It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hum: Revisited Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's been a long time since I've posted about the hum, a subject I've always found interesting.
Many researchers have come to some form of a conclusion that the hum is usually either something caused by movements of things on the earth, a form of tinnitus, or the brain interpreting electrical signals from somewhere as sound.
Given the changes of activity and movement on the planet during the pandemic, I'm interested to know if any hum-experiencers all over the planet have noticed any changes in the hum over the past few months. Increases? Decreases? Changes in tone, frequency?

I live in a rural area near several bodies of water and have noticed an increase in the hum, not a decrease. My "hum" is locational and I'm certain it's not tinnitus as I have that too and that doesn't change based on where I am. The hum I only hear in certain areas and I can feel it.

Any hummers notice any changes lately? You'd think with less things shaking the earth (cars, flying machines, etc) that you'd hear less hum, but for me it's been the opposite, so I don't know. Maybe studying the hum in relation to activity on the earth can better pinpoint exactly what it is and why we hear and feel it.

Also for tinnitus hummers, I wonder if 5G is capable of causing any changes... I'm not anti 5G but it's an interesting thought that different EMFs around may affect some people's tinnitus and hum perceptions. Sketchy source but lookie here anyway: www.naturalscience.org...

"But, as countless studies prove, it is kept secret that wireless radiation can seriously damage health and lead to headaches, lack of energy, tinnitus and even cancer.”

So anyway, all these changes afoot, I'm interested to see how the hum changes with all of this. It seems to have been all but forgotten.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Several months ago, I went to a faith-based recovery program in Riverton Wyoming. During my stay there, the first week was literally Hell, I walked around in a fog for a week without any sleep. I would hear this medium-ranged hum every night around 1am and it would continue to at least around 3am. I didn't think much of it at first, as I had other things to deal with. After I finally collapsed and spent a couple days in the hospital, I came back to the program and was able sleep and feel at least physically stable and functioning again.

As the days went on, I noticed the hum getting more noticeable. I thought maybe the acoustics were just weird in the building (It was a very large laundry facility back in the day, then converted into a church), and I even rationalized that it could have been a cellphone vibrating from the room next door. No-one was allowed to have cellphones in the program except people who had completed their 60 or 120 days. A couple guys in the next room had completed it.

I told one of my bunkmates about it, and immediately, he said his ears would start ringing around the same time. His was high in frequency, and mine was mid frequency. I ended up going to the next room over about 30 days in. I heard it in there too, and there were no cellphones making noise in there. One guy had a cellphone, and it sounded like a normal cellphone with an annoying ringer, no vibrate mode or hums about it.

Anyway, just something weird, that I doubt I'll ever be able to fully explain. One other strange occurrence happened there, however. When I was staying in the first room, one guy freaked out like a little girl after going to the bathroom around 1am. He ran into the room claiming he heard a girl crying in the bathroom. 2 other bunkmates concurred that they heard it too. I walked out past the sanctuary and checked the both bathrooms, didn't hear a thing. The other guys swore there was a girl crying, however. Coincidentally, that next day, a young lady did come to the church and she was crying hysterically for about 15 minutes. Weird.

Sorry for the long story, but I had meant to share it somewhere anyway, and this seems like a good place to put it. Maybe some "hums" are spiritual in nature. That place has seen thousands of people come and go over the years, and it's a pretty good hotspot for heightened spiritual activity if you ask me.

Thanks for the thread!

edit on 4-5-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

This is probably meaningless for this discussion but it's worth a mention.

Our cabin in northern Michigan is on the Antrim shale deposit. For many years, in the 100,000 acres of forests around us, there were large, very large NG powered engines pumping water into the shale to get the natural gas out. From 10 miles away, these things sound like the hum you're hearing. You can't hear it when there's ambient sounds li,e wind but when it was still, the damn hum. Used to bug me until they stopped using them.

www.frontiersin.org...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am still entertaining the idea that the "hum" is from tunnel boring machines working tirelessly under our feet.

The sound of the hum comes and goes because they dig and move on, stop, start and sit around until the tunnels are ready to be extended.

Perhaps.

The other theory which I have experience of, is hydro pumps that can focus the sound when there are low levels of cloud bouncing the hum back to surrounding areas.

Drove me crazy and I wondered how the neighbours of the horse breeding farm who used the pump for thermal heating of the stables could put up with it. I was about 5km away and they were next door. I lived in a bowl shaped terrain in a valley and it obviously focused right at my little house in the middle of nowhere when it was very low clouds.

Sensitive things aren't we?

edit on 4/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is this hum that is being discussed similar to those loud trumpeting noises that were being heard in Michigan, Canada, Norway. And Sweden etc? Or like a loud distant screeching grinding noise?

I find this really interesting, has there been any theories about what is causing it? I've heard everything from it could be ice, crust/tectonic plate movement and even some weird sky elemental dragon things that live in the upper atmosphere.

I like the tunnel machine idea another poster put out there. The us government is doing all sorts of weird things and building a national network of tunnels and d.u.m.b.s (deep underground military bases) would seem absolutely plausible in this time, if they don't exist already. But still, some of those trumpeting noises heard in the upper northern hemisphere are just strange and I have no clue what they could be.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
When I moved to SE Michigan a few years ago I started hearing a low hum. It is definitely not tinnitus. I have to sleep with a noise maker because of my tinnitus and this hum cuts through other sounds and I sort of feel it in my gut. I also hear it more in certain areas of the house and only occasionally can I hear it outdoors.

I hear it on average a few times a month and now that you mentioned it I haven't heard it in a few months. Makes me think whatever it is isn't running right now since the lockdown. Or perhaps it's some bizarre highway oscillating and with traffic down I haven't heard it.

This would be a good time for scientist to see if the hum worldwide has gone during this pandemic.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Near me is the Windsor Hum but I'm not sure that is what I hear. My hum is very low drone. I have often thought it might be infrasound because I can feel it as well.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
More of a ringing (tinnitus) than a hum and definitely more noticeable since this covid nonsense hit. I'm in North TX

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

That idea fascinates me. It sounds so far fetched that it's hard to believe on the surface (no pun intended) but it's entirely possible and you just never know. Ever since I read about those old and thoroughly debunked DIA bunker conspiracies, I've been wondering if there really IS some underground network we don't know about. It would make sense.

I've wondered if some of those high pitched shriek/trumpeting noises reported in the northern hemisphere have been a large underground train braking. Sounds nuts and there's probably a more rational explanation (leaking air somewhere?) but like I said, it's absolutely possible.

Think about Disney World. There's a whole very cool tunnel system under the parks that most people AFAIK don't know much about and only the cast members (employees) get to access (except if you pay, they will give you a tour). Imagine what could be under our towns, cities, etc.

Interesting.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I've never even thought about a possible spiritual/paranormal link with the hum. Very cool story and thanks for sharing. You have given me a lot to think about. Maybe energies of different timelines (ghosts could well be a person/spirit dislocated in time) can bleed into our minds and cause interference perceived as a humming or ringing noise. I don't know, I'm not an expert on paranormal stuff, just thinking "out loud."
Great post.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

So you haven't heard it in a few months? Let's start some kind of poll to keep track of this!

I don't know how or where to start a poll in the world of the wide web but it would be a great study or survey with questions like:

>typical hum questions like on the world hum map (age, location, frequency of hum, habits, health conditions, geographical info, etc etc)
>did you hear it more or less before the lockdowns?
>did the sound change in tone, frequency, or time of day heard?
>do you live by an area where many things shut down due to the pandemic?
etc etc etc

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't hear the hum where I live now but when I go visit friends in Taos NM, sometimes I hear it some times I don't.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Near me is the Windsor Hum but I'm not sure that is what I hear. My hum is very low drone. I have often thought it might be infrasound because I can feel it as well.

That's an interesting thought about the infrasound, it could be for sure, and obviously is not tinnitus because you can feel the vibrations. I suspect that 95%of reports of this hum or trumpeting are not tinnitus but something very otherworldly or some secret "worldly" explanation.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
The other theory which I have experience of, is hydro pumps that can focus the sound when there are low levels of cloud bouncing the hum back to surrounding areas.
I never solved the mystery of the hum I heard. It was noticeable in my bedroon which seemed to act like a resonator or amplifier so I could hear it, but when I went outside to attempt to track down the source, I could only hear crickets and I couldn't hear the hum.

My best guess of the hum source was some kind of hydro pump, and I was surrounded by farms that might have been using them. More distant but maybe 20 miles away was a military base so I never ruled that out either.

When I moved out of that house, I never heard the hum again, so it was something I could only hear in that house and the sound wasn't coming from anywhere in that house, it was something regional to that location, and obviously not tinnitus.

I'm frankly glad I don't hear it anymore, it was a little annoying and disconcerting.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I haven't heard the hum in months now which really makes me think it has to be something not operating during the lockdown.

It would be really great if we could get some data on the world wide hum since lockdown.

I could see where it might be worse if whatever is causing it hasn't shutdown since it's been quiet otherwise.

I can near helicopters more now than previously simply because it's so quiet otherwise.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to say it. Invisible Alien spacecrafts.

I will say this again. US lost the galactic war before it even began because jackass were hoarding tech in Area51 and suppressing technology to public access. This is the Year of the Rat. It is time to start ratting more jackasses. That is why 2020 is getting bad, really bad because all Gov both East and West are fking hiding # from civilian population. Can keep blaming China all you want makes no difference.

Fk the Gov groups, time to declassify all info.
edit on 10-5-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
here in Victoria, Australia, there is a bit of a "hum". I say hum but it's more of a rumble, something like thunder or a train going by nearby, only it happens without regard to weather conditions, on no discernable schedule, and in places where you can't hear the nearest trains anyway. It goes on for minutes at a time, rising and falling in volume subtly until at times it's almost sumbliminal and makes it hard to tell when it starts and stops.
The last place i lived, it was extremely noticeable at times and i would sometimes hear it late at night over the TV i was listening to on headphones, and on a couple of occassions i could even feel vibration in the windowsill coinciding. My housemates thought i was mad at first - it seems to be the sort of 'urban noise experience' that can be easy to relegate to the subconscious - but i pointed it out when we were together one day and from then on they were as confused as i was and all seperately attempted to research/hunt it down to no result.
I moved a few suburbs over last year and while i still notice it sometimes, i'm in a much busier, louder area where it's much easier to mask.
i have noticed it a couple of times since the lockdown but haven't noted times or frequencies or anything.
i'll pay more attention in the next few weeks and see what i can observe.

top topics

join