It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange, Eerie Skulls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pictures of these skulls are located on this link.

www.enigmas.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Very awesome article also Diva.

If this ok, I posted a link to the "Starchild Project" at:
www.starchildproject.com...

They are currently doing mtDNA testing on this particular skull (for which I also saw the "skull" in/on your link). I am posting the current update, June 17th, 2003, to the mtDNA "child alien skull" which is quite interesting:
www.starchildproject.com...

Your article is a interesting read and suggests a number of posibilities for the "skulls". I used to think that it was done by "shaping". This would have been done at a relatively young age, while the skull bones were still maliable, or not fully hardened. This method could have been done a number of ways. (ie: pressure plates/boards, etc.) There is a African Tribe that does this same method for elongating their necks.

But when I ran across the "Star Child Project" I began to wonder especially in light of past and ongoing discoveries of "abnormal skulls" being unearthed in a wide varieties of locations through out the world. These are not "isolated" anomalies or connected to one particular tribe or region, per se'.

Very interesting stuff and great article again.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have heard Lloyd Pye on Coast to Coast radio. The circumstances surrounding the death of the starchild are very interesting. Everyone please check out the links prev. posted for a good read.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Tight pics, this should help out the UFO community.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A guy from work came to my place once, and I showed him all the pics and videos I had, about those 'conehead' skulls he said they are human. He said that in some cultures they tied a piece of cloath tight around the heads of children. So after years of growth their skulls ended up like that. Thought it was a good explanation, and could be real.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
>>>When some of these pictures (the first two) were posted on CompuServe more than year ago, the majority of people assumed that they represented an example of binding of the head, well known to be in fashion in ancient Nubia, Egypt and other cultures. The problem with this theory is that the inside of the cranium of the mentioned skulls, although elongated and with a back sloping, flattened forehead, have the same capacity as normal human skulls; the only difference is the shape achieved by frontal and side deformations.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Could they do DNA tests on them or are they to old. They could do carbon dating but most the time I believe its not accurate.

Very cool pics. Thanks for the links.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

These had DNA testing on them and were proven to be human. They found evidence that they had shaped their children's skulls to get those shapes. They did it by tightening clothes around their heads with rocks (and other hard materials) to shape it slowly. Basicly it is what Seekerof said. So sorry: No aliens here.

[Edited on 7-13-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Theirs no way in hell thats possible, the size of the skull dictates otherwise. The only way that is possible is if the Skull actually Match the narrowness of a human skull, but it can't, I've seen photos of those skulls next to a human shaped one, those skulls are huge. Unless those *ancient humans* found a way to make their skulls grow while their bodies were smaller, it not happening.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't know but maybe that's just the reason why they are human, diva.

When a head is binded, the head still wants to grow to get enough room for the brain, the only way it can grow is upwards, so it keeps growing that way till the brain has the normal capacity?? (have no clue)

But then on the other hand why do they bind the heads?

Did an alien race with coneheads (silly movie
) came to earth, and those earthlings were so amazed by them they wanted to look like them and started binding their childrens heads?

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by alienaddicted]

top topics

join