It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Oh, the park lady. The media racial trifecta. Let's deflect now.

Nuts? Yup....and she should lost her dog. What is racist about calling a person African American? Maybe at one time she was attacked by an African American? You do not know that though and just want to jump to conclusions.

I am also not defending anyone. If you did not just thread jump and blow your bs you would know that. The problem is the media and others creating a situation that is not htere.

Since it was two white guys and a black man he was lynched. If it was two white guys shooting a white guy it would be justice. If it was two black guys shooting a white guy the media would make the white guy a racist and if it was two black guys who shot a black guy it would be called street violence. Funny how only one gets media attention and hate crime status huh?

There is no social outrage. It is called discussion and if you never have it nothing will ever change.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: yuppa
WHy? Its fun to be able to get away from people that way especially in the summer.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Well when you live in a small town and wear glasses and walk like a duck then you tend to be chased alot by the bullys in town. thank goodness they couldnt swim.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hopefully the neighbours would help.

That and my security cameras I put there to stop trespassing and theft.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Depends if they broke the law.

I don’t see it as clear cut as some.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I think they saw him enter their neighbours property and reasonably assumed he was committing a felony.

it’s about interpretation of the law and that’s how I see it.

You think they saw him enter, have you spoke to them?, does not sound very conclusive, i agree about interpretation and mine is they had not direct knowledge of any crime being commited, they assumed guilt and acted soley on their assumptions

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

And if those assumptions are deemed reasonable by a jury they will walk free.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman

You have it backwards. The defense has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ahmaud committed a felony for the duo to have a chance of facing lesser charges.

They will be concicted unless they can find a jury of klan members.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hopefully the neighbours would help.

That and my security cameras I put there to stop trespassing and theft.

This wasn't helping, this was vigilantism. Helping would have been calling the police, not running inside, telling your momo kid to grab his gun, getting your own, getting in your vehicle, chasing the person and THEN calling police.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And if those assumptions are deemed reasonable by a jury they will walk free.

Free ... my butt. They're gonna walk away richer than you and me and everyone who has commented in this thread combined.

The 'other team' is calling for the Citizen's Arrest law to be struck down. The state of Georgia needs a new law that says when one DA says, "This is stoopid. No indictment." ... that the buck stops right there. It'll surely save the taxpayer's $$$.

edit on 2852020 by Snarl because: 👍🏻

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Curious if this is true. Seems to contradict innocent until proven guilty. With the onus being on the prosecution to prove their guilt, not for the defense to prove them innocent or not guilty. Since them being innocent/not guilty is the default.

Of course there is a ton of complexities and I explained it all in a simplified way for the sake of discussing it. But doesnt make much sense that the defense has to prove a felony, as i dont think that fits in with innocent until proven guilty, likewise the dynamics of proving that without Ahmaud even being there also doesnt make much sense.

All you will have will be various people saying, no i dont think a felony occurred, i dont think Ahmaud was doing x or y, and so on. So i can not see how it wont come down to the people making the judgement, deciding based on the prosecution's arguments and then the defense's defense, to counter whatever their argument is, that the McMichaels were justified in conducting a citizen's arrest.

And that then will come down to whether the people on the jury imagining if they were in the McMichaels shoes, would have also thought that a felony occurred/they had reasonable grounds to suspect Ahmaud.

And yes your final statement gets to the heart of the issue, but again it goes both ways, not towards just people favoring them, but people not favoring them. It is why the way it is suppose to work is that the people making the judgment are their peers in the community and they would be basing it on the concern of the community/concern for the McMichaels. Not going about it as if you are putting on trial an enemy you just fought a war with.

It's all about whatever we want, if this society is irredeemable, then it doesnt matter, things will inevitably collapse because it isn't being ran correctly. So yeah we can continue to pretend their is legitimacy to whats going on, and buy into the veneer of propriety they are selling, up until the veil cant be maintained anymore.

new topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join