It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf sightings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Orzahn

Perhaps in Europe there are paricular ideals which most in America would look upon with disgust, fear, and even contempt. While not everyone agrees with these views it has become obvious to many on this side of the pond that the American view of things actually makes it easier to hide amongst them unnoticed. When fewer people believe you exist, and even less would dare speak up to prove it... You tend to find yourself a special kind of freedom. Sure Therinthropes in America lack a certain... reverence... but the respect and silecne they experience is one of fear and private curiosity. For the time being, it is for the best. As for the self proclaimed "hunters" of such magnificent creatures... if a mere human owns the pair big enough to hunt one, they can not protest when they become it's dinner

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I saw what they call the Beast of Bray Road after my youngest kid was born.

Most of it was detailed in Linda Godfrey's books and the sci fi "In Search Of" (though they kind of bastardized my account in the show).

I had no idea such a thing existed prior to seeing it and merely assumed I was having a bizarre hallucination-- then I blinked my eyes and IT WAS STILL THERE... I tried to rationalize all sorts of things and tried to laugh it off until mentioning it to my neighbor (who was also not originally 'local' to Walworth County and had just read a library book on the 'walworth county werewolf').

To me, it looked like a starved bigfoot with a wolfish face, weird 'arms' in a praying mantis type way (the way it held them bent at the elbows). The darned thing must have been about 7 ft tall, for it to have appeared as it did in that window. A month or so prior to my sighting, the wildlife stopped coming to the back yard and things got creepy silent. Neither my husband, kids, nor myself wanted to spend any amount of time on the back patio. If you go to Linda Godfrey's site, the drawing on the second page of the "Sightings" link (top sideview pic), looks identical to what I saw (only mine was bonier, less healthy looking).

I never want to see this type of thing ever again. It was scary as Hell.

I met a ton (and I MEAN TONS) of people in the area who also sighted similar but were too embarassed to admit it openly. It's fairly common there (and we no longer live in WI).

I have no idea what that thing was, I just know that it wasn't a pleasant experience. After initially thinking I was seeing things, it was still there. Since I was laying in bed with my newborn son, I felt this horrible sense of being 'prey' (for lack of a better word). One thing's for sure, it is a great story to mark the beginning of my (now 11 yr old) son's life!

One of my then-neighbor's said he and his mom were hauling something to the dump outside of William's Bay, WI at dusk when something similar to what I saw jumped out from behind something. Apparently, they high tailed it back to their car and never went back to that place again.

My desire for long, leisurely walks in the woods has been severely curtailed since the experience, btw. I am really happy now to live in town.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i have to say i believe u on this because i have been kinda face to face wiv one before i dunno if u will believe me but this is my story.
i live in england n i used to live in a town called tamworth n their is a woodlands park with lakes n lots of nature n i was walking thru it one night and i could hear noises behind me but i didnt think anything of it so i carried on walking and it was black apart from the moon light nand i heard the noises a second time n i turned round thinking it was kids playin a prank on me and i froze i swear to god i froze on the spot there right in front of me was this big like wolf man thing and i dint no wat to do so i tried to run and fell over a felled tree and turned on to my back and i came face to face wiv this thing it was definately part canine it smelled like dog and looked like dog but walked like humans do and ive never been so scared in all my life untill that point. anyways i heard another noise coming from the side of me n i managed to peel my eyes away from the wolf like man thing and looked across and it was a deer and this beast just took off and grabbed hold of the deer and just started to bite into it like it was a piece of steak or something and i saw this as a chance to run so i did n ran straight over the gates and onto a lit up street and i ran all the way home crying my eyes out i told my parents i told the police and every thing n they all laughed at me well since that nitgh 14 people have gone missing in those woods which maes me think about how lucky i was that this deer came along i have recently moved out of tamworth and i now live in leeds and the part where i live there is a woods called esholt woods and ive been in their a few times at night and i swear to god i have seen the same thing but i dunno if anyone has gone missing round here yet i am too scared to go out now after dark incase i see it again n im not so lucky that time i ahve searched high and low for people who have had sighting or believe in the same as me because now people might actually believe me rather than just laughing at me but i am just wondering is it possible for this werewolf like thing to follow me 180 miles and keep taunting me because now i wont go out after dark and i always make sure im in before it gets dark ive actually got to that stage now where i dont want to leave the house at all im that scared would somebody please enlighten me on what to do and if i can stop this werewolf thing from following me any help would be apprecated thankyou

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My question to something like this (or any mythical beast) would be - show me one, and I'll believe it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd say there are tons of locations where werewolves could exist undisturbed by most humans, if they do exist, plus around mesa I heard to do hybrid experiments
edit on 10/10/11 by Tadao because: The first post was edited for privacy reasons

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadao

Anywho, I gathered the guts (figuraly of course) to post my story:

Ok, I have been lurking on ATS for a while, and this thread made me make an account to be able to tell my story, I have yet to read things through fully, but here is my story:
I have lived a bit depressing life for a while now, recently turned 18, things have been feeling like they are cheering up, or I'm denying the depression.. Anywho, I almost always had some bloody fantasies, they were tiny when I was a kid, and growing up I only got more aggressive senses, I just wanted to rage against someone, quite often, but I always refrained myself and always will unless someone makes the first Physical attack (I have suffered lots of mental offenses, but that's another story). Throughout my life I always had a fascination for animals, first time I heard of werewolves I got scared #less, had nightmares of them and even hallucinations of them stepping into my room in the night, and seeing them far away in the woods near my home. But over the years I've grown more attached to them, loving the idea of just going primal and letting it all just go out, even whilst playing a game where you turn into a werewolf at one point I just felt adrenaline.
As I got older I also got more dreams and feelings, when laying down in bed when it's quiet I start to think about all sorts of horrible bloody things, not performed on others though, and the dreams were often bloody as well, some of them feeling all too real, those of which that felt realistic were mostly about being visited in my room.

But anyway, I've just kept feeling the primal desires more and more, that mixed with a hint of bloodlust.
Please do not, I do Not think of myself as a werewolf or related to one, I am not saying that is impossible but it all just feels a bit strange. Talking to the animals around me (like the dog and cat, as well as rats), not as in hearing them reply, but having the feeling of sensing it, the fascination for these stories, it's always good to read more.

Anyway, in my opinion werewolves exist, be it from evolution or genetic manipulation, but personally I do not believe in werewolves from some curse, I don't know, it just has a sense to it (for me) that says that theory is wrong. My personal believe would be the chances of a virus would be more likely than a curse, but even that I'm not too sure about. I've heard of alot of animal/human hybrid experiments in an underground bunker in the Mesa mountain though. Where when we heard about the mouse with the human ear on it they would supposedly be about ten to twenty years ahead of it in technology. Who knows, perhaps a few werewolves would come from that?

I prefer the thought of full time werewolves over transforming ones, that the transforming ones only posses a technique for it, but not Being a werewolf... I must be sounding like an idiot ^^"
edit on 11/10/11 by Tadao because: Grammar corrections/additions

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KelloggCreekBeast

Well, it seems to mostly have chased people off from how I'm hearing it, and it has fed on pets I'm guessing? Just try not to drive it into a corner, nor submit to it. You shouldn't go out hunting it with a few people, hell, I only think you should hunt it with a large crowd only for pictures or proof of it's existence. Do you usually go to the place where you found it? or was it a longer walk than normal?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by homeboiabe

That sounds more like bigfoot. Rabbit and deer in it`s diet.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Those are in the diet of most carnivores, so it might as well be something else

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Are we talking about literal werewolves or "wolf-like creatures that stand on their hind legs"? I've heard of the Beast of Bray Road sightings, but I've never heard of any of the witnesses actually catching the creature going from man to wolf. The closest I've heard to someone (maybe) caught shifting was a farmer who claimed to see a creature dart across his porch and into some bushes, then later see a naked man come out of the same spot the creature disappeared too. I'm a little on the fence about the Beast of Bray Road being an actual werewolf in the traditional sense. The change would take too much energy, and would most likely be gradual and permanent, so I'm thinking it's either something supernatural, or a case of miss-identification. As for the whole skin walker discussion, that has to do with black magic from what I understand. I know a couple of Navajos and they've all told me some pretty chilling family stories about them. Many Navajos don't talk about it because it's bad luck and will attract skin walkers. I'm usually a logical person, but this is one thing I'd rather be on the safe side about.

On a side note, I read someone mentioned Therians. Therians aren't literal shapeshifters (at least not most of them), they usually just identify with a specific animal. And of the few therians there are, even fewer have the ability to shift their aura and project the animal they identify with.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rp001

I've tried doing research on skinwalkers but it is VERY hard to find information. Apparently it's a type of Navajo "black magic", where the shaman can move his spirit to other places, and manifest as an animal that may or may not be of his choosing. They work outside of the mainstream religion, and tend to sell their services. I can't find any more info beyond that.

Maybe that helps?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by rp001]

you can find more info on the Skinwalker at this thread HERE it was posted a few months back but has some good info enjoy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a sighting account from so Cal can be found here

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Loligag

Well, the thread name says werewolves, and the difference between anthropomorphic wolves and skinwalkers has already been determined, so my guess is this threat is mostly about the bipedal wolves. Though skinwalker stories are interesting as well

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadao

Ah, thank you for clarifying. Skin walkers are interesting, if a little frightening. Personally, I think they exist, based on how serious people get when they talk about them. A friend of mine told me that his cousin was killed by a skin walker, and another friend told me she saw one staring into her living room window out on the reservation. My brother's friend saw one while he was out skating. I still feel uneasy about passing through the reservation at night.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
as this awesome link shows and explains...bi-pedal werewolves are very real and have been seen many times.but of course this is purposefully left out of the mainstream limelight > www.hellhorror.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
as this awesome link shows and explains...bi-pedal werewolves are very real and have been seen many times.but of course this is purposefully left out of the mainstream limelight > www.hellhorror.com...

If bipedal werewolves were real they probably wouldn't be canids at all.
The least absurd theory that comes to mind is they're actually apes a la Bigfoot mistakenly identified as werewolves. (due to popular old legends).
For those who actually believe in werevolves, how would you explain their existence?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AurelioMaghe

Originally posted by blocula

If bipedal werewolves were real they probably wouldn't be canids at all.
The least absurd theory that comes to mind is they're actually apes a la Bigfoot mistakenly identified as werewolves. (due to popular old legends).
For those who actually believe in werevolves, how would you explain their existence?
not really...these things don't resemble bigfoot for a number of reasons...

the werewolf type creatures...

are viscious and malevolent...

they have pointed ears...

they have snouts like a dog or wolf ...

they have protruding fangs...

their growls are terrifying and menacing...
edit on 13-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
here's a link with color photos and analysis of one of the very few pictures ever taken "accidently" of a "werewolf/dog man" on june 1st, 2005...

"the beast of seven chutes"...from canada and this werewolf/dogman,is carrying a small white animal that has it's eyes open! > www.haveyouseenthiscreature.com...

and "the beast of seven chutes" link > www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't know, when looking at the shape of the head and fur color I am thinking more of bigfoot. I don't know, could just be me, but I don't see pointy ears or a canine muzzle. Interesting picture though

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
www.haveyouseenthiscreature.com...

There are 4 main photos in this link.
As well as many other analysis links within the link itself.

1...Shows an aerial photo of the area.
2...Shows a photo of the location.
3...Shows the creature holding a white animal.
4...Shows a close-up of the creatures head and chest...it has a snout

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join