It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf sightings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I walk there twice a day since that is the only way to my workplace. I will try to get a camera because i want to know what the hell it was.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Don't all people have a connection to an animal spirit, I feel like I've heard that somewhere correct me if Im wrong. Maybe being able to do something like that just means you have a stronger connection.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

When you said "being able to do something like that" do you mean when a person sees a werewolf? or when a person turns into one?

edit on 4-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think he meant turning into one. But IMHO phisically turning into a wolf creature is impossible.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallat

During the middle ages it was probably seen and thought of as something truly possible,a human actually transforming into a bi-pedal wolf,especially after ingesting mind altering substances like the ergot fungus from rotting rye and smearing poisonous belladonna and foxglove ointments all over your body,like lots of people purposefully and accidently did back then...Ergot poisoning and the Salem Witchcraft Delusion > www.hbci.com... Ergotism > en.wikipedia.org... And a highly toxic plant Atropa Belladonna from the deadly nightshade species link > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes that is the most reasonable explanation for those sightings and ofcourse lycanthropya (maybe i spelled it wrong i mean that mental disease) but what about the modern day sightings? I mean i'm really intrested in cryptozoology and the supernatural stuff but there must be a good explanation for the recent sightings.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallat
Hy Guys!

I'm new to this site. But after what happend to mei had to register. I was walking home from work at 20:00 ( its winter here in Hungary and it gets dark pretty early) . As i was walking i saw a huge dog like creature i dont know like 40-50 meters ahead of me. I thought nothing of it but it started running towards me then as i braced myself for the impact i closed my eyes and when i opend them that thing was gone... I dont get freightend easily but man that was some creepie #.. Any of you guys have an idea what that was???
P.S. sorry if my english was not perfect its not my native language

Hi Metallat,
Your encounter reminded me of the legend of "Black Shuck" a large black dog which has been seen for many, many years in parts of England. It has links with Norse mythology, and is often seen as a foreteller of death or doom.
It is often described as being huge, black, with large "glowing" or "fiery" eyes.
One strange encounter that I read, told the story of when a young couple were out walking with the girls mother.
The girl shrieked when she saw a huge black dog, with hellish fiery eyes, running towards them.
Neither her mother or boyfriend could see the dog at all, until...
She fell into her boyfriends arms for protection, and he immediately was able to see it... running towards them!
So, he let her go and grabbed a stick to defend them, and it disappeared from his view!
The girl could still see it however, and sought comfort in her mothers arms, and... you guessed it... her mother could then see the huge dog approaching.
The mother got such a fright that she pushed her daughter away, and the dog disappeared to her eyes.
The daughter continued to scream until the dog (in her eyes) reached her, at which point she fainted.
Neither the mother or boyfriend could see the dog when they were not in contact with the girl, but both had independently seen it whilst the girl touched them. Very strange!
I think it was in a book called "The Hellhound and other true mysteries" or something like that?
Here is a link to the wiki page for HELLHOUNDS including Black Shuck

Regards,
GTD

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I know a little about this myth. Arent they assosiated with sudden deaths or any other horrible accidents? Should I concider myself in danger? Btw thank you for the answer

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I meant turning into a werewolf, but not actually physically. More like just haveing others see you as one for people more in tune with spiritual energy. You'd still be a human but others would see a projected image of a wolf though. Not shapeshifting into a wolf or anything like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallat

Well,as you say,theres still the more modern sightings that we have to deal with and they shouldnt be ignored.These creatures may have been in the past and still are now interdimensional beings,like bigfoot,but more dog like,more wolf like than an ape.The creatures that are seen with a protruding snout,pointed ears and fangs are definitely not the traditional bigfoot at all,they are something else,something that is more menacing, more evil and vicious...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In france between 1520 and 1630 over 30,000 people were accused as being werewolves,tortured and killed,many burnt alive at the stake...That makes me wonder,were people actually seeing real werewolves back then? But no one could ever capture one,like bigfoot now,so thousands of innocent people bacame scapegoats and killed....Like some unsolved murders now,when someone innocent is arrested and wrongly accused to try and quiet the publics outrage?...30,000 killed as werewolves > joteel.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The pointed ears and protruding snout of the bi-pedal creature in this link,known as The Beast Of Seven Chutes does not look like the traditional bigfoot and i dont think it is.It was accidently captured in a photograph taken on june 1st,2005 in Quebec.It resembles a wolf or dog much more than an ape and it is carrying a white animal under its arm,perhaps a puppy with its eyes open! This may vey well be the only photo of a genuine werewolf. This link provides a lot of analysis and different size blow ups of the original photograph which is also shown...www.haveyouseenthiscreature.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I beleive early Werwolf sightings can be attributed to the disease Hypertrichosis. It makes you grow very hairy and look like a dog/wolf.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
On a July night in 1958 Mrs. Delburt Gregg was getting ready for bed in her Greggton,Texas home when she glanced out the window.Thunderstorms were on the way.When a sudden flash of lightning illuminated the countryside she saw a horrific sight outside her open window.It was a "huge,shaggy wolf-like creature" that was clawing at the screen and glaring at her with "baleful,glowing,slitted eyes"...Heres the full story > www.werewolfpage.com...

That would have scared the hell out of me and then to realize that 99% of people would refuse to even believe me would be just as worse,never mind expecting the thing to return at any moment,any day or night...

edit on 5-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallat

I know a little about this myth. Arent they assosiated with sudden deaths or any other horrible accidents? Should I concider myself in danger? Btw thank you for the answer

Yes, to my knowledge the "Black Shuck" and other Hellhounds are often associated with death or danger.
But, I think that this has developed over time to add "flavour" and excitement to the legends.
I suppose it all depends on how much you believe in the legends themselves?

I personally don't think I'd be too alarmed at the prospect of danger, I'd be much more interested in trying to understand the source of what I had seen!

Have you had any other strange encounters?

GTD

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nothing special happend since that day. One thing i know for sure : werewolf, hellhound or whatever that thing is if it tries to attack me again i wont go down without a fight

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I also have a great interest in Werewolfs as well but have never seen one myself

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
TextText BlueText

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JROCK2527
I also have a great interest in Werewolfs as well but have never seen one myself
I really doubt any reasonable person would try to see a wereworlf in person. 9 feet tall half-man half-wolf creatures. I would piss in my pants.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join