It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Dead in Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
50th anniversary of the Kent state killings.

Funny how students don't act up - they are BOUND by student debt. Nothing changes just the suppression is by economic means instead of armed force.

Happy History

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Have to be honest, that is a really disingenuous title given the current state of the world.

I guarantee you , especially on a conspiracy website like ATS has become, that someone is going to see that and think it's something breaking going on.

As to the post, yeah..Kent State is a horrible black mark that should never be forgotten.

edit on 4-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Have to be honest, that is a really disingenuous title given the current state of the world.

I guarantee you , especially on a conspiracy website like ATS has become, that someone is going to see that and think it's something breaking going on.

As to the post, yeah..Kent State is a horrible black mark that should never be forgotten.

Can't blame a guy for using good marketing techniques. Great job OP.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Not so equal. Not so free.

To the fallen, in hope that we can learn and change!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Back then? Or now? If you mean now, who's not free In the U.S.? Give examples.

Are you saying the civil rights movement never took place? You're confusing. Today's SJW acts like we're still living pre-civil rights era, almost just to try to find something to bitch about.

edit on 4-5-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Actually everyone learned and changed .
Learn from one's mistakes and bad judgements that they not be repeated.
That's what folks do.
From a US citizen of that day and age.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why just Kent State and never Jackson State ?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I remember talking to a former Marine about this incident. We were in the break room and around a dozen people were participating.

One of the women says, "how could you shoot a defenseless woman?"

The old marine says, "it's easy...just don't lead them as far"....

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I can see it happening today but the reason will be;

They weren't wearing masks.
They weren't social distancing.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope. We learned 50 years ago and the Lockdown protestors keep arms just in case. We won’t allow what CHiPs recently did in Cali here.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I was there...and 17...from Ann Arbor

edit on 4-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Nah. Everyone knows four dead in ohio refers to Kent state. Well everyone that has a classic rock radio station

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't like being that one guy but.....did it really happen as you know it? Did anyone get shot? There's plenty of things that say it did not.

By things I mean pictures, police records, witness accounts, and nefarious mother #ers involved.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DukeMisterio

I was there. Yes. It happened. Bullets whizzed by my head

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

especially on a conspiracy website like ATS has become,

Has become? The word conspiracy is in the name of half the forums.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Nah. Everyone knows four dead in ohio refers to Kent state. Well everyone that has a classic rock radio station

Read the title and 1st thing in my head..

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin'
We're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drummin'
Four dead in Ohio

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Dandy Warhols cover:

edit on 4-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

especially on a conspiracy website like ATS has become,

Has become? The word conspiracy is in the name of half the forums.

Eh..Certainly felt like ATS used to be about Denying Ignorance vs being another version of BiN but Hell on another thread Im guilty of lowering the quality here so hey I shouldn't complain about what this place was when Im contributing to what it has now become.

ANyway, I think the title of the thread should have been worded differently but the message is still applicable, Kent State was a tragedy that should never be forgotten.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can see it happening today but the reason will be;

They weren't wearing masks.
They weren't social distancing.

Or, that they weren't Complying' Complying is an establishment word that's built into law enforcement, while it's pure legalise, you can still get your face pushed into the dirt or tarmac, your clothes and person damaged, and get a boot on your throat.
It's nothing to do with having actually done something wrong though.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Back then? Or now? If you mean now, who's not free In the U.S.? Give examples.

Incarceration in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you saying the civil rights movement never took place? You're confusing. Today's SJW acts like we're still living pre-civil rights era, almost just to try to find something to bitch about.

OK, you asked.

You have people who were born in the US, have been educated, and have worked, and lived their whole lives in the US, who have never even seen another country, but who do not have the rights of US citizens. You have special police to arrest them and special courts to charge them and to deport them, to what is to them, a foreign country.

Even with the civil rights movement (which mostly gained rights for African Americans, and not for others) you still have a vastly unequal record of imprisonment on a racial basis. The strongest anti-slavery clause of your Constitution (13th Amendment) has an exception and so still allows legal slave ownership!

You have school Civics classes that are mandatory and that present only one political system. You have people who are accused of being 'unpatriotic' merely for suggesting that there are things wrong with your society. A patriot seeks for the betterment of his fellow citizens, not for the status quo and especially in regard to human rights and fairness.

Despite the staggering wealth of the few, you have vast numbers of people who are homeless or otherwise living below the poverty line. The usual excuse is to say they all must have mental problems - that's what the Nazi's said about their 'problems', too.

You have a legal system that provides for bail - but only for those that can afford it.

White, wealthy, male privilege still exists strongly in US society. Some people simply can't get ahead, no matter how hard they try.

... and you label those who see that there are still issues as 'social justice warriors' as if they were reacting to something that doesn't affect the life, status, and incomes of hundreds of thousands who are trapped by an authoritarian adherence to rules which can often be irrelevant to the situation.

edit on 4/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join