It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Everyone needs food.

That's why I was telling everyone to stock up, so they didn't have to eat the MRE's delivered to them by FEMA.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Everyone needs food.

That's why I was telling everyone to stock up, so they didn't have to eat the MRE's delivered to them by FEMA.

That's not feasible for the most vulnerable to Covid-19 who live paycheck to paycheck on their retirement checks.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DanDanDat

You know the leftist mindset - double down on what you were doing and act all shocked when you don't get different results.

It's all they know. They're convinced they're right so they keep doing the same things despite epic and increasing evidence that things just don't work out the way they believe they will.

Copy this quote and replace the word left with right. Then, post it to a forum, fb group, or reddit with mostly left wing members. 🤯
edit on 6-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oregon has a large liberal population and the libs started a boycott of Dove soap in 2017 .

Social distancing is probably a good idea .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's my shocked face.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I always have a half decent stock and I live pretty much that way, just not retired.

My retired parents have much more food in their basement than I do.

For the ones that don't have the stock, food could of been supplied by the Gov and other entities. Like when there is a natural disaster.

I think I foresaw this lock down in January. But I figured it would be a real lock down for our own good. Not this fake lock down that didn't really help us.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To me, it would seem that they are getting infected from ordering from Amazon and other places where someone is sick and shedding viruses. It could even be the UPS drivers. It could be someone infected is delivering their foods or supplies. Maybe they have home health care coming and spreading it around, maybe they are getting it from reading the newspaper too. Could be the mailman gave them contaminated letters. Fresh air would help these people, being boxed up in a house is not good for anyone.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
People don't understand what it means to stay at home..and tbh, its pretty impossible to completely isolate yourself.

staying at home people still go shopping for food, corner stores, touch the mail that some dude was playing with all day (along with 400 other peoples mails sent by a bunch of other people...sometimes licking envelopes, etc)

We need a solid treatment for this pronto.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't get the bar graph, what category are the people who are working?

Are they the "other category"?

I'm trying to find the ratio of people normally working to essential workers. Right now about 30% of the work force is essential so if essential and non-essential employees had equal rates, then the ratio should about 2:1.

I can't really tell from the graph. The could have been essential workers at home for a week because they had symptoms.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I saw a huge group of ladies walking down the street today. They probably say they are sheltering in place.

Someone could also really be sheltering in place and then goes to get mail, or a package, or food delivery. It’s more rare but still possible.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
"Who were at home"....

But the interpretation of "staying at home" is different in the USA to the rest of the world. Going by what I see in the MSM daily.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just staying inside is going to weaken their ability to fight the virus if they do get it. People who are staying home -- especially in NYC -- usually arent' getting much sunshine. And with the shutdowns coming right on the heels of winter, they hadn't been getting much sunshine before that. Thus, there's a very good chance their Vitamin D levels are down.

COVID-19 Deaths Are Being Linked to Vitamin D Deficiency. Here's What That Means

A vitamin commonly produced by sun-exposed skin cells might play a role in preventing death by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, according to new research. Preliminary results from a yet-to-be-peer-reviewed study carried out by scientists from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Foundation Trust and the University of East Anglia have linked low levels of the hormone vitamin D with COVID-19 mortality rates across Europe.

Previous studies have found it to have other antiviral benefits:

Vitamin D supplements protect against acute respiratory infections including colds and flu, according to a study. The study provides the most robust evidence yet that vitamin D has benefits beyond bone and muscle health.

Vitamin D protects against colds and flu, finds major global study

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I know some people who have older, immune-compromised relatives at home with them, yet they themselves (the younger generations) are out and about, totally negating shelter in place. So I don't know if they're taking that into consideration or not.

Honestly, I thibk the virus is so widespread now that there's practically no hiding from it. I think you either have the immune system and genetics to fight it off, or you don't.*

* non-scientific opinion

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
"Who were at home"....

But the interpretation of "staying at home" is different in the USA to the rest of the world. Going by what I see in the MSM daily.

My interpretation as an American is staying home, only going out for essential activities such as groceries, and staying 6 feet apart when you are out doing that. What's the definition to the rest of the world?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Or is this being spread by some other mechanism? Package and food delivery? Mail delivery? or is it in the food supply?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Or is this being spread by some other mechanism? Package and food delivery? Mail delivery? or is it in the food supply?

Regardless doesnt that show the lockdown as implemented was not very effective in New York?

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
More than likely it means that people who live in old buildings with shared ventilation systems are at greater risk of contracting an airborne virus due to prolonged exposure.

And there is evidence to support this conclusion.

Noticed that you never mentioned this possibility in your OP.

Could be part of or the whole reason, but it doesn't change the fact - cower-in-place does ... not .... work.

I'm now waiting for those who will criticize Trump for not using the Defense Production Act to commandeer all residential home builders and force them to build private single family dwellings to house everyone in temporarily so they can cower-in-place without having shared HVAC...
edit on 8-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

All questions exposing the FRAUD.

Fear. Fear is a spineless monster. It is a whiney bitch pretending to be a wise old man - but it is still, in the end, just a whiney bitch.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Or maybe, pulsed through the air waves?
www.bitchute.com...
Who knows?
edit on 8-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join