It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public urged to treat media reports with caution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Public urged to treat media reports of lockdown measures being lifted with caution

Northern Ireland secretary Brandon Lewis has urged the public to treat media reports of possible lockdown measures being released with caution.

Mr Lewis told BBC Breakfast: "Well we haven't made any final decisions on these issues yet."

He added: "I would just say to viewers and people watching and listening, I would just urge some caution around... although we believe we are through the peak of this virus we are very cautious to ensure that we don't get a second peak."

Mr Lewis continued: "I would say to people that the current government position is very clear that where you can work from home you should, we should stay home wherever we can."

He added: "I would just say to people to not get too carried away with what we may be reading and just wait until the government guidelines and the prime minister's statement."

Mr Lewis said: "I would really urge caution. The safest thing to do at the moment with this virus and the way it spreads is wherever you can stay home."

link

It's not everyday you get government ministers telling you not to heed the media.

This shows the disparity in opinion developing . On one hand you have business leaders pressuring anyone that counts to get the public back at work ....they're trying to get the media to soften people up.

And on the other hand you have the sane and sensible ones , thankfully the ones holding the reins , that realise ... as soon as you do open up , there will be a second wave .

It's obvious isn't it ? You go back to normal life , you get what a pandemic normally does ...which is spread . And fast in this case.

At this point the figures we re now getting are what Corona can do despite a lockdown , which is 4000 plus cases a day. These figures probably reflect the early part of the lockdown , before people hit a bit braver and started to excercise the limited rights they do have.

Worryingly though , death figures have jumped again sharply in the UK to nearly 34 000. Maybe they added more extra figures like those discovered dead at home. Care home deaths are apparently on the rise.
Dominic Raab , who will know what's what , appeared at the daily briefing a couple of days ago looking and sounding decidedly washed out and worried.

Perhaps he or they know something we don't , and that would perhaps be that the lockdown is not working . By the time Corona gets into tightly packed communities it's likely to take off rapidly , and those people are walking round outside going to heavily used shops .. and crucially the same shops .

There's a couple of threads today that indicate the severity of Corona and it is looking like its going to be severe and prolonged . That it will damage the economy possibly beyond repair. That it will change life as we knew it , even more.

Take the advice of the minister. Stay out of the way of it . And meanwhile think .... you need to adapt to survive too

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

as soon as you do open up , there will be a second wave .

So how long do we keep this up ? Another month ? 6 months ? A year ? Till a vaccine is available ? How long does it take to inoculate an entire planet ?
ETA : Will the vaccine be mandatory ? What about those who refuse ? Seems the way some think these days, we should get a nice yellow star to wear on our clothes.
…... "cause that work out just great last time, huh ?

Perhaps he or they know something we don't , and that would perhaps be that the lockdown is not working

And yet your every message is basically the same "Fear everything and listen to Big Brother. Let the government run your life."

No one is trying to force You to go anywhere. Stay home and be afraid as long as you like. The rest of us want to get on with our lives and are tired of the pearl clutchers.

edit on 7-5-2020 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

(post by DoctorBluechip removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think most people on ATS no better than to take the media at face value. I have developed into a person that doesn’t trust easily because of how many times I have been lied to by people, government and especially the media.
edit on 2020/5/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join