It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf sightings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I used to be a werewolf bit im ok nooooowl!
tehe

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In college I took some classes regarding uncommon societies and their beliefs. Most of the studies we researched had to do with shamanism and South American tribal practices.
One of the common factors in all tribes we researched was shape-shifting. It was either a strength or a curse.
One of the stories I took focus on was the story of a college student sent to observe a long lost culture and their religious practices. I still have the written account the author wrote the day after they witnessed a werewolf. It tells of a shaman that transforms to show severity. The author was not convinced of any cultural relevance until a man transformed into a wolf and lead the others to a fire in the jungle.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok before i kick off, i wanna clarify i dont know what the hell i saw, but a believe a Lycanthrope is the best assumption. *ahem*

lets see,this was about a year ago, i was stationed in Monterey, California. Me and my buddies had a bad habit of always being in the woods at night drinking, and it was rather creepy in the woods there, i really dont know why but it was. anyway, we had left a bookbag full of brewskis hangin on a limb in the dark at our "spot". The next night, me and my GF at the time went back for it, it was only about eight, and it was just starting to get dark, but in the woods it was quite blind. Well as we stood there on the woodland path debating over how best to retrieve our satchel of goodies, my GF (Sarah we'll call her) had hushed me, she had heard something and i hadnt as i was messing with my phone calling another buddy of mine trying to find out bag. She grabbed my phone and put it in her pocket to diminish the light, i try to get it back before i heard a twig snap, i realized why she was so ancy all of a sudden, we both were looking down the path the way we had came, the path dipped and then went up a hill and had trees on both side, and to our far left was a little ridge with a 30 foot drop to give you some idea of the environment.
Anyway, we both stood still, and out of a habitual instinct i had grabbed a "corkscrew/bottleopener" out of my pocket, not like it would give me any defense but adrenaline makes you think crazy things. As we stood there, we heard large footsteps break the gravel on the path, it was too big to be a bobcat or something, and the sounds we heard werent similar to a feline's AT ALL, we thought a wolf, but still..it was too oddly shaped. it continued to move about..closer to us, but not like it was going to attack us. or maybe it was..who know?
Our eyes adapted to the dark a little better, i almost took a step forward but, the creatures sudden movement halted me, it had been startled and it stood up on its hind legs, vey fluidly ..not shakey like a dog. it looked to be stretching but it growled while doing so. the Sounds were also very strange, they were deep and..almost eerie. The light of passing cars from the road over the path's hill occasionally showed us what this thing was, it was jet black and rather large, maybe 8 feet tall, it wasnt chubby by anysense. but other than that i couldnt tell. me and 'sarah" began moving towards it trying to escape somehow, luckily for us, a Semi had driven by and blew its horn, this startled the thing even more and it made off to its right into the brush and let out some kind of bark, we heard it move farther away, but we didnt procrastinate, we booked it out of there, forgetting the satchel of goodies and all. we didnt stop running until we got back into downtown monterey.
Now we dont know what it was, and disbelieve me if you must, but we saw something that night. Like i said, no idea if it was a lycanthrope, but it would be my best guess. If anyone has any idea, please get back to me as im always open to anything. And as always, have a good one folks.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by homeboiabe

thats the bray road beast thers many stores about it. the movie is prety good its based on real sightings of some sort of beast or creature

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There are many more truths to werewolf's then you think. The patterns of written sightings show that they stay hidden in our small town and cities. If you feel that you need to see to believe, keep in mind that if you see them they know your there, and they will keep you from talking. The history of the werewolf gos back to 75,000 BC. Drawings on the cave walls are walking wolfs.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can shed some light on this subject. I don't think Vampires and Werewolves of the movies and films exist. However, there is an animal that is supposed to be extinct that fits the description perfectly. This goes for the Dogman of Michigan as well as Werewolves. To see a photo of this beast find the website "Return to the Ice age: The La Brea Exploration guide" then click on flora and fauna then on Ground Sloths. The beast is a Shasta Ground Sloth or a close relative of it. They can walk on 2 feet and look canine.
Now about Shape shifting. As far as I know, only ETs and spiritually advanced humans can shape shift. To do it, you first have to leave the body, then manifest your astral body. I don't know how solid the image would be, it might be like a hologram. I hope this explains it all. Any questions? Fire away.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Text GreenI can shed some light on this subject. I don't think Vampires and Werewolves of the movies and films exist. However, there is an animal that is supposed to be extinct that fits the description perfectly. This goes for the Dogman of Michigan as well as Werewolves. To see a photo of this beast find the website "Return to the Ice age: The La Brea Exploration guide" then click on flora and fauna then on Ground Sloths. The beast is a Shasta Ground Sloth or a close relative of it. They can walk on 2 feet and look canine.
Now about Shape shifting. As far as I know, only ETs and spiritually advanced humans can shape shift. To do it, you first have to leave the body, then manifest your astral body. I don't know how solid the image would be, it might be like a hologram. I hope this explains it all. Any questions? Fire away.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CGBSpender

I've heard of the Bray road beast, for sure. "It" lives near Bray Road, Wisconsin, and it is actually supposedly a road less traveled, surrounded by woods, and thriving with deer. It's a perfect spot for a werewolf.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I dont know what i heard but... here goes.

I was about 16 years old and i went to the mountains with my uncles, aunts, cousins, family. It had been snowing and it was in january. (I live in southern california.) So.. me and my cousin had been walking around... not too far from where we were. I stopped because i heard walking and twigs snapping... and i heard a very low growl. Nothing like a dog (ive had 5) and it was during the day, in the winter.. probably about 2 pm.

Who knows what it could have been. Are there even any bears in southern california mountains?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't know about people who can change into wolves. I saw a video of something that looked like a werewolf crossing a campsite and I heard about encounters with them. I have no doubt in my mind that crazy unknown creatures exist. And I dont know, It sounds like it could be true. But I doubt these creatures are werewolves. Sometimes they are just referred to as dog people. Which I think is a better term. That's what the witnesses usually call them. I think they could just be creations of science or mutants.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rp001

i like the skinwalker theory its neat and unusual, cool!

skinwalker theory, cool!

-fallenangel97

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
A friends dad told me this story a couple of years ago. He used to live outside of Pikeville, KY and basically in the proverbial wilderness. One night he kept hearing scraping and other sounds so he goes out to look through the screen door to see if he could see anything. He said he saw what looked like a hairy child that had the face of a dog that was messing with some stuff on their porch. It eventually realized that he was staring at it and they just stood there for a while. It eventually left and he never saw anything like it. I asked him if it was a dream and he swears that he couldn't sleep that night because of the sounds that kept scaring him.

I am not saying that I believe in the werewolf thing but it is interesting. I have spent a lot of time out in the woods in Kentucky and Florida for that matter and I have been stalked by plenty of animals, done the same to them and heard some weird things. Plenty of strange tracks and other things that further creep you out. The closest I have come to anything remotely like this was when I was younger. I was staying with my mom at the time and she woke me up at midnight or something like that. All i know is that it was late and I was in a trance for the most part. We have a three story house but their room is on the edge of the house and pretty close to a creek that is right against our backyard. She kept hearing sounds outback and water splashing. She goes downstairs onto the second story porch and drug me down too. We couldn't see anything but I can remember hearing two or three different animals moving about making noises, growling and splashing around.

Could have been bear since we have had a few sightings around those parts and I have come close to finding some myself. But either way it was strange because of the sounds and cries they were making. The cries weren't anything like a baby bear or its mother. Kind of strange but I guess I will never know. There were a range of hills that extended past our house and behind the creek which covers god knows how many miles. I still need to go back into them.

The latter wouldn't be a werewolf if they existed but I am just putting that out for the heck of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
werewolves/skinwalkers might actually BE vampires using their 'shapeshifter' abilities?? didnt dracula turn into a wolf when he landed on the english shore?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i'd like more information about it if you want to post it

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You guys want a werewolf story? Here's one that's going on right now (be prepared, it's a long one). My name is Brandon, I am 15 and I live in a neighborhood called Kellogg Creek. About four or five months ago, me and my friend Justin were messing with some fireworks down at the creek, and it started gettin real dark, real fast. I thought I heard the bushes move, so I looked around. I could have sworn I saw a pair of reflective irises. I didn't think much of it, so I kept talking to Justin. Now, I think the light from Justin's cellphone was causing the thing's irises to reflect like a dog's. Justin started freaking out because he heard something, too. All of the sudden I am standing there and Justin comes running from behind me screaming RUN! JUST RUN! NOW! I ran. I didn't quite know why we were running at first, but as we were almost out of the woods I heard the thing chasing us! Turns out Justin had heard something growl, a low-pitched, territorial growl. He had also seen something stand up, and it was tall, muscular, slender, and hairy. It apparently followed us up to my house, too, because my dog started going postal at something in the backyard. That was the first encounter with the Beast, as I've come to call it. The second encounter was not in the woods, but nearby the same place. We were walking down the road and we heard some noises in the woods. We stopped and got a little scared so we started walking back up, then jogging, then sprinting. Justin saw something move through someone's yard. We made it up to his house, and as it turned out, the door was locked. So we stood there as Justin told me that he had just seen something jumping from tree to tree in his backyard. He heard a low growl and we started sprinting up the road to my house and the thing followed us and ended up in my neighbor's backyard. The Beast's activity had quieted down for a while after that, ecxept for all the lost pet signs that started to pop up all over the neighborhood. However, Friday I posted some signs up around the neighborhood saying BEWARE and asking people if they jad any info on the Beast. I put a picture of a werewolf I found to give an image of what we thought it looked like, and my cell number. I have been getting calls off the hook. Mostly from local pot heads, but some were pretty legit. In fact, one of the more intriguing calls was a lady that had pictures of a strange creature she had seen around lately. The most frightening, however, called me at about 1:00 this morning. I was trying to get to sleep when my cellphone rang. I picked it up and answered to a teenager, about 17 or 18. He told me that he was just going 35 down Kellogg when he saw something running beside his car. And it was keeping up with it. He didn't even live in the area, he was just driving his friend home. I asked him, "Dude, you realize what time it is, right?" He said he knew it was late but his friend insisted he call me now. He described this thing as being big, with a very built upper body and skinny legs. I am now 99% sure that the residents of Kellogg Creek and the surrounding area are in danger of being werewolf chow. Any comments?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
werewolves may not be real to some people but to me it is a question of if it is real.. i mean would you tell everyone that your a werewolf and end up under the operating table??? or mabe the secret was lost within the middle ages!!...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KelloggCreekBeast

nice story lol,, could u send me some pics so i can see what i think of it

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Who knows what the hell we saw but here's the story...

My wife and I live in Las Colinas, about 10 min from downtown Dallas. We were headed to Austin, with our dogs, for SXSW. We'd been driving about 2 hrs and needed some gas. We pulled over, blah blah got back in the car and drove off. Our dogs were asleep in the back pretty much the whole time we'd been driving, we're trying to get back on the highway and got lost on a dirt side road parallel to the highway. So out of nowhere our dogs began barking like crazy jumping all over the back seat freaking out. We though they just had to go to the bathroom or something so we pull over and open the door. They stayed in the car but began growling like we've never heard before, but wouldn't get out of the car. We then saw something over by the wooden fence that separated the woods from the road. It was dark so we could barely see but it looked like a tall, wide man with a large head eating something with his hands. No shirt, hunched over, hairy and loudly chewing and slurping what appeared to be a small animal. It was dark outside with only a little light from the street lamp about 100 ft away. As soon as it/he saw us we jumped in the car, locked the doors and as my wife looked back she saw it jump over the fence and run into the woods. She said he jumped vertically over the fence completely clearing it.

Now, there were no houses around there. We were in the middle of nowhere.

So werewolf? Crazy feral forest man? Who knows, but it was one of the creepiest things I'd ever seen.

My dogs were paranoid and freaked out the rest of the trip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join