It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have never seen one but have heard stories and find werewolves fascinating. anyone hear have a sighting they would like to share?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I find this a facinating subject as well, however, i believe werewolves are nothing more than myths. Now, if someone could prove me wrong on this, I would greatly appreciate it....

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe but has anyone heard of the bray road beast? the only thing that's suspect about this story is that the first sighting happened halloween night.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i saw a show i think on channel upn 20 and it was about werewolves and it gave around 5 storys of sightings of a werewolve. i only remember one of them tho. it was about a lady driving her car at night when she saw something on the street eating something else. she got out of the car and saw a "hairy beast" too tall to be a dog or anything like that. it was eating a rabbit. then she started running back to her car and then the "werewolve" started chasing her. she got away safely.

edit:spelling mistakes

[edit on 17-3-2005 by homeboiabe]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is my first post here (I've lurked for a while), so please bear with me.

This seems like a good explanation to me.

Story (shortened quite a bit): About 6 months ago I was out with some friends on the mesa outside of Albuquerque, NM. Half of the group wandered off to go sneak up on a party and scare them (a story all on it's own), so I was left with my friends girlfriend. I didn't know her that well at the time so we were standing around awkwardly not talking when we both heard footsteps about 50 feet away. There's NO light out there so I couldn't see what was making them and she is practically blind. I sneak off and around to try and see what it is. I get close enough, probably 20 feet, and I see a coyote walking. I said "oh" or something to that effect quietly and it looked over at me. Which is wierd because as far as I know, coyotes travel in packs, tend to avoid humans, and have huge ears, which wouldn't allow me to sneak up on one. It starts walking off and this is when the strangest thing happened. It appeared, very fluidly and naturally, to stand up on it's hind legs. For a couple second it looked very much like a middle aged native. It walked behind down into a shallow ravine and I couldn't see it anymore. I hauled ass back to the cars, told her to get in and lock the door, then I left to go find my friend (with the Colt 1911). I just told him I saw someone. He looked around and couldn't find any tracks. I was very confused at that point. Later I started telling one of my close friends about it and before I finished she jumped in and said "sounds like a skinwalker".

I've tried doing research on skinwalkers but it is VERY hard to find information. Apparently it's a type of Navajo "black magic", where the shaman can move his spirit to other places, and manifest as an animal that may or may not be of his choosing. They work outside of the mainstream religion, and tend to sell their services. I can't find any more info beyond that.

Maybe that helps?

[edit on 17-3-2005 by rp001]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinko1
I find this a facinating subject as well, however, i believe werewolves are nothing more than myths. Now, if someone could prove me wrong on this, I would greatly appreciate it....

Question is, when does myth become reality? For example, the very strange wolf in Gévaudan (France) that killed about 100 people in bizarre ways. If I'm not mistaken even the king got involved and half an army hunted it.

Imagine the conspiracy theories that would come from the President sending 20,000 FBI agents to Nevada to hunt a serial killer

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
No takers for my skinwalker theory? Would it be worth starting a new thread about, because I'd like some help finding out about them...?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rp001
No takers for my skinwalker theory? Would it be worth starting a new thread about, because I'd like some help finding out about them...?

I'm really not that up on the paranormal, however, I think that it's possible that through remote viewing and perhaps even the temporary inhabitation of an animal's body through a similar event is entirely possible.

It's fairly commonly held that there is a difference between humans and animals in sentience and because of this apparent order amongst living things in relation to Nature or the Higher being, that we not only have intelligence over the wild beasts but the ability to dominate them spiritually. Mind you, I don't condone or recommend this, but I'm sure it has occurred to shaman and spirit leaders in the past in times when man's relationship with Nature was much more direct.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As I recall the skinwalker ritual involved a pretty heavy dose of peyote too, so maybe that is more responsible for the experiences reported...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They are called skinwalkers. I used to live in Albuquerque myself, on Iron SW, and this white guy told me he seen a wolf walk by the road then suddenly he turned into a man. He said he asked someone and he told him it was a skinwalker. Yes, werewolves are real just as vampires are. You witnessed it yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"It appeared, very fluidly and naturally, to stand up on it's hind legs. For a couple second it looked very much like a middle aged native."

my large dog (85 lb boxer) can stand on his hind legs for about 10 secs, when he's begging. are you saying the wolf stood on its hind legs and walked away or he shifted into a mans shape....big difference......

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
"It appeared, very fluidly and naturally, to stand up on it's hind legs. For a couple second it looked very much like a middle aged native."

my large dog (85 lb boxer) can stand on his hind legs for about 10 secs, when he's begging. are you saying the wolf stood on its hind legs and walked away or he shifted into a mans shape....big difference......
'

I'll clarify for you. The coyote stood up (and not jerky like a dog would. Fluidly I said, as in it just kind of lifted up), and looked like a regular coyote walking on hind legs, and then appeared as a man walking normally. Just like that. No parts shifted around like a cheesy tv movie. It just changed.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
holy moly, I would have passed out if I saw that.....I've never heard of skin walkers, very interesting......

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i saw a show i think on channel upn 20 and it was about werewolves and it gave around 5 storys of sightings of a werewolve. i only remember one of them tho. it was about a lady driving her car at night when she saw something on the street eating something else. she got out of the car and saw a "hairy beast" too tall to be a dog or anything like that. it was eating a rabbit. then she started running back to her car and then the "werewolve" started chasing her. she got away safely.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I had a book on werewolves and such and it had a few stories, Ill check it later (its in the other room and Im REALLY lazy right now)

There was a website I used to go on, and it called actually shifting your form was called P-Shifting (psysical shifting (sp?) and that seeing one is very rare

but there is such things as Aura shifting, its when your aura shifts to become that of a lycanthrope (werewolf) or other therianthropes (other "were" animals). this aura shift allows you to be exactly like what you shifted your aura into except for your looks. alltho if another person is able to view aura's than they would be able to tell your aura was shifted (theres something like part of you is still there, and that your aura is slightly different than the actual one).

Alltho this aura shifting is VERY rare, seeing as how your aura is who YOU are. So dont believe that someone is an aura shifter, chances are they arent. Id say about...less than 2% of the people on earth can do this (and that is a HUGE overstatement)

Im very interested in this stuff and know alot about it, so if you want some sites or info on it u2u me

and that skin walker think, chances are you imagined it, or your making it up. If it was an actual skin walker it wouldnt let you see it shift. Alltho there is a VERY small chance you could have seen it. And old shamans never changed their shape, come to think of it NO shamans I know change their shape. They just allow a spirit or firmilliar to enter their body, they appear the same on the outside but on the inside there is another spirit in them. They can also only harness about 10% of that spirits power and such, only true shamans can acess more

and yes I know, this proves Im a geek but OH WELL

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I lived in new mexico for a few years, untill i was 8 then moved to england. I have seen coyotes at night and the look like wolves but i have never actually seen one walk on its hind legs. I have never heard of "skinwalkers" but sounds interesting i'll ask my dad about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Alltho this aura shifting is VERY rare, seeing as how your aura is who YOU are. So dont believe that someone is an aura shifter, chances are they arent. Id say about...less than 2% of the people on earth can do this (and that is a HUGE overstatement)

So you're basically saying if I gather 1,000 people together, that 20 of them are capable of shifting their aura? Assuming this was an overstatement, are you still conceiving that 5 or 10 of them can do this?

Sorry but I just find this extremely hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have visited New Mexico several time and there's so much strange stuff going on down there, this wouldn't surprise me at all!

This shape-shifting, there are stories going back through medieval times to tales from Africa and Egypt about man/animals. It maybe a gene or something that belongs to a time when we were closer to the animals that would hunt us.

Recently, scientists have found that humans have certain brain cells that can tell the exact time of day. I don't mean that a person can shout ot "oh, it's 17 minutes past 11!"
The brain 'times' the passing of the day, they've even taken one of these cells and disconnected it from the other 'Time cells'.
It oscillated for 24 hours and then died.

Anyway I digress, the scientists believe that these cells are there to alert us about predators. As dawn breaks, these cells become really active and the experts see this as an alarm signal to indicate that other animals maybe about.

There is something else that is disturbing, these cells connect to neurons that 'kick start' puberty. This is where the Werewolf connection comes in.
For centuries, the tales of wolfmen have always been linked to the time when boys become men. you can see the obvious connection, sudden growths of hair, the voice deepening and the more subtle area of... should I say the interest in females.

It's just a thought, but we maybe more complex than we generally think.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i never saw a werewolf, but i have a recorrent dream with werewolves... i dont know what it means, it just keeps happening...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Again, your dreaming maybe growing sign. Please don't think I'm insulting you, we are all growing and learning.
It maybe that the season maybe changing where you are and again, you're adjusting to the time of year.
It's just a guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join