It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows 6.3 Million People Could Develop Tuberculosis Because of Coronavirus Lockdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We have to trust the experts!

We have to take worse case scenarios seriously!

Well now some experts are saying 6.3 million people could get tuberculosis because of lock downs in response to the cornonavirus.

A recent study warned that up to 6.3 million people could develop tuberculosis over the next five years because of the long-term implications of new coronavirus lockdowns.

The 6.3 million worldwide cases account for the worst-case scenario where lockdowns last for three months, followed by 10 months of recovery until normal tuberculosis services resume. In the best-case scenario–a two-month lockdown and a two-month recovery–there will be about 1.8 million new cases by 2025.

www.newsweek.com...

How many people could die as a result?

Along with an increase in cases, the report found in the worst-case scenario 1.37 million people could die and in the best-case scenario, there could be 342,500 deaths.

1.37 million.

As of today, 264,811 have died worldwide from the coronavirus.

www.worldometers.info...

We have to trust the experts, right? We couldnt question the lock down,or we wanted people to die, right?

So now that more people are predicted to die from the lockdown of just one disease (which doesnt take into account other diseases, malnutrition, poverty, over doses, etc.) than have currently died of coronavirus, and the lockdowns takeaway our rights and are destroying the economy, why should we continue with it?

I was told by opposing the lockdown, I didnt care about the people that would die.

Does that mean the people supporting this lockdown want 1.37 million to die of tuberculosis?

edit on 6-5-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Over 5 years 🙄

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Over 5 years 🙄

Oh so no need to worry then?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Over 5 years 🙄

At this pace, the flu (hacks up lung vile) Covid-19, will reasonably equate.
edit on 6-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Over 5 years 🙄

So because they won't die tomorrow their death doesn't matter to you?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that TB testing and services are considered essential. Do you have any data regarding TB testing and servicing being denied to patients here in the USA, due to CV?

Otherwise, it doesn't seem that the US has a large TB problem to begin with, and US states can't be held responsible lock downs in India, Afghanistan, Kenya and Russia.

tbfacts.org...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This is not just the US, this is worldwide. Or do those lives not matter?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How is a shut down/stay at home order in New York, California or Florida gonna help or harm TB victims in the Philippians or China? As far as I can see TB testing and services are still available here in the US.

edit on 6-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How is a shut down/stay at home order in New York, California or Florida gonna help or harm TB victims in the Philippians or China? As far as I can see TB testing and services are still available here in the US.

the same organizations pushing the lockdowns in the US are the ones doing this study, and saying we need lockdowns in all of these countries.

USAID, Imperial College, etc.

Will the US locking down affect this, probably not.

Nonetheless, TB deaths will sky rocket according to these experts because of the lockdown, which leads to questioning why the people pushing worldwide lockdowns, like those doing this study, dont care about these deaths.

Or could it be that they dont wont these eople to do, and are just weighing the cost benefits of what they think is the best possible option?

Nah, we were told if we want a plan that leads to people dying, we WANT those people to die.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I think under developed countries that are already seeing extreme health issues, like rural India, Bangladesh and Russia are gonna see rising deaths in many other areas, like TB, because CV is overwhelming their health care systems, regardless of retails shut downs and stay at home orders.

edit on 6-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Is this a US only thing? I didn't realize Covid-19 was contained to the US borders.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And further more this shows in general the unintended medical costs of a shutdown.

My area has already seen local hospitals downsize and furlough employees. Essential medical services are being deemd non essential and people are suffering.

How much will tests and treatments for all sorts of diseases such as TB suffer under the lockdown and subsequent economic depression that will result from these lockdowns?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
DP
edit on 6-5-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Is this a US only thing?

Yes. US city and state retail shut downs and stay at home orders have no affect on TB patients in the Philippines. Trade has not been interrupted, other than global fights over PPE and testing agents. China is still getting their midwestern pork.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think under developed countries that are already seeing extreme health issues, like rural India, Bangladesh and Russia are gonna see rising deaths in many other areas, like TB, because CV is overwhelming their health care systems, regardless of retails shut downs and stay at home orders.

Actually starvation alone in underdeveloped countries is scheduled to outpace Covid deaths. Up to 9 million are predicted to starve because of the global response to Covid. That's 9 million in one year alone.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

How much will tests and treatments for all sorts of diseases such as TB suffer under the lockdown and subsequent economic depression that will result from these lockdowns?

Do you honestly think that the residents of ghettos in Ecuador and Bangladesh are abiding by stay at home orders?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's nice to know you think Covid-19 doesn't extend outside the US and no one else in the world is being affected. Allow me to correct you, it does.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Do you honestly think that the residents of ghettos in Ecuador and Bangladesh are abiding by stay at home orders?

Who cares if they are or are not if they can't get treatments or food?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

They couldn't get treatment or food before CV, in those areas, which is why their TB and starvation numbers are already sky high.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The tb outbreak will be caused by the economic fallout and failure to treat tb now by medical professionals because of fear of coronavirus, not regular people ignoring lockdown orders

Also, if all of these people are ignoring the lockdown orders, why isn’t their per capita deaths much worse than countries that are locked down??
edit on 6-5-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join