It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued harsh and restrictive COVID 19 Governors orders are anti-humanitarian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The time has come to address the human toll that restricting the liberty of the citizenry of the US by forcing many to stay isolated and highly restricting their movements has had. For too long now the human toll has been totally ignored and I have yet to hear a single Governor or Politician address this epidemic of human tragedy that has resulted from the enforced isolation of an entire population. It is time to address it and take action.

While the first set of Governors orders were necessary to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed, continuing to do so is greatly harming the mental and physical health of the nation.

Suicide due to isolation has taken a huge toll, a few weeks ago in TN the suicide death rate was higher than the COVID 19 death rate.

Child abuse has exploded with children locked in their homes with their abusers, unable to tell anyone or for anyone to see their battered little bodies.

Domestic violence has risen also with victims locked silently in with their abusers.

Mental illness is nearly at epidemic levels: Every single study every done on isolation shows that isolation CAUSES mental illness,

People are dying from preventable diseases due to the relentless media coverage and political pronouncements that have led people to conclude that to go to the hospital IS to catch COVID 19 which WILL result in them dying the most horrible death imaginable. Women have been terrified to go to the hospital to give birth because the media coverage has terrified them into a deep and abiding fear of even going near a hospital.

The human toll, the humanitarian toll has been much larger than anyone will acknowledge, especially the anti-liberty crowd just doesn't want to believe the human toll and has stuck their heads in the sand.

The other response to the humanitarian tragedy by the anti-liberty people is that it is worth the human toll to "save lives". Even though less than 0.01% of the entire population of the US has died to date of COVID 19. They feel the human tragedy is worth it or pretend it isn't happening.

Even when presented with the links below the anti-liberty people scream that there is no evidence of human tragedy resulting from enforced isolation for long periods of time for the entire population.

Because of the people who won't believe the human toll and who are taking the anti-liberty and anti-humanitarian stance, I have added a brief description to the links of the articles. Most are from highly liberal sources like CNN and USA today and others that even the staunchest anti-liberty person can not say is an unacceptable source.

Below are links that prove the extent of the psychological and physical toll that enforced isolation and relentless 24/7 media terrorizing of the public has taken on the people, the human toll and how anti-humanitarian it is to continue to put communist style restrictions on liberty on great swaths of the population.

tennesseestar.com... More people died of suicide in TN
www.usatoday.com... Child abuse pandemic
dfw.cbslocal.com... Spike severe child abuse
www.cnn.com... Domestic violence
www.npr.org... Child sexual abuse on the rise amid lockdown
news.yahoo.com... Rice in domestic violende
www.msn.com... Suicide/drug abuse/domestic violence on rise due to quarantine
www.wwlp.com... Substance abuse during COVID 19
news.usc.edu... Alcohol sales show alcoholism relapse COVID
www.seattletimes.com... Patients with heart attacks/strokes/appendicitis not in hospitals
www.msn.com... People scared of hospitals COVID 19
abcnews.go.com... People terrified of COVID avoid hospitals
www.pbs.org... People with heart symptoms don't to go ER, COVID phobia
www.chicagotribune.com... COVID fears lead to home births
www.nytimes.com... COVID home births
www.msn.com... Massive surge in demand for mental health services
www.usatoday.com... Mental health epidemic within pandemic
www.startribune.com... Mental health toll COVID
abcnews.go.com... Unemployment, isolation COVID mental health impact

edit on 5/4/20 by The2Billies because: addition of description of articles linked to and spelling

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

My family, friends and I all agree is time to unleash the economy.

Keep nursing homes locked for awhile. Enccourage work from home if possible.

Personally i think these governors know all this and since your stay at home death will count as a covid death, they will get their relief $$$ from the fed

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

My family, friends and I all agree is time to unleash the economy.

Keep nursing homes locked for awhile. Enccourage work from home if possible.

Personally i think these governors know all this and since your stay at home death will count as a covid death, they will get their relief $$$ from the fed

I will continue to wear a face shield in public, along with a mask, and gloves and stay at home as much as humanly possible. My friends (at least 70 of them I have asked) will also wear a mask and self isolate as much as they can. My children have also taken this stance.

One recent study shows that close to 40% of the population has made the same decision to continue to protect ourselves. Which means once the population is released the hospitals will still be able to handle the load.

However, just because we choose to do so, doesn't mean we want to restrict the liberty of the people around us.

We want everyone to be free to choose for themselves, "my body, my choice" should be the new call of those who want a return to liberty now that the hospitals are emptying out in 90% of the nation (except for big cities with public transportation which is THE petri dish of infection).

Even in the areas who cram millions into tiny boxes of disease (subway/bus) are now able to cope in their hospitals as COVID continues, and it will for another at least 2 years.

We can not lock up the populace and the economy for 2 years or we will all starve to death from either poverty or lack of food. By then the death from anti-humanitarian policies will have killed almost as many as COVID 19 in my personal opinion. We must realize that COVID 19 is from the same family as the cold virus and no one ever, despite it being a gold mine, has ever successfully made a vaccine for a cold virus, and there may never be one. If there is one having enough for the population is at a minimum 2 years away as the experts tell us.

It is time to restore liberty to the population and to allow everyone, not just a handful to say "my body, my choice"

edit on 5/4/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Trump vs the Governors, was somewhat a running theme a couple weeks ago, now the people are being fed up with Governors, well played Trump, well played.

What happens in one spot doesn't necessarily happen in another.

Texas has been a shining example of how we should have done things. We are opening dining rooms with limited capacity, curbside is through the roof and traffic has been getting a bit heavier.

The Texas economy will expand and the people will witness and look back at their own Governors and ask why are we still in lockdown, meanwhile, Texas are out and about?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I just found a profound quote from a Nobel Prize winning professor of biology who won a prize for chemistry at Stanford School of Medicine:

I think this is another foul-up on the part of the baby boomers. I am a real baby boomer — I was born in 1947, I am almost 73 years old — but I think we’ve really screwed up. We’ve caused pollution, we’ve allowed the world’s population to increase threefold in my lifetime, we’ve caused the problems of global warming and now we’ve left your generation with a real mess in order to save a relatively small number of very old people.

There is no doubt in my mind, that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor. - Professor Michael Levitt
unherd.com...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think it might be a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off thing...or should be..

have a couple weeks with all the things open, then isolate for a couple weeks, keep going like that until the year runs out or an effective treatment comes out and see where things are.

It might just be that we will have to do the herd immunity thing to get a handle on this unfortunately

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I think it might be a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off thing...or should be..

have a couple weeks with all the things open, then isolate for a couple weeks, keep going like that until the year runs out or an effective treatment comes out and see where things are.

It might just be that we will have to do the herd immunity thing to get a handle on this unfortunately

There is ONLY one way to achieve herd immunity. Let the people go.

Your idea will only make the human toll worse and may just result in more death from the human toll than from COVID 19.

There is no doubt in my mind, that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor.
Professor Michael Levitt, Professor of Structural Biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, and winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize for Chemistry unherd.com...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I wonder how our governor feels about this?Shooting over mask

So, I have COPD. I can't breath well through a mask. I guess I get nothing. I am supposed to still be let in stores. We will see this week.
edit on 4-5-2020 by chiefsmom because: addition

+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The kicker is therre should have never been lockdowns.

The WUFLU is 100% political assery, not medical.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I wonder how our governor feels about this?Shooting over mask

So, I have COPD. I can't breath well through a mask. I guess I get nothing. I am supposed to still be let in stores. We will see this week.

There is a study on N95 mask use by painters and construction workers, done well before COVID that shows carbon dioxide builds up in masks if worn too long. That is why in the news there was a woman who passed out at the wheel and crashed from carbon dioxide poisoning from wearing her mask too long while driving. So I can understand your issue. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Do you wear portable oxygen? Can you get your doc to prescribe portable oxygen so you can wear a mask safely? I hope so for your sake.

edit on 5/4/20 by The2Billies because: corrected link

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The crazy thing about this is that the coronavirus spread in the US before the draconian measures were put in place by the various state governors.
Just wait until the results come out after mass antibody testing is done and they see that most people had the virus already and most didn't even get sick.
edit on b000000312020-05-04T07:31:45-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 04 May 2020 07:31:45 -0500700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The crazy thing about this is that the coronavirus spread in the US before the draconian measures were put in place by the various state governors.
Just wait until the results come out after mass antibody testing is done and they see that most people had the virus already and most didn't even get sick.

Both my daughters are positive they had it before the lockdown. One did for sure, high fever, could not breathe, it hurt so much to breathe the doc gave her opiods, then sent her home because it was just a virus, she recovered quickly on her Zpac.

The other is positive her kids had it before the lockdown "worst colds I have ever seen" and she felt lousy 2 weeks after they got better. She didn't take them to the Dr because they just had "colds". None suspected COVID 19 at the time because it wasn't all over the news terrifying and terrorizing the population.

I think you are right, just looking at my own circle of family.

Way more people had COVID 19 than the government ever expected. Because the only people tested were those who went to the hospital the death rate has been highly exaggerated.

S. Korean studies have shown that "reinfection" was most likely false positives and that no one has given anyone else COVID 19 after getting completely well. So it seems reinfection is a myth perpetrated by the hysterical media who love to terrorize the population.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You totally ignore the concept...like most.

Infected infrastructure...to think of "me, me, I'm not gonna...etc"...you miss an important point we 1st Responders find too real:

Go back to work. Can you be sure you, your customers, co-workers, pedestrians, delivery drivers, stockeepers, suppliers...and at the gas station, party stores you stop on your daily travels...that everyone of those x how many they contact x you and your rights x....etc.

My mask...helps YOU from be infected.

Don't do anything! But throw out your home smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors for the same reason...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Actually, the guy without a mask, shot the store employee telling him he had to were one.

No, I'm not on oxygen, and while I probably could get my doctor to write something up, I shouldn't have to. Should be a choice.

What happened to them not working well anyway, if they weren't N95?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

N 95 masks work to filter disease particles both ways, that is not the issue.

The issue is that one should not wear them for extended periods of time.

As you have discovered no doubt, they trap carbon dioxide, but at low rates, so for a short period of time are ok. But for hours on end have a buildup that is dangerous. Users, must take them off for at least brief periods, just during eating and drinking are ok to have them off to release the toxins. But for people working hard physical labor, the buildup happens faster.

You may want to ask your Dr. perhaps adding portable oxygen due to your COPD may help and you can wear a mask safely while out in public.

I looked into buying one because it doesn't take long for me to feel the effects of a mask but they are really expensive. A lot of insurance policies cover them for people with COPD though.

edit on 5/4/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's really sad when you consider how many people had all the symptoms of the coronavirus prior to knowing what it was, but they all seemed to survive with little to no medicine. I've mentioned this several times but I'll say it again. My father-in-law has COPD and had the symptoms for 3 weeks in November. He survived by taking severe cold meds and Afrin. My mother-in-law has heart problems and got the same symptoms a week after my F-I-L got them. She survived with no medicine.

Forcing people to stay at home is BS. If you want to then that's one thing, but if you want to take the same risks you take during cold and flu season then that should be your choice. On top of that, I'm sick of hearing racist undertones about how we should be doing everything we can to help women, children, and other people of color.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If anyone has been isolated, it's their own fault. You could go outside, go get some food, go grocery shopping, etc... this whole time.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

But that is ALL you could do.

You could not come any closer than 6 feet to another human being that lives outside your home.

Children and abused spouses have been forced by abusers to stay indoors so no one will see their bruises and cuts.

One had no liberty to do anything but walk and stay more than 6 feet from any other human being, go to the grocery but do not get closer than 6 feet to another human. Most places you could not go shopping, but if you could you were forced to remain at least 6 feet from another human being. Many locals also wanted you to wear masks, so no one could see your face along with staying 6 feet from all other human beings. That my friend is enforced isolation, forced not to get closer than 6 feet to another human, with the strong and often legal recommendation you wear a mask so no interaction could take place. THAT IS ISOLATION.

But I guess you think the human toll is totally worth it because you don't think anyone was forced to be isolated at all. Okay, if that is what you think. It is absolutely the consensus opinion of the anti-liberty crowd, not surprising.

edit on 5/4/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

For many, it’s an excuse to be lazy. I’ve found that the ‘home bodies’ and generally lazy people, don’t mind the lockdown at all. Get paid to do nothing.

This panicdemic has really exposed certain personality types.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If anyone has been isolated, it's their own fault. You could go outside, go get some food, go grocery shopping, etc... this whole time.

That's a somewhat surface level description of the "isolation". What about human contact? Can you visit your friend a few miles away? Nope. Can you have visitor(s) to your house? Nope. Can you have a thoughtful and meaningful conversation with the checkout kid? Not really, no. Well sure, you can if you really want, but you or they might get in trouble for it.

I don't completely disagree with you but to say people's problems with isolation all lie with whether they literally step outside into the open air or not is well, a bit naive. There are many more dynamics to it, deeper nuances etc. Of course we can go for a walk if we want, and you can enjoy people dashing out of the way like you're some kind of murder suspect. That's not natural human behaviour, not necessarily rational action. I find myself respecting the people who are invading my personal space more than those who hurry themselves to 2 metre distance away.

Anyway that aside, I saw some vids of that Chicago mayor last night...damn, what a horrible POS. Glad I don't live in that #hole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join