It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just dumped 4 Gallons of Hooch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Probably spent about $30 bucks on that stuff. Put it up in November (early) and forgot about it. Six months sitting on the yeast, air locks dry, it was a complete failure. Probably about 30% ABV, but I damn sure wasn't drinkin' it!

Probably should have made a still and put it in there to distill down. But, I didn't.

Oh well

Not sure when I'll make wine again, but I had some successes, and a whole lot of failures.

Bummer.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Should have donated it to the homeless.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What is hooch mean in your parts.?
Second line

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
What is hooch mean in your parts.?
Second line

Homemade

edit on 3-5-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So, you made some MD2020? Just the way they used to make it in the seventies, undrinkable.

Well, it is the right year to do it anyway.

edit on 3-5-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Dry air locks are very very bad!

Sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hooch in my parts sometimes refers to a green plant that people like to inhale when lit with fire. a reply to: Jamie2018

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

So, you made some MD2020? Just the way they used to make it in the seventies, undrinkable.

Well, it is the right year to do it anyway.

It was probably better that MD....

But he essentially left the bottle open for a few months.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hooch in my parts sometimes refers to a green plant that people like to inhale when lit with fire. a reply to: Jamie2018

Same here in Australia - Hooch is Cheech and Chong Cigarettes.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Those guys look creepy , like they are looking at a bit too young lady.a reply to: Jamie2018

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Dam now I want to watch me some Cheech and Chong movies. They used to crack me up. a reply to: Jamie2018

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

sitting on top of the yeast isn't a big deal. A dry airlock isn't bad as long as you keep the CO2 inside. It's heavier than air. As long as there was no kind of air movement inside the charbroil you would have been ok.

I've let wine sit in it's cask for almost a year. The gravity of the wine itself helps it to mature and it comes out smooth. Though, I wouldn't do it with anything less than 3 gallons because it needs that weight.

You may have wasted 4 gallons of wine.
edit on 3-5-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

NOOOOOOOO...........JUUUUUUUUSSSSSTTTTTT............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PRIMAL SCREAM!!!!!!

Everything is Fu##ed up enough Dagammit!

You probably could have sold that Port for $200 a bottle.... 30% ABV is a panty dropper......😜
edit on 3-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

NOOOOOOOO...........JUUUUUUUUSSSSSTTTTTT............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PRIMAL SCREAM!!!!!!

Everything is Fu##ed up enough Dagammit!

You probably could have sold that Port for $200 a bottle.... 30% ABV is a panty dropper......😜

It wouldn't have been 30% ABV.

The yeast would have died at somewhere around 15-17%, his airlock went dry so the alcohol then evaporated into the atmosphere.

And then the bacteria moved in to their new home...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Those guys look creepy , like they are looking at a bit too young lady.a reply to: Jamie2018

Jesus Chrysler😂 You're funny man, I like you. That's hilarious.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Meh!

When it's 400 litres or roughly 88 gallons let me know. Crap! Doesn't survive after a bush fire. Along with the drying tobacco plants.

Not covered by insurance. Oh well. Start again.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wait,

30% alcohol or 15% (30 proof)?

If it was 60 proof wine, you really should've saved at least a bottle. Like a 1.75l bottle because it'd basically be liquor level and I would be really interested in trying wine that strong sometime.

The strongest wine I can get locally is 12.5% alcohol so 25 proof. It works in a pinch if you didn't make it to the liquor store on time but it can give a headache or heartburn if you aren't careful. This is pre-covid days when the liquor store was open until 9pm so you could get wine from Wal-Mart until 12am.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

salvage to vinegar ? or some other use [ prefereably non food ] ??

as for ABV - i doubt 30% - theres a limit to fermentation [ alchahol kills the yeast ]

wines - run 12 ~ 14% - then ports // sherries - both made from partial distilation an reblending = 20% [ typical ]

ETA - i recall my father using a sryinge and distilled water - to " mauntain " the airlocks on his home brew - once / week

if it makes the difference between 20litres of scrap or 20litres of excelent brew - the toil is worth it
edit on 4-5-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I feel a disturbance in the force, as if millions of people cried out in terror, i feel something terrible has happened.

Failure leads to success, i'm sure you'll find copperhead road in the future.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The still was probably the best idea - not for drinking - but you could prob ably use some methanol around the ranch for all kinds of tasks. Starter fluid? Solvent?

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join