It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued harsh and restrictive COVID 19 Governors orders are anti-humanitarian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Actually, IIRC, Michigan residents were told NOT to wear N95 masks, as they should be saved for healthcare workers.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

New prediction: if even half the states are still on lockdown for Memorial Day weekend — expect that to be the true beginning of discord. This will mark the second holiday in a row on lockdown.

Actually, it will be three.
Easter
Mother's Day
Memorial Day

Three big days for retail and restaurant sales.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Athetos

It's the dummies like AOC that are costing people lots of jobs and opening the door for those who wish to work... Damn she's stupid.

It's ok being stupid. She doesn't worry me. What worries me is it takes a lot of stupid people to elect someone like her. The "squad", Maxine, few more real winners in TX. It took a lot of them. I had a history teacher make this point about Hitler. It took a lot of Hitlers to actual create Hitler. He was nothing but a crappy painter and loser before all the Hitlers propped him up.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Klassified
"There is no doubt in my mind, that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor." - Professor Michael Levitt

Thanks for the quote, I'm going to borrow it for my signature.

Thing is, if you read the entire article he is a liberal and progressive. So that makes the quote even more poignant.

I lean a bit to the left myself, but right now I'd vote for a bible thumping evangelical before I'd give the liberals my vote, and that's tough for this atheist to admit.
edit on 5/4/2020 by Klassified because: eta

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wait till you see what happens when the big cities stay on lock-down, in attempts to further damage the economy, but the surrounding rural areas open.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Actually, IIRC, Michigan residents were told NOT to wear N95 masks, as they should be saved for healthcare workers.

Which is interesting, since the experts and politicians tell us that the masks don't protect the wearer, but only protect others.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Four for our state: St. Patrick's Day. I believe stay-at-home directives started just one week after that, but the parade was cancelled and the bars were empty. This in a city where large swaths awaken and hit the pubs at 6am on that hallowed day, and keep going until bar close that evening. We even get free bus service that evening.

The city is still thinking of having the DNC convention here despite every other fest and fair cancelling. I am still not confident that Summerfest (now Fallfest) will actually occur in September, but I can be pretty sure the state fair and all the attendant animals and throngs of people will soon announce it's cancellation too.

What a summer. I wasn't really planning to attend a lot of these as walking a lot is hard on me now that I'm older, and I've been plenty of times in the past, but something about all summer fun being ixnay'ed in the City of Festivals makes me unsettled. I am sure a lot of people will be thrilled to work hard all week and have nothing to look forward to. I imagine a lot more crimes and DUI's to come.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: KKLOCO

New prediction: if even half the states are still on lockdown for Memorial Day weekend — expect that to be the true beginning of discord. This will mark the second holiday in a row on lockdown.

Actually, it will be three.
Easter
Mother's Day
Memorial Day

Three big days for retail and restaurant sales.

Excellent point. If people are still told to stay home with public parks closed for discouragement of socializing — expect there to be serious unrest ON Memorial Day weekend.

This reminds me of an old Italian phrase: ‘Ya mess with the bull, ya get the horns’

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread SnF.

I wanted to add to your pubic transportation problem.

I have a theory about why New York, New Jersey and other densely populated areas are hit the hardest.

I think it’s due to viral load.

I think in more spread out environments someone might get a small dose of the disease from one source for a short period of time. In this situation the bodies immune system responds and develops the antibodies necessary to defeat the virus.

In more densely populated areas someone is more likely to get infected from multiple sources with prolonged exposure to those sources. Meaning a much higher viral lode at the initial onset. This would give the virus more of an advantage in attacking the body.

It’s basically the difference between going to war against a few hundred enemies or a few thousand enemies. Most of us can handle a few hundred but when the numbers start out significantly higher we are more likely to get a serious or deadly infection.

I think this is also why there is no one size fits all approach.

edit on 4-5-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Death rates in the United States have been going down, not up, since the beginning of the year

Dr. Klaus L.E. Kaiser

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Them pesky dems are so clever, they got most of the red state governors and like 200 other countries to play along!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TGunner
Death rates in the United States have been going down, not up, since the beginning of the year

Dr. Klaus L.E. Kaiser

On the news today they said cases are going up but ONLY because of increased testing. Deaths have gone down. They said employers who test are finding people who didn't even know they were sick they had it so mild.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yeah. But the consensus in Media is die die die, everyones dying.

The panic and chaos being pushed by the New York Times is comical.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Important thread.

The UN estimates that over 100 million people worldwide will starve to death due to the cascading economic impacts of the shutdowns.

People who support the shutdowns need to stop their holier than thou attitude that they are the only ones concerned with preventing misery and death.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Flag Day and Independence Day are coming...with a spoonful of irony.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: SaturnFX

You totally ignore the concept...like most.

Infected infrastructure...to think of "me, me, I'm not gonna...etc"...you miss an important point we 1st Responders find too real:

Go back to work. Can you be sure you, your customers, co-workers, pedestrians, delivery drivers, stockeepers, suppliers...and at the gas station, party stores you stop on your daily travels...that everyone of those x how many they contact x you and your rights x....etc.

My mask...helps YOU from be infected.

Don't do anything! But throw out your home smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors for the same reason...

Gonna assume you were addressing someone else?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sting operation exposes CBS News and their role in the covid-19 hype, that shut down America... damaging millions of families.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here in my little spot in Michigan I notice the 2 commercial construction jobs were working today even though they can't till next week. Another restaurant has signs out front as does the local gym. Back to reality.'

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

IIRC, construction and realtor business resumes on Thursday, May 7th..

Some elective surgery began yesterday.
www.bridgemi.com...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We were never sure that social distancing to this degree was even going to work or had/has anything to do with anything.

LINK

Study on social distancing in Europe:

This phenomenological study assesses the impacts of full lockdown strategies applied in Italy, France, Spain and United Kingdom, on the slowdown of the 2020 COVID-19 outbreak. Comparing the trajectory of the epidemic before and after the lockdown, we find no evidence of any discontinuity in the growth rate, doubling time, and reproduction number trends. Extrapolating pre-lockdown growth rate trends, we provide estimates of the death toll in the absence of any lockdown policies, and show that these strategies might not have saved any life in western Europe. We also show that neighboring countries applying less restrictive social distancing measures (as opposed to police-enforced home containment) experience a very similar time evolution of the epidemic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join