It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Korea Warns US-S. Korean Military Drill Could Result in "Actual War"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
US and South Korea are planning military exercises are aimed at improving the ability of U.S. and South Korean forces to defend South Korea against "external aggression." The manuvers are scheduled for next week. North Korea is protesting, and asking that the planned manuvers be canceled, saying they could lead to war.

www.khaleejtimes.com< br /> SEOUL - North Korea warned on Sunday that annual US-South Korean military exercises due to start this week and designed to deter any military threat from the Stalinist country could turn into “an actual war”.

The North’s cabinet newspaper, Minju Joson, said the week-long military maneuvers beginning on March 19 in South Korea should be called off.

“There is no guarantee that the large-scale joint military exercises will not go over to an actual war,” Minju Joson said in a commentary carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

“The US and the South Korean authorities should immediately cancel their plan for the provocative joint military exercises against (North Korea).”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While the article comes from an unusual source, it is also noted in the Air Force Times article listed below. The ongoing argument with North Korea over Nuclear arms continues to escallate, and the manuvers will push the issue by showing the current military capabilities, and continue to exert pressure on North Korea back into six-nation talks aimed at persuading it give up its nuclear weapons program.

Related News Links:
www.airforcetimes.com

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
this pussy footing with korea has to end we should just nuke them and turn there land into a parking lot

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Could you go to Korea before they nuke it please?

Would you still want them to nuke it if you were there?

Are you saying that, you, one person is better than all

the souls of the North Korean population put together?

You are Evil. May God have mercy upon you and let

light shine into your soul. May he lift his countenance

upon you and grant you peace. In the Name of the

Father, Son and Holy Spirt

Amen

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree with takemeout. Kim Jong Il is a joke and we shouldn't waste any more time talking with him.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What an ignorant first reply. I like how you make such assertions, yet you can't produce a complete sentence, the first term you used makes no sense, and you can't even spell 'their' right. I guess it's very fitting for such a response though. Time to brush this ignorant troll under the carpet.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow, takemeout, you really put a lot of thought into that post, eh? Nuke them all?

Anyone who advises 'nuking' any other country should be taken out, as your nick suggests. Taken out and dunked in the horse trough.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Seven US CVs are available and employable to the Korean Peninsula by the end of 2005 IF North Korea commence a major military invasion of South Korea. This would be the largest convergence of US CVs since the Korean War 50+ years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

www.globalsecurity.org...

In Operation Iraqi Freedom, March 2003, only 4 US CVs were employed in that campaign. The five other CVs were elsewhere, in America or at the sea.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow really stupid first reply...

We should just ignore Nth Korea, the power they have comes from the power we give them.

If the west stops the exercises then we have given power to Nth Korea to decide our policies.

On the contrary, have the exercises, and if they are lucky, Nth Korea will try something. Just the excuse the west needs, especially when they are geared up for a fight anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
mabye i did not make my self clear before

i belive that nk is a threat to the world as a whole
if they are not stoped and dealt with i fear the outcome

ok is that better than nuking them

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I agree with takemeout. Kim Jong Il is a joke and we shouldn't waste any more time talking with him.

So you want to kill millions of innocents, grow up and step into reality. In reality NK is NOT a threat to the world as a whole. I say we just leave them alone like NetChicken said.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
North Korea warns America that it's war games could lead to
'real war'.

Hmmmmm - where have I heard that before? Oh yes ... every
stinking year that I was in the Army and stationed in Japan.
(I was stationed in Japan at Camp Zama 1983-1986)
Our war mission was Korea. If Korea went up, we were to be
the first ones in. Each and every war game was met with the
same B.S. from N. Korea. Trying to flex it's muscles when it
was really just a 98 pound weakling.

N. Korea's leader is a spoiled 2 year old holding his breath and
stomping his feet 'look at me, look at me!'.

I'm sure D.C. is listening and is very prepared to deal with the
two year old that he is.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by takemeout
mabye i did not make my self clear before

i belive that nk is a threat to the world as a whole
if they are not stoped and dealt with i fear the outcome

ok is that better than nuking them

How old are you?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I do support ignoring them, I don't think anything would bother Kim more than totally ignoring him, I say stop talking and do all the military exercises we can possibly do.

If he moves a muscle, then nuke him.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i am 16 years old

why do you ask

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am astounded that anyone still thinks "Nuke 'em" is a solution.

Ever heard of atmospheric winds? Fallout? Long term contamination? Mutation? Chronic debilitating illness?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ok god i take back what i said about the whole nuke them thing

what i meant was that i see nk as a threat, a serious threat that needs to be dealt with

and my first post was more to be humerous than anything else
i do understand the results of fallout and such

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Aside from all the fall-out and crap like that... I'm truly sickened at all of you ...

nukes should be controlled by no one...
BUT if the US government seems to think they're responsible enough to have them, than so is ANY other country...

Using a gun to disarm someone of their gun doesn't work .. unless you shoot them, but that's just plain stupid.. violence is a direct message that your intelligence is lacking...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... THEY haven't Nuked anyone .. The only people who have nuked ANYONE is the United States.. that alone should speak for itself..

EDIT: and for those ignorant folks... Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you should nuke them ... or hurt them ... People disagree.. SO WHAT!... FFS... Not everyone has to believe the same crap as you ... Just because they think different affects you? ... well boy aren't we easy to pursuade...

[edit on 13/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Look, I'm not necessarily for "nuking" North Korea. But I do believe that something must be done. The forces of Good in this world can no longer sit by and allow millions to continue to suffer and starve at the hands of ruthless dictators.

When is enough, enough? When do we say no more murdering new born Korean babies? When do we say no more testing chemical weapons on political prisoners? When do we say no more digging up graveyards to avoid starvation?

MILLIONS of people are facing a daily horror that cannot be imagined over here. Even sadder, they don't know the difference. They are so isolated from the real world that they accept the conditions they live in as being normal, and likely superior to other countries. The strategies we have taken against the North Korean government for the past 50 years have FAILED to make a positive change for its people. It is time that the world UNITE for the greater good of human civilization, and regardless of differences in the past, make it known to the Dictator Kim Jong Il that the days of starving and abusing his people to keep his grip on power are drawing to a close!

I know there are many other problems in the world. There are many other people starving. But I say we start with the worst regime and work our way down.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The only threat N. Korea has to fear is itself. The fear of "Implosion." Maybe when takemeout finishes grade school and takes some vocabulary classes, will he be able to make a responsible and adult stab at the topic he replied to. Just because you are the" Worlds Leading Industrialized Nation" does not always mean actually using your biggest stick on the smallest bug. So just what are the N. Koreans going to do other than stomp around and wish they had 1/10th of the life we enjoy as Americans.? They need constant supervision just like a small child(and burped too),and the best thing we can do is to stand our ground and let them get as mad as they wish. Invading the South would not be hailed as his best move. If their "Dear Leader" wishes to attend his own funeral by invading the South, maybe his countrymen would then enjoy the taste of Pepsi, or having some real meat to go with their small bowls of rice as that they are forced to live on while "Dear Leader" prances around in jumpsuits and has displayed tendencies of your average run-of-the-mill crossdresser.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
The forces of Good in this world can no longer sit by and allow millions to continue to suffer and starve at the hands of ruthless dictators.

And who gets to nominate the 'forces of good in this world'? Hate to wake you up, but theres no such thing as 'Good' and 'Evil' - just shades of gray. Any regime in this world can do good, and bad at the same time - doesnt make them Good or Evil.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join