It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Had Its Own Roswell-Type Incident in 1956 According To USAF Telexes

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here's a sighting that I never heard about until today. Typed up various phrases on ATS's search engine, trying to locate a past thread, but surprisingly nothing popped up.

I'm becoming a real fan of this YouTube channel that I subscribed to awhile back. It reviews old UFO cases and I love the amount of detail they include in their research. On top of that, the narrator's voice is easy on the ears.

Back in 1956, a USAF officer assigned in Afghanistan, sent a telex to Wright Patterson AFB concerning this UFO incident. Later that week, more messages were sent to Wright Patterson AFB about UFO sightings reported in Central Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan.

archive.org...

Four days after the January 24, 1956 telex was sent, Afghanistan agreed on a $100 million loan (in 1956 dollars) "to modernize its military and infrastructure."

Here's the 8 minute video on this interesting case:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Excellent find 👍

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ya "it's redacted" is easily the best ufo related channel out there.
They do some serious leg work before putting out anything.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Incredible find!
Good for you,
and thanks for sharing!

S&F

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Any idea what code name “Project 10073” is/was? Didn’t watch the vid, but scanned the docs and — at the very least — there appears to be some lag; transcription reports an 11/1955 recording of something (assuming the event) but the alleged telex is lagged by 2 months, reported as 01/1956. Does the vid clear up those inconsistencies?

And just spit-balling, but what was the USofA doing in Afghanistan during the heart of the Korean War? I know there are bases in almost all places present day, but the US military posting up and giving a # about Afghanistan during a war is circumspect...but maybe.

True or not, it beats politics and the Rona. Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It’s redacted does such a good job on these videos. I agree that we are way to US centric when it comes to sightings. Roswell specifically. I had no idea that Afghanistan was not only a hot spot in the 50’s but has remained a hot spot and probably has always had a mass of sightings, very interesting. Russian involvement seems likely and this account would help us to understand any secret alliance russia has had with the US regarding ufos.

The descriptions given of the ufos is also telling. I hate the videos the US just released for various reasons but the narrator did say that a square (cube) shape was reported in Afghanistan and that is what apparently is been seen in the skys by our pilots.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I just did a quick search for 1956 UFO cases listed in Project Blue Book, found on the Internet Archive, and located the Afghanistan report among the other listed cases. January 24, 1956 and January 25, 1956 are the dates listed on these telexes, so I doubt that any document/transcription dated November 1955 has anything to do with this particular case.

archive.org...

Here's some info on "Project 10073":

The XFiles declassified by the Cia (we talked about here: link) to celebrate the return on TV of X-Files, the cult tv series of the Nineties, did not convinced too much ufologists, who had already said to be indifferent to the return on television of Mulder and Scully.

If the ten documents made public these days are still interesting to understand the climate that exists with regard to the Ufo phenomenon in the years of “cold war”, according to many much more interesting are the over 10,000 files declassified in 1980.

The files relate to so-called “Project 10073” which over the years has been rebuilt online (link) by Ufos researcher John Greenwald Jr. It seems that many surprises can be found among them: experts of San Diego Union Tribune, for example, found five reports of Ufo sightseen above the Californian town between 1952 and 1966.

LINK: Xfiles: forget about the Cia, better Project 10073
edit on 5/3/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thanks! I found your thread and OP interesting, and was shooting from the hip; unknown (to me) case with some legit credibility, so I had to learn more, hoping at first glance I could deduce a couple things that after further cursory research (I was posting and running cause I’m hooked on The Last Dance docuseries and the first 4 episodes were being replayed) provided inaccurate.

Good discussion. I hope more information can be unearthed and shared.

Look forward to future revelations

ETA: I was referring to this language: “SURVEY A-1865, 22 NOV 55 AND MSG THIS OFICE C-1, 23 JAN 56.” Again at first glance, I read that as related to the sentence to follow, which appears to unrelated. What’s SURVEY A-1865? 🧐
edit on 4-5-2020 by Cravens because: ETA

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There are no corroborating local media reports? For all we know, the operatives on the ground invented the reports for any number of reasons. To please their bosses, to trick the locals, who knows.

Afghanistan in 1954 was a quiet, ancient medieval type place, no radical Islam as would happen later, the Soviets would not invade for another twenty years. Hippies would go there to smoke hashish in the 60s.

A couple documents from an agency known for lies does not make it true.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is this why the Soviets kept trying to invade the country?

Is it why 20+ years later the US did?

join