It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wears KKK hood to grocery store

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

You can't be serious. The media always keeps up with any event held by white supremacists/KKK groups and they don't even wear those hoods anymore. Clearly he was making a big sarcastic stink about the whole mask thing. I think it's more ignorant to get upset over a guy wearing a hood in a store than it is for the guy to wear the hood in the store. He's getting exactly what he wanted out of this. Emotional rage over nothing.

I mean, really, look at him. Only in California... SMH

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sheeted Klansmen would commonly terrorize their targets(African-Americans and others) using hoods and masks to disguise their identities when carrying out acts of violence under the cover of darkness.

Objects of terror openly displayed in public whilst out shopping cannot be right nevermind the fact that a clan hood is hardly lightly to offer up any sort of measure of protection given the holes.

Its a face mask the man should have been wearing, not a useless Linen effigy imho.
edit on 7-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly. He's getting the reaction he wanted. This is a protest to the mandatory mask wearing, without having to protest.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Objects of terror openly displayed in public whilst out shopping cannot be right...

It is however still legal for him to wear this in public but the store could have legally refused him service.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Wow, what a great little piece of history that I'm very surprised I didn't know about before now. So as they've done with everything else, democrats took something that was good and destroyed what it stood for, ruining it forever and pointing their finger at their political opposition...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Is the swastikka next to be lauded as something to bring back, how about your opinion on gay marriage or that sikh kid and his sword, you are for so much freedom in this case then why are you against these freedoms?

How about the N word in every song these days....

Or the freedom to be born...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My understanding was anti-mask or anti-masking laws are legislative initiatives prohibiting the wearing of facial concealment in public places with the mask laws varying with regard to intent, scope, and penalties, from place to place.

So it may be legal i suppose, but certanly somewhat morally ambiguous, I don't imagine the banks or building societies would be too pleased to see him turn up on their doorsteps, put it that way.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I am wanting to see if anyone can make an argument for why this person should not be allowed to wear this mask.

Okay i will try. But i think i will get verbally shot down.

What this boils down to, is that it is a piece of cloth. But as you already stated, it stands for hate.

In America, citizens have rights and liberties. But i don't think that anyone should have the right to be a d***.

Wear a hello kitty mask or something.

A Hello Kitty mask wouldn't get the reaction this guy wanted.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They are just choosing to display the fact that they are a racist.

Who else would have a clan hood?

I would refuse service to someone who did this

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So it may be legal i suppose, but certanly somewhat morally ambiguous, I don't imagine the banks or building societies would be too pleased to see him turn up on their doorsteps, put it that way.

Those aren't public and can refuse service. Anti-masking laws typically revolve around protesting, people wear full ski-masks in public all the time when it is colder, there is no law prohibiting them to do so.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If Captain Edgelord wants to show the world how much of a dumbass he is, have at it. I certainly won’t lift a finger to help him out when someone eventually decides to kick his teeth in.

IMO, racists/bigots aren’t that far up the ladder from kid-touchers. I’m fine with letting society do as they see fit with them. If both groups of trash don’t act out on their urges, no one is effected, is either act out on their urges, lives can be changed forever and not for the positive.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Nor should there need to be i suppose, as common sense and courtesy, should pretty much prohibit anyone but a half-tard with an axe to grind from doing such a thing in public in this day of age.

Tell you one thing, the six-foot rule would have been maintained by just about everyone else rather more stringently, as they would not wish to even be in the same aisle as the fellow.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah but people are raging out in terror like he came in there in a white robe, too, and burned a cross. His arms and legs were exposed, easy to identify just by that alone. He was in there simply to get a reaction, in a big blue state none the less.

I think it was dumb to do it, but I think the overblown reaction is even dumber. All it's going to do is prompt more people to do it so they can get a reaction as well.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Tell you one thing, the six-foot rule would have been maintained by just about everyone else rather more stringently, as they would not wish to even be in the same aisle as the fellow.

That's the flip side, he's free to wear this and people are free to directly comment to him on his asstardery.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My understanding was anti-mask or anti-masking laws are legislative initiatives prohibiting the wearing of facial concealment in public places with the mask laws varying with regard to intent, scope, and penalties, from place to place.

None of those are open right now anyways. His face is also no more hidden than someone in a hospital mask with a cap and sunglasses on. I'm not arguing with you here, just making other comparisons.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Aye, reaction would be my bet.

Then again every action has an equal opposite reaction, or so I'm lead to believe, which may account for the overblown reaction returned.

Daft bastard really just out to cause chaos which people are apt to lap up like Lemonade, especially in such time of fear and discontent.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
They are just choosing to display the fact that they are a racist.

Who else would have a clan hood?

I would refuse service to someone who did this

Have you seen klan hoods? The guy in the story looked like he had a dunce cap on his head with a sheet covering it and holes so tiny you couldn't see his eyes.

The ones the KKK wear tend to fold over at the top because there's nothing to hold them up, and you can see their eyes.
Compare that to the homemade mask the guy made.

This mask is like the ratart of klan hoods.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

My hood has Hello Kitty on it.

Check your PMs.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Despicable POS racist c*nt...

But I support his right to be so...

eta: if I came across him in a dark alley, I may BTF out of him...but still support his right to express his beliefs...

Ummm...and I might BTF out of you...if I caught you BTF out of him...in your abject rage to be the superior idiot...

And the circle continue’s it’s jerk...

If you can’t seem to notice the disconnect...then you truly are lost...

And no...before your panties get any more twisted...I’m not a member...of any organization...and the only mask I’m sporting...is a 3M N95...

YouSir

There is a reason you had to state that you don't wear any masks....

If you can't see the disconnect, then, right back at ya...

Yes, if you walk around in my area with a KKK hood on, you're liable to get KTFO.

Sorry bout that...but it's true.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Guy was obviously racist. He could have chosen a giant mickey mouse mask to make fun of the mask wearing. Instead he chose a kkk symbol.

Shoppers should get upset about a guy wearing a kkk symbol. It's a symbol of hatred and he should be banned from the store.

He didn't wear the hood in some comedy sketch or youtube video. He wore it to get a fear-inducing reaction. It's just a sh!tty thing to do. Only a strong racist would go to that much trouble.
edit on 7-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join