It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did our flu season go....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing this is a quote from one of my relatives that is a doctor

Health care friends, did everyone else’s flu season just sort of evaporate, or was it just us?

Which makes me wonder could Flu Season be a new or manipulated virus released each year "Flu Season" Just think of the money Flu Season brings in every year from Doctors , Insurance , Over the counter remedies , Prescription drugs , Flu shots etc..

Could this Covid-19 just be one that they were trying this year and it got out of hand ?

Yeah I know this is deep conspiracy but think about it for a moment .

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

It went into the Covid19 stats

+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

2020 flu cases and deaths are invaluable COVID cases and deaths now, needed to pad numbers and keep fear levels high. There's a conspiracy here, but I don't think it is the one you're thinking.

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Didn’t you hear? The flu is now called Covid-19.

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Like all of the above, it went to CoVid stats why you may ask?

Flu and pneumonia cases 0 federal dollars for states and hospitals

CoVid 19 cases mucho federal dinero for states and hospitals

We will likely never know the real totals ...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It didn't disappear.

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates - CDC

As it isn't over, they haven't finalized the numbers.

edit on 5/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't social distancing inhibit the spread of ordinary flu even more effectively than it inhibits the spread of Covid?

edit on 5-5-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Wouldn't social distancing inhibit the spread of ordinary flu even more effectively than it inhibits the spread of Covid?

Flu is endemic in humans. Yeah, it is communicable, but it also is so prevalent that almost all humans carry it in absence of symptoms. That's how they decide what vaccine to use each year, basing it off of whatever strain they see most carried in summer seasons when the virus tends to be far less symptomatic. I dont see social distancing taking a major bite out of flu numbers over the course of just 2 months.

That said, flu numbers could be predicted to be lower next year if social distancing lingers through summer and early fall.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sort of, most people stay away from others when they are sick from the flu or a cold. The difference is, supposedly not having symptoms for two weeks when infected with Covid-19. You wouldn't know to stay away if you didn't have symptoms.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I've been wondering the same thing this is a quote from one of my relatives that is a doctor

Health care friends, did everyone else’s flu season just sort of evaporate, or was it just us?

Which makes me wonder could Flu Season be a new or manipulated virus released each year "Flu Season" Just think of the money Flu Season brings in every year from Doctors , Insurance , Over the counter remedies , Prescription drugs , Flu shots etc..

Could this Covid-19 just be one that they were trying this year and it got out of hand ?

You might notice there aren't any cases of pneumonia either...The only cause of death now is the Chi-Com flu...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

You might notice there aren't any cases of pneumonia either...The only cause of death now is the Chi-Com flu...

Because, at least in US hospitals, it would appear there is no profit any longer unless the indicator COVID19 is attached to a patient. So all illnesses and deaths will now indicate COVID19 in some form or another. Gotta keep those $$ feeding the machine...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
States and hospitals are given money for every Covid-19 case they have from the federal government. The requirements for labeling Covid-19 in a patient are lax and include things like, a strong suspicion.

Make your own conclusions from there.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

You might notice there aren't any cases of pneumonia either...

There are reports that heart attacks and strokes have vanished too.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Like all of the above, it went to CoVid stats why you may ask?

Flu and pneumonia cases 0 federal dollars for states and hospitals

CoVid 19 cases mucho federal dinero for states and hospitals

We will likely never know the real totals ...

I am fascinated with the idea that there is more money in treating COVID-19.

Could you please identify how much more and how it is appropriated?

Also, wouldn't a health system that gives money priority over human health, be poisoned at the root?

Someone should do something about that.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The federal government, not the health care system (notice ours isn't federalized?) is giving hospitals more money for Covid "deaths", the hospitals aren't doing that. But yes, the fraud is real and rampant.
edit on 5-5-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Flu is endemic in humans. Yeah, it is communicable, but it also is so prevalent that almost all humans carry it in absence of symptoms. That's how they decide what vaccine to use each year, basing it off of whatever strain they see most carried in summer seasons when the virus tends to be far less symptomatic. I dont see social distancing taking a major bite out of flu numbers over the course of just 2 months.

That said, flu numbers could be predicted to be lower next year if social distancing lingers through summer and early fall.

Yes, social distancing would take a bite out of flu right away precisely because it's endemic. That fact that it's endemic means that a large fraction of the population already has some immunity/resistance to it. The technical definition of "endemic" is when the basic reproduction number, R, = 1. When R = 1, each person who is infected transfers the infection to one other person, on the average. That means the infection in the population neither grows bigger nor disappears entirely. Under business as usual--in other words no social distancing--R becomes slightly greater than 1 when the flu season starts. That's because a slightly different strain comes along seasonally and also, I think, because people become more susceptible to infection in cold weather. Under those condition, R rises slightly above 1, because there is now a slightly larger fraction of the population that is susceptible to infection. Because R is only slightly greater than 1 for the flu in most years, it will grow exponentially, but it doesn't take much to push it back down to 1 after 20% or so of the population has had it and the weather warms up.

When COVID19 hit, its initial R value was around 2.5, because it was novel--nobody had ever had it before--and we were still in the business-as-usual mode. Each infected person infected 2.5 other people, on the average. That means that about 60% of the population would have to have been infected in order for R to go down to 1. If, through social distancing, you reduced the average number of person-to-person contacts in the population from, let's say, 20 per day down to 10 per day, you would theoretically cut the R value of COVID19 down to 1.25--about what it is for the flu in average year. But the same social distancing means you would expect to cut the R value for seasonal flu down to 0.65--a number less than 1. That means that the seasonal flu would very quickly die out.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps people practicing social distancing helped reduce the flu season

That would make sense to me

Maybe to you as well

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Where did our flu season go....

Somewhere...Covid the rainbow, perhaps.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 5/5/20 by Gothmog because: Just dang....what the Hades was I a thinking ?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
Perhaps people practicing social distancing helped reduce the flu season

That would make sense to me

Maybe to you as well

Or , perhaps it was the Atlantic Gulf Stream a shiftin

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join