It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the coronavirus lockdowns, skeptical experts tell Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
End The Coronavirus Lockdowns

WASHINGTON — Testifying at a Senate hearing on the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday afternoon, conservative economist Avik Roy deployed one of President Trump’s favorite metaphors for discussing the outbreak, which has killed more than 71,000 Americans. “Thirty-seven thousand Americans die each year in traffic fatalities, and yet we don’t shut down the roads,” said Roy, president of the Foundation for Research on Equal Opportunity. He called vehicular accidents “a good mental framework for how to live with COVID-19,” referring to the lower respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.

Well I have been watching this entire episode since back in December and still don't know squat. What I do know is that the numbers do not add up with respect to overall deaths. Actually the only number that I have been watching is the final tally. Meaning those who die versus those who survive and are apparently no longer infected.

What I do know is that the global death rate reached a high of 21% of those infected globally died. That was sometime back in March. Several days ago it dropped to 17%.

COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Its also very strange of infecting these countries; USA, Spain, Italy, UK, France and Germany. Then comes the rest of the world.

CORONAVIRUS LIVE MAP

I am not here to debate all. My federal contacts also are confused. I just wanted to release this article to indicate that possibly our politicians are coming around. Or, is it because they want Joe Biden in and they have to do it the old fashioned way, via voting booths?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Or, is it because they want Joe Biden in and they have to do it the old fashioned way, via voting booths?

Yeah, must be those pesky conservatives shilling for Sniffy:

...conservative economist Avik Roy deployed one of President Trump’s favorite metaphors...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You were right months ago on the COVID-19 situation.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You were right months ago on the COVID-19 situation.

Because I'm a very stable genius playing 4D chess.

And that I'm also not a hysteric.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Looks like I'm driving to West Virginia or Maine for a haircut.

I guess it comes down to do I also want a lobster roll or some meth for me to make my final decision.

+7 more 
posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Politicians saw an opportunity to infect the country with their control, abuse of power, and draconian authoritarian mandates.

They have destroyed a booming economy, made millions more unemployed, and have created an entire new class of people dependent on government.

Covid-19 is an authoritarians dream.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like I'm driving to West Virginia or Maine for a haircut.

We're Going To Need A Bigger Fedora!
----------------------------------------------
edit on 7-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think that this was the 1st test to see if they could pull it off. They could and did.

Now that Kim Jong Un is back in the news and on the rise I would not be surprised if he gets into the Level IV lab stuff. I have no clue why Putin just presented him with a WWII medal? We know he loves anything rockets. He could pack the stuff in one of his rockets and send it our way loaded with some Level IV grade sauce and seasoning.

This is only the end of round one.

More to come.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Your were entirely pragmatic. However it shows that we all can be controlled by those who rule us. This may tame and set back the NWO agenda. I do believe we will have another two or three more outbreaks. However people may be waking up to the hidden dark agenda.

Especially when Facebook , YouTube and Twitter are going overboard with their censorship of anything agoing against the MSM message. When I see that it absolute propaganda.

Here's your COVID-19 prediction medals. Now your a 5 STAR General AM

edit on 7-5-2020 by Waterglass because: massive typos

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This may tame and set back the NWO adgenda.

No, it won't. The majority of the bootlicking sheeple snacks fell right in line when told what to do for their 'safety'.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Excellent charts thanks. I haven't had a haircut since March. I now look like back in the late 1970's and my hair is becoming curly. Wife loves it.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You are right on that one. So how can they top COVID-19. A nuke launch?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Not necessary. All it will take is another ineffectual pandemic.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That would do it also. That's what they will probably do. Its less messy. Later, I have to go to work. Good luck.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That would do it also. That's what they will probably do. Its less messy. Later, I have to go to work. Good luck.

Less messy, and they don’t have to quantify their actions. As has just been proven. Just throw out bogus numbers and the sheeple will believe.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What I do know is that the global death rate reached a high of 21% of those infected globally died. That was sometime back in March. Several days ago it dropped to 17%.

What? Are you actually saying you think the Covid-19 mortality rate was at 21%? Are you completely nuts? That was the rate of people who died after being hospitalized in serious condition. The numbers literally right next to those say that 98% of current active cases are mild, and only 2% are serious. That's not even accounting for the vast majority of infected people not being tested or documented. You need to learn how to look at data.
edit on 5/7/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

“Thirty-seven thousand Americans die each year in traffic fatalities, and yet we don’t shut down the roads,”

Yes we do, when they're unsafe. We also have implemented speed limits, traffic rules for lane changes and Uturns, right turns and left turns. Headlights need to be functional and used at night, during foggy hours and on winding mountain roads. We have seat belt laws, child seat laws, no texting and hand free laws. No drinking and driving law, and DUI laws.

You have to be licensed to drive and your car must be registered, before you hit the road. Some states require you have a trash bag in your car, so that you don't break the law and litter.

We enacted these laws, and obey these laws to mitigate accidents and save lives.

We can do the same for the temporary Covid 19 public health crisis. The CDC compiled a set of guidance's for reopening the country, from pre-schools to summer camps, restaurants and theme parks...but the Trump Administration shelved it. www.documentcloud.org...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Back when you could load up a whole Little League team in the back of a truck to celebrate a win, no one could
contaminate the whole world by eating a bat. We were a little tougher back then.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Given that I buzz it down like boot camp, it doesn’t matter to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join