It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Normal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So stuff always changes, there's always going to be a new normal after big stuff happens. After 9/11, WWI, WWII, after Obama, after Trump, after everything there is a new normal. It always fluxes. People are so upset at having to do things differently after the virus or risk the cops coming down and being like "yo bro you can't do that" and arresting your happy selves right off your front lawn party.

So yeah the government sucks we know that
Yeah the lockdown sucks we agree on that
Yeah the virus is probably 50% virus 50% some kind of conspiracy tool

But what are we gonna do about it? Is protesting and fighting going to keep our rights so the GubMent doesn't lock us into a post-COVID nanny state? Is fighting back going to work? Under a conservative leadership yes maybe, and it has worked in some states
But if JoJo or similar gets the seat, then what? More hand holding, fake love, a virtual hug and a "safer 10' away" sticker for your fakke book?

So if people all just kept living life normally despite new laws and stuff think about it, how full would the jails be? Ha, and they were worried about hospitals overflowing...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

"New normal" just means things have changed, get used to it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Damn DB, a little cranky today?

I know, I miss my local bar and fresh IPA on tap too.....
edit on 5-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Damn DB, a little cranky today?

I know, I’m miss my local bar and fresh IPA on tap too.....

HA!

It wasn't meant as cranky towards the OP.

(apologies if it came off that way)

What I meant was, when people use the term, "New Normal", they want things changed and don't give a tinkers damn what you or I think other than accept it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It's called Civil disobedience, I think one of the best form of protest. What's the worst they can do?

lock you in, if you don't disobey you are already locking yourself in, so there is nothing to loose anyways...

Might not take long and word on the street will be the biggest party is to be had in prison

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yeah, kinda agree., but I'd go further and say it's whatever people are prepared to accept without feeling they can change or grow things more themselves.

Apathy.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It was the year 2020 the air had become poisoned so the dregs that had survived the great social justice wars had to encase themselves in rubber and breathe through masks.

This was the new reality, fear your fellow man, they might have bat aids.

top topics

join