It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows 6.3 Million People Could Develop Tuberculosis Because of Coronavirus Lockdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: Grambler

if all of these people are ignoring the lockdown orders, why isn’t their per capita deaths much worse than countries that are locked down??

Because they're not testing.

The tb outbreak will be caused by the economic fallout and failure to treat tb now by medical professionals because of fear of coronavirus, not regular people ignoring lockdown orders

So, the huge TB outbreaks in Bangladesh and the Philippines are at those large numbers because they've been so good at testing and treating TB?

Bam...you just solved it.
Dont test and Sars Covid will go away...like magic

Is that what you think I was advocating?

No, it was laughable sarcasm poking fun at the idea.
I always get a chuckle when people point at 3rd world nations and stuff and say their outbreak of covid is less serious than ours...well yeah, don't test people and it will show less people having it.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The feeling I get.. and it being stated blatantly in my range of hearing in my department.. is that our citizens are to just idiotic and are totally incapable of practicing safe distancing and disinfection. Authoritarians AKA the new liberals... they simply know whats good for you better then you do yourself. Since they are so incompetent, we have to stop everything and lockdown/quarantine. By force if necessary. With the power of the law behind us, we can force you. Curious isnt it... rhetorical question.

The curious unavailability of masks, gloves, any bleach, Lysol, any kind of disinfection or sanitization supply at any store near me... NO hand sanitizer.. and the scarcity online at the usual places ( Hell even dettol is gone) and limits on purchases of crappy 50% alcohol and peroxide.. they are kind of forcing a situation where people WILL go out and not be adequately prepared to disinfect and go a little beyond for a novel virus. Its a snake eating its own tail... self fulfilling prophecy.

Now dont get me wrong, this is a bad virus. This is a virus that I recently learned has mutated to be even more virulent and serious. The 2nd "wave" of this has the potential to be a MFer... being proactive is imperative. Unfortunately you cant be very proactive since you cant obtain any supplies.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They couldn't get treatment or food before CV, in those areas, which is why their TB and starvation numbers are already sky high.

Except that is a lie, I sourced it. The estimate is 9 million people would have starved. Now the estimate is 18 million people will starve. That means there are 9 million people who COULD have gotten food, who now can't.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Seems to me it's global. The US is just one country that is being affected. 66% of new infections in NY are people who are staying home, not working, not doing anything. They are not carpooling, not using public transportation, not going to work, they are literally just staying home.

So we have lockdowns that are ineffective, and more people will die and suffer because of the responses to Covid-19 than from Covid-19 itself.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

perhaps i missed it, but how does a stay at home order create TB in otherwise healthy people?

Person A has symptoms. They do not go to the hospital because of Covid-19. They get no treatment and infect others.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I’m more worried about the projected additional 30 million who will die from starvation this year alone due to reduction in aid.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

TB is completely curable plus it's contracted through airborn drop[lets containing the infection so I don't see how lockdown would increase the chances of that happening.

The report was commissioned by Stop TB Partnership , seems they are worried about funding.

The global response to COVID-19 has slowed the spread of the virus for now but is
continuing to cause serious, short and longer term, disruptions to the programmes for other
major diseases. For tuberculosis (TB) in particular, lockdowns on society are already
showing signs of severely curtailing diagnosis and notifications

Not develop because of but go undiagnosed because of.

This analysis does not address direct interactions between TB and the SARS-CoV-2,
although early evidence suggests that pre-existing TB infection may be a strong risk factor
for severe outcomes
(

As COVID is a repertory disease that's hardly surprising.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Well now some experts are saying 6.3 million people could get tuberculosis because of lock downs in response to the cornonavirus.

Good thing high dose Vitamin C can cure eliminate all symptoms of TB...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
Yea. Vitamin C cures everything. Look it up. From polio to Lyme disease to cancer. It's a miracle drug. Why not throw AIDS and COVID in there as well? Works on everything else (allegedly).

Although it didn't do anything to cure my 4yrs with Chronic Lyme. But hey, I was probably doing it wrong.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: tanstaafl
Yea. Vitamin C cures everything. Look it up.

No need, I am well aware of this fact.

From polio to Lyme disease to cancer. It's a miracle drug. Why not throw AIDS and COVID in there as well? Works on everything else (allegedly).

Although it didn't do anything to cure my 4yrs with Chronic Lyme. But hey, I was probably doing it wrong.

Vitamin C doesn't work as well on long standing (chronic) conditions... but it can help over time, and very likely end up curing it.

So, yeah, maybe you were doing it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join