It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Even More Contagious Strain! Or MSM Guide On How To Spread More Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is something I see constantly in the media. And it's not just used for the virus. They do this with just about every "news" article. A big scary headline followed by some big scary paragraphs. You have to read all the way to the bottom to find out what they don't want you to read.

They count on people only reading the headline or skimming the first few paragraphs. Those people in turn, run with it and spread the fear.

Today's example is from yahoo news, but I see this done from ALL the main suspects. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, AP, etc they all do it.

Here is the head line.

A mutant coronavirus has emerged, even more contagious than the original, study says

Be afraid people! It's mutating so it can killz you even quicker!

Then you get the first few paragraphs.

Scientists have identified a new strain of the coronavirus that has become dominant worldwide and appears to be more contagious than the versions that spread in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new study led by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory.

The new strain appeared in February in Europe, migrated quickly to the East Coast of the United States and has been the dominant strain across the world since mid-March, the scientists wrote.

In addition to spreading faster, it may make people vulnerable to a second infection after a first bout with the disease, the report warned.

Oh no!

THEN if you want to keep reading you actually have to click a button that loads the rest of the story.

For the few people that actually do so, you then get another 20 or so paragraphs telling you why to be more skeered before finally coming to the fact of the matter buried in the last few paragraphs.

“We are looking to identify the mutation,” he said, noting that his hospital has had only a few deaths out of the hundreds of cases it has treated, which is “quite a different story than we are hearing from New York."

Wait, what? This was supposed to be worse!!!

People infected with the mutated strain appear to have higher viral loads. But the study's authors from the University of Sheffield found that among a local sample of 447 patients, hospitalization rates were about the same for people infected with either virus version.

Of course the truth about mutations is known and not unexpected or even really a bad thing.

“The rate at which this virus is mutating or evolving is not unexpected; it’s exactly what we would expect for a virus like this,” says Nathan Grubaugh, a virologist at the Yale School of Public Health in New Haven, Connecticut. “All viruses continuously evolve and there shouldn’t be anything alarming about the process in general.”

However, the bulk of the mutations that appear as a virus spreads are either harmful to the virus itself (meaning it is less likely to survive or replicate) or don’t change how it functions. Additionally, the two characteristics that are of most concern right now—how contagious the virus is and how harmful it is to its hosts—are controlled by multiple genes, Grubaugh says. Changing these characteristics is a complicated process, and not often the work of a single mutation. So the odds of the virus mutating in such a way that it actually becomes more lethal or contagious over the timescale of weeks, months, or even a couple years aren’t very high.

Link

Try to read the whole article or at least skip to the bottom and see what they think you won't read.

edit on 5/5/2020 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

There are no "strains" its all fear mongering....there is one single Pleomorphic Bacteria.An extremely simple causality to remediate.

The gut is the BASE.....

Get it?...BASS.

www.bing.com... h%3Fq%3Dits%2Bal%2Babout%2Bthat%2Bbss%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I always read the last paragraph first. It blows up shocking headlines 99.99% of the time. If you want to really be entertained, look up the authors who use this tactic. Bunch of tools and worthless activists who have no accomplishments in life. Many of them have no background in actual journalism. English major or some political science degree which are both worthless in the real world.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yahoo thanks you for being its 20th reader this week!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This morning I watched my local MSM Satan worshippers having a Q&A about Covid facts......these Reporters and hired phoney Drs are LIEING TO OUR CHILDREN....this is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.....they are relying on the weaponised bastardised data given to them by their collusionary partners to back them up....they are relying on the intentional confusion caused by WEAPONISED CONTRASTS INSERTED INTO THE MASS MSM PROJECTIONS....meaning they are playing both sides of the Fence...they are creating a smokescreen by broadcasting intentionally very different narratives to keep everyone confused and to leave a grey area open they can weaponize against us all.

I don't care how you try to spin it....they lied to my Grandfather...they lied to my Father....they lied to me......Ill be dammed if they are gonna do it again.

Lieing to KIDS????…..that Reporter an that DR. working with the Owners of the MSM station and Drs Professional Associations in a collisional manner need to be arrested and charged with the incitement and support of Crimes against Humanity.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yahoo thanks you for being its 20th reader this week!

Lol, that's why I said it isn't just them. BUT, yahoo is linked on the main page of the Drudge report right now so I'm sure they're getting some heavy traffic. Or at the very least, lots of people are reading the skeery headline.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
There are no "strains" its all fear mongering....there is one single Pleomorphic Bacteria.

Your uneducated and unscientific opinion is just as bad as the fear mongering.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The only realistic goal of any fedgov effort was and always has been to not overwhelm the healthcare system so new patients would not have healthcare available, then they would be more susceptible to die. The planet and the US has finite healthcare resources that has numbers.

Moving the goalposts to “stop all virus spread” is like trying to drill the perfect 1/4” hole in the water of a pond. BTW, we can also change the temperature on the surface of Mars.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh noes.. a new Virus?!

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It's called "marketing"...give a person to read "See them now!"...which makes you click and flip so you can't help but see the ads...

Brilliant actually, and time-tested...you want more(especially slideshows)...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are no "strains" its all fear mongering....there is one single Pleomorphic Bacteria.

Your uneducated and unscientific opinion is just as bad as the fear mongering.

You are the past Augie...We the People are the future.

edit on 5-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It's called "marketing"...give a person to read "See them now!"...which makes you click and flip so you can't help but see the ads...

It's about more than just ad revenue. The headline would be all they need if that was the case and the real info wouldn't always be buried at the bottom.

Also, ad blocker helps with that

edit on 5-5-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Wait, what?

Seriously. What does any of that mean?

Out of the sky and into the dirt.
edit on 5-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Typical of the MSM, fear sells, fear gets viewers and readers. Everyday multiple times a day the news makes sure we know the latest death toll and people on ventilators. Along with the liberal talking points of lockdown lockdown lockdown, test test test.

They just make s**t up and try to get away with it, and they do especially with people that lack critical thinking skills and need/want to be told what to do by authority and authority by proxy (which is the MSM)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Not really sure what that has to do with you making things up but if you want to cite the United States Declaration of Independence as a Canadian then knock yourself out.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I heard there was 2 strains of it now I was reading up on it a few days back
Some pros and cons. The con is that its more contagious, but the pro is that it seems less harmful.

I didn't read that you could get infected by both versions though. With these mutations, its typically one or the other because they are soo similar that the antigens you make post sickness will make light work of the next version.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It's about more than just ad revenue. The headline would be all they need if that was the case and the real info wouldn't always be buried at the bottom.

Also, ad blocker helps with that

100%....but I don't use any ad blockers...and have never gotten many ads.

Always logged on, always open ATS....and all my browser's same time...

And even I want to see what my favorite star "looks like now"....but kids....just say no

Peace Faux
edit on 5-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I hope it doesn't mutate into a murder hornet.
We already have murder hornets.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

There are no "strains" its all fear mongering....there is one single Pleomorphic Bacteria.An extremely simple causality to remediate.

Viruses are not bacteria.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Viruses are not bacteria.

I used to think that but then I began communicating with Bigfoots after being abducted by space aliens. Now I think everything is BOBBY PleomORRphic bacteria, slap shotting people in their immune system. Only free energy can cure this now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join