It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NASA hiding the discovery of alien life on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Mars is dead. Probably always has been. The thing about life is that it will fill every available nook and cranny if given the chance. Land pretty much anywhere on Earth and you can find it in ten minutes or less. Not so with Mars.

I don't see NASA being secretive about ET life. It would make them possibly the most important agency on Earth if that was the case. Funding beyond belief. So, no.

Bow can you say mars is dead, when they do not know it is dead. There could be some form of life on mars, even if it's micro organisms. Even experts say this could be the case regarding micro organisms. Which means it would not be a dead planet.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yes I do too, just not sure it is very advanced, and as you have pointed out now probably more microbial. But Mars had water billions of years before earth did, so I always keep an open mind about everything.

edit on 05am31am5091 by data5091 because: typo

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Mars is dead. Probably always has been. The thing about life is that it will fill every available nook and cranny if given the chance. Land pretty much anywhere on Earth and you can find it in ten minutes or less. Not so with Mars.

I don't see NASA being secretive about ET life. It would make them possibly the most important agency on Earth if that was the case. Funding beyond belief. So, no.

Unless there is a very serious classified mandate for them to not to reveal. Same as the military won't reveal classified info related to non human life. Plus the military industrial complex (which includes NASA) already has unlimited funding through all kinds of means, not just tax payer funded. NASA doesn't make the rules they must follow either.

Yeah, but that's just another hypothetical, just like the "microbes" so many people think are crawling around in the cold, alkaline Martian dirt. The only place I've ever even seen mention of such a secrecy order is in speculation. And again, after 70 years or so something like that would have probably leaked out, especially with so many civilian contractors involved.

Based on the evidence so far, Earth continues to have a monopoly on life.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Very few of the landscape 'anomalies' on Mars intrigue me as I believe 99% are down to Pareidolia in heaps of rock piles. Granted, features such as the monoliths are interesting but better imagery is needed before any conclusions can be drawn. Does the discovery of even micro-biological life on another planet increase the possibility of more advanced life elsewhere in the Universe?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The Navy is the gate keeper for NASA classified info.

The US has spent a lot of time and money learning what it has learned about Mars. You don't just give that away to the world.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think all the good stuff on Mars is underground.

Maybe even complex life.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Dr John Brandenburg from NASA, says that there is an abnormal amount Xe-129. Permanently, this isotope is formed during a nuclear explosion.

I have researched that a little and It doesn't look like it is real.

With that intro, now to the claim of it being on Mars. From what I could find, there is a December 1976 paper in the journal Science entitled, "The Atmosphere of Mars: Detection of Krypton and Xenon." The third sentence of the abstract states, "the ratio of xenon-129 to xenon-132 is enhanced on Mars relative to the terrestrial value for this ratio." It goes on to say, "Some possible implications of these findings are discussed."

To be completely honest, I was surprised. I did not expect this to pan out, given perhaps some of my more recent podcast episodes. So, what Viking found is that the ratio of 129 to 132 is not 0.97 as on Earth, but 2.5(+2)(-1) -- significantly more 129 than 132. But, that's as far as I can follow Brandenburg. For a couple reasons. Well, two.

First, I can't find anything about xenon-129 being produced in nuclear explosions. In supernovae, sure, those produce pretty much everything. They're an alchemist's dream. But not a nuclear weapon. The only stuff I could find on the production of xenon-129 is from the decay of radioactive iodine-129 into xenon-129. Iodine-129 has a half-life of about 16 million years, meaning that within 160 million years, less than 0.1% of the original amount of iodine-129 will remain. Meaning that all the iodine-129 originally part of any planet will have decayed by now into xenon-129 unless you're a young-Earth creationist. So, again, problem #1 so far is that unless this is top-secret knowledge or Google has failed me, xenon-129 is not produced in nuclear bombs. Which pretty much is the foundation of his idea.

Was Mars Murdered?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join