It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New GoPro Hero 7! My long range drone looks cinematic now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hey all,

Got my new GoPro Hero 7 Black for my long range drone. Video came out way better than I had hoped. This is a cinematic flight. Nothing crazy. Just spring time in New England.

I wanted to give my XL7V4 build and new GoPro, a proper test. Last nights atmospheric conditions were perfect. With one spotter in my goggles, and 2 on the ground, I was able to fly pretty far. We threw on a couple 1.5W Super Bright RC LEDs front and back to assist with spotting. The performance of the GoPro was better than I had hoped. I limited ISO to 400 and had pro-tune enabled. All I did was bump contrast post processing and exported at 4k 60fps (64Mbps bit-rate H.264). Now I need to find some new awesome locations to fly! Hope you enjoy!

I hope you enjoy!
edit on 4-5-2020 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey, really really like seeing the country there.....in Texas, we have no idea of land like that in the shots....

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Drone shots definitely have a place in film but Now it seems the wide opening establishing shot with a drone has become cliche; Thus we have moved on to extreme closeups with a pull out to reveal the opening scene... But that's cliche as well so....

But a gopro drone is perfect for documenting a place, like you just did. Very nice!!
edit on 4-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Best yet!

Very impressive.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You finally went and did it. The beautiful scenery from above with the chill tune made me lapse into a dream world. Do more like this. I could loop this and fall asleep to it at night. Great job!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Amazing. I wish I could afford a drone setup like this. Bravo sir plus the music choice is amazing

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey all,

Thank you for the kind words. Its hard to express the experience when I'm locked in the goggles flying. I would definitely categorize it as out of body. I'm just happy I have a way to share it with you all.

My hopes this year, is to get out and film footage from many different area's around me. All unique and different in their own ways.

Cheerz! Thank you all, for sharing this hobby with me!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

That is honestly epic!

Thank you.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I just bought a GoPro 8 and have a 5. What kind of drone is that and what is the experience needed and costs?

Beautiful video btw!

new topics

top topics

join