

Just a thought.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I was pissed at Don Lemon and maybe someone can call me out and say no wait DOn Lemon did do a report on the Georgia
again I didnt watch his whole program. so maybe he did.

Sorry But i have a rant about a specific journalist.

He did, and he also spoke to the man's mother.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

okay I didnt see that. I take back my statement.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Journalism has been dead for a long time. So has comedy. It is all controlled one-sided state sponsored propaganda now.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

........We are not given the choice to come to our own concussions, they are told to us.

Eh?

In other words, if they want our opinion they will give it to us.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: smurfy

Eh?

In other words, if they want our opinion they will give it to us.

Eh?

new topics

top topics

join