It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations on Existential Nihilism and the New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A very concise observation on this idea:

I think it's clear to many people (if not most) that we are in a war the end of which is to reshape the nature of humanity and redirect the fate and destiny of mankind. But a thought occurs to me in that vein that we need to consider.

The enemy that we face views existence and defines reality through the lens of Existential Nihilism. This means that in this war, the enemy of humanity would prefer total mutual destruction to losing the fight.

Can anyone else see that?

And what would it mean if I am correct?
:
edit on 2020 5 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Stare not into the Abyss, for It will stare back at You!

2nd.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've thought about this recently.

We got the guillotine, they got the bomb.

If we try to overthrow the ruling class of this world, they'll hit the button.

Forgiveness is a virtue we could exercise more.

We're in the middle of a historical staring contest, a Mexican standoff if you will, between the voiceless and the powerful.

My thought is, what if enough of us who want peace and mankind to evolve past its self destructive habits got together and told our governments:

"We're all onto you, the game is up. Nobody wants war, so step down peacefully and help us rebuild our world."

The high road doesn't involve anyone getting killed.

Make them say sorry, then we forgive them.

Show them our way is right and make those people an example for the future and show that a bad guy can change.

Caring and compassion is the only way we're going to survive armageddon.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
I've thought about this recently.

We got the guillotine, they got the bomb.

If we try to overthrow the ruling class of this world, they'll hit the button.

Forgiveness is a virtue we could exercise more.

We're in the middle of a historical staring contest, a Mexican standoff if you will, between the voiceless and the powerful.

My thought is, what if enough of us who want peace and mankind to evolve past its self destructive habits got together and told our governments:

"We're all onto you, the game is up. Nobody wants war, so step down peacefully and help us rebuild our world."

The high road doesn't involve anyone getting killed.

Make them say sorry, then we forgive them.

Show them our way is right and make those people an example for the future and show that a bad guy can change.

Caring and compassion is the only way we're going to survive armageddon.

I fear you've missed the point. Saying that would be saying, Just back off and let us win.

They won't. Just asking won't work. Demanding don't work.

As you say, we have the guillotine, the have The Bomb.

What to do?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

There's staring into the abyss, and then there's just staring it down.

What you can't do is ignore it.
:
edit on 2020 5 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I think the key is in coming up with paths that benefit "them" as much as "us." Basically, show/design a system where they benefit more nearly across the board and provide the tools to achieve it.

The Wetiko is quite strong in pretty much all of us.

Even when traditional power and influence drop, more direct benefits can be gained depending on how things are done. Higher quality of life in general.. Perhaps a loss in things like technology control and profit thereof, but an unimaginable increase in the rate of progress, etc.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"No weapon they use can prevail against the awakening"

The power that we are pulling from within us is greater than any sort of totalitarian material weapon. When we are on the side of God - which wages war against the materialist nihilism that you described accurately - we are unfettered by their attempts to quell such an awakening. Stay true and know there is purpose. The Author of this purpose has great plans for all of those emerging from this old system.

Inevitably, it is said, that they will serve us as the earth becomes handed over to the righteous (Revelation 3:9)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I think the key is in coming up with paths that benefit "them" as much as "us." ...

Again, I'm not sure you grasp the nature of Existential Nihilism. There is nothing beyond the material and the Übermensch is the ultimate expression of vitality and meaning.

See, this exactly where the problem lies. Most people have no idea of the depths of the darkness, depravity and brutality that we're dealing with.

Imagine a spoiled, narcissistic, sociopathic child who wants his way and wants nothing but his way, the kind of child who would slap his mother for saying "No" or slit hours parents' throats for denying him a new video game.

Now, give that child unlimited resources and an arsenal of nuclear weapons.

Then, multiply that a few hundred times.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
"No weapon they use can prevail against the awakening"

The power that we are pulling from within us is greater than any sort of totalitarian material weapon. When we are on the side of God - which wages war against the materialist nihilism that you described accurately - we are unfettered by their attempts to quell such an awakening. Stay true and know there is purpose. The Author of this purpose has great plans for all of those emerging from this old system.

Inevitably, it is said, that they will serve us as the earth becomes handed over to the righteous (Revelation 3:9)

That promise is made to those who "loved not their lives into death" (Revelation 12:11), those "under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
(Revelations 6:9,10)

There's no promise that it'll be an easy fight, just that ultimately it will be won.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not.

I dont think "they" are literally all existential nihilists though, as then.. Why would they care about winning or losing at all? Id suspect that veers into other behavioral tendencies.

I think its a bit different of a dynamic, with more diversity in the players.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Maybe, maybe not.

I dont think "they" are literally all existential nihilists though, as then.. Why would they care about winning or losing at all? Id suspect that veers into other behavioral tendencies.

I think its a bit different of a dynamic, with more diversity in the players.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Individual players is one thing, but there is an over-arching philosophy and worldview that must be taken into account.

Do you think so Germans in the late 30s & early 40s thought that all Jews needed to die? It's a safe bet that no, but we know what happened.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

What to do?

We need to be smarter.

We need to creep up on them the way they have crept up on us for centuries.

Start at the top, don't waste time waving banners and protesting in public.

A few very scared elite who realise they may be next will ensure the humanity they need to change and grow and lay off the egos long enough to be a part of something priceless they can also enjoy.

V for Vendetta, but with medical face masks instead.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I used to be a drug addict in my college years and what I see going on with elite power players is the same thing.

They are addicted to power and need to lay off the stuff.

Mass shooters, the mentally unstable, the homeless and drug addicts are all our family and neighbors, we just let them slip through the cracks. Mankind needs to love each other.

Imagine a world where Hitler was convinced to end WW2, apologized for his actions and we didn't kill him but let him rejoin humanity.

World leaders don't want to live out their lives in bunkers. They want their kids to have friends and feel the fresh air, see the stars, swim in the ocean.

There's none of that if they push the button.
They know this.

Destroy the concept of money so nobody can get this much of an unfair advantage again.

Practice forgiveness and let them join us.

Lead by example.

top topics

join